MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
When is the last time Miami payed coordinators big salaries to entice guys with strong resumes?

Gattis has coached at Penn State, Alabama, Michigan, and won the award for best coordinator in the country.

YES HE HAS SUCKED SO FAR. PROBABLY WAS A BAD HIRE.

But this is not classic Miami. This is actually progress lol. Sometimes you do the right thing and the result doesn’t work out. That’s fine, at least now we’re paying enough to entice other guys who are proven to come and work here

What has Gattis done as OC, beside slip responsibility (allegedly) at UMich where he got all the credit, and won best OC.

Seriously, show me a history of him fielding top offenses that score and move the ball. Does he have more than one year of proof?

And yes. Only at Miami, where we jack up the OC hire, whether we’re paying or not.

What has Gattis done as OC, beside slip responsibility (allegedly) at UMich where he got all the credit, and won best OC.

Seriously, show me a history of him fielding top offenses that score and move the ball. Does he have more than one year of proof?
the thing that matters is that we paid big bucks for him. He moves on and we’ll pay big bucks for someone else who Mario will have more time to pick and learn from the issues with Gattis.

So far the offense has been ugly but they took a swing at a big name from an elite program and I think it at least proves we’ll continue swinging big and the next one will be better

Angry Ken Dorsey or GTFO.
A1BA6865-8FCE-41CB-9E0C-BF294F2210EC.png

Advertisement
the thing that matters is that we paid big bucks for him. He moves on and we’ll pay big bucks for someone else who Mario will have more time to pick and learn from the issues with Gattis.

So far the offense has been ugly but they took a swing at a big name from an elite program and I think it at least proves we’ll continue swinging big and the next one will be better
I get the sentiment, but the issue(to me) is not who we'll attract, it's who Mario will be attracted to. We can replace Gattis, but what good is it if we just grab another OC that tries to implement a dated offense that relies on being tough and physical?

When Miami was winning titles, outside of 2001, we were always running modern offenses, often being the trendsetter. We brought in the pro passing concepts in the 80s, Erickson had the revolutionary 1-back offense that was like the spread of that time. Now we're stuck trying to play offense in a phone booth like it is still 1998.

I'm all for having a running focus, but do it smartly and in a modern way. I mean, the Briles system should have Mario salivating with how well Baylor was running back in the day and with how much Arkansas relies on the ground game. It just implements modern splits, some air raid passing concepts, and makes it easier on the QB. Why not go with a system more like that and average 300 yards rushing per game?

Does Mario think that's a soft system and he'd rather prove his manliness by having the team run from condensed sets into overloaded boxes?

Don't laugh,,
David Yost, got clocked at FIU last week. But so does everyone.
25 years of innovative offence, players loved him,,even was at Oregon in 2020.
Imagine 40 thousand screaming fans wearing Yost wigs.
HRS would be fun instead the morgue it is now..
I've been screaming Yost for 2yrs....Go Google his accomplishments. His 2019 and 2017 Offenses were Sick...Go look at the QBs he developed at Missouri.

Advertisement
I get the sentiment, but the issue(to me) is not who we'll attract, it's who Mario will be attracted to. We can replace Gattis, but what good is it if we just grab another OC that tries to implement a dated offense that relies on being tough and physical?

When Miami was winning titles, outside of 2001, we were always running modern offenses, often being the trendsetter. We brought in the pro passing concepts in the 80s, Erickson had the revolutionary 1-back offense that was like the spread of that time. Now we're stuck trying to play offense in a phone booth like it is still 1998.

I'm all for having a running focus, but do it smartly and in a modern way. I mean, the Brills system should have Mario salivating with how well Baylor was running back in the day and with how much Arkansas relies on the ground game. It just implements modern splits, some air raid passing concepts, and makes it easier on the QB. Why not go with a system more like that and average 300 yards rushing per game?

Does Mario think that's a soft system and he'd rather prove his manliness by having the team run from condensed sets into overloaded boxes?
I hear ya and what you’re saying makes perfect sense to me. Idk what Mario is going to do and it’s only been 4 games so honestly I’m hoping (I know I might be naive about it) that Gattis turns things around because he’s the WRs coach and the WRs have looked really bad as have the offense as a whole.

I’d love for us to play with a more modern offense and get a stud scheme guy in, but I also just don’t accept that running the offense Mario wants to run has to look as bad as it has. Our guys are dropping wide open plays, QBs unable to find open guys, RBs not running hard enough (with the exception of Parrish). TEs unable to block.

Yes I’m a perfect world we use a more entertaining offense that scores more points, but I also feel like the execution and coaching to run the offense Mario seems to prefer is way worse than what it can be (which I accept isn’t as good as the modern offenses)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back