Everythings different in Louisville

Advertisement
To be fair, it was against their second team defense (*insert joke about our first team being just as bad*).

It was against their second D. However, this game pretty much indicates what to expect from Petrino... I think UL will be solid next year... An 8, potentially 9 win squad... I think their defense will be solid as well... They bring a lot of people back from their two deep...

No doubt about pertrino is a good coach. He just doesn't have the personnel for his system yet. Once he does. It's going to be he'll. Another note is that he will have to fight in state Kentucky for recruits now where as before Kentucky was irrelevant

What makes you think uk is relevant now? Was it their 2-10 season last year? This ain't basketball, you start freshman, your gonna lose.

As CARD fan, Duke Johnson scares me vs our first game with a new DC. We did run a lot of 3-4 last year, so I do not think it is as much a change as people let on and we definitely have the players to run it, although we could use a good NT, but who doesn't.

Advertisement
Best thing I've ever heard come from Saban regarding spring games is this , "people tend to over analyze a team after the spring game."

Not saying UL won't be good or bad, but I'm not gonna say our D will be better or worse. Your not gonna know until the fall

No doubt about pertrino is a good coach. He just doesn't have the personnel for his system yet. Once he does. It's going to be he'll. Another note is that he will have to fight in state Kentucky for recruits now where as before Kentucky was irrelevant

What makes you think uk is relevant now? Was it their 2-10 season last year?

No it was their 17th ranked class vs your 40th. Think he meant relevant instate as far as recruiting.

Advertisement
It was against their second D. However, this game pretty much indicates what to expect from Petrino... I think UL will be solid next year... An 8, potentially 9 win squad... I think their defense will be solid as well... They bring a lot of people back from their two deep...

Their defense got hit bad this off-season, combined with the implementation of a new scheme, it may be hard for them to be solid.

Preston Brown (starting ILB, led team in tackles),
Calvin Pryor (starting Safety, possible 1st round pick)
Hakeem Smith (starting Safety, All-American Conf Team)
Marcus Smith (starting DE had 18.5 TFL and 14.5 Sacks [2 against us]), and
Brandon Dunn (starting DT) are gone.

Last edited:

What makes you think uk is relevant now? Was it their 2-10 season last year?

No it was their 17th ranked class vs your 40th. Think he meant relevant instate as far as recruiting.
Only dropping to 40 considering a coaching change (from a good coach) isn't actually terrible. In state we actually did well with the recruits we wanted including the best QB in the state.

First game is a crap shoot. All about prep and how well the coaching staff can minimize mistakes. Probably best predictor is history if first games against good opponents by the head coaches involved.

First game is a crap shoot. All about prep and how well the coaching staff can minimize mistakes. Probably best predictor is history if first games against good opponents by the head coaches involved.

Are you a UL fan? How did you end up here?

Advertisement
The offense piled up 951 yards and 11 touchdowns in the first exhibition appearance of coach Bobby Petrino's second regime, showing off an abundance of weapons in the receiving and running back corps.

Petrino pointed out that the game's format prohibited the defense from pressuring the quarterback in certain situations, but even those limitations couldn't dampen the positive feeling he took from his team's first broad introduction to its fan base.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...le-football-lots-weapons-spring-game/7628689/

Yes. Someone linked this thread on our scout board. I lurked before the bowl game. You can only view so many before having to join. I am aware that I am a guest so will behave as such.

Advertisement
Welcome MD - nice to have an opposing viewpoint that isn't a complete dillwad. Welcome aboard! (There's an ignore button for your convenience in case things get surly...)

On the bright side, if UL's defense is really that bad....the Olsen Heisman campaign will be off to a magnificent start.

Last edited:

Their Scout board is making fun of this thread-
http:// http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=12813162

Somebody feed that link to the WEZ please. :drevil:

Advertisement
Back