MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

99% of us predicted 8-4 or better
90% predicted 9-3 or better

Nobody thought this was a "rebuild" until MTSU beat us...
The Vegas over/under was 8.5 wins for a reason. Given our historically soft schedule, TVD, a legit coaching staff (at least we thought), and some other improvements we believed were made, a 2 win improvement from Manny felt reasonable.

Advertisement
Their defense has gotten better over the last 3 years since Chris Partridge was hired as Defensive Co/Assistant coach. He’s coached safeties and linebackers both at Ole Miss and Michigan. Also was recruiter of the year. I wanted him over Steele.

This. Ole Lane is ironically fielding a better rushing game and defense than we are. Wild.

Advertisement
I always thought it was funny to see how easy it is to troll this board..... Do you not see the whole purpose of a lot of these threads is to just incite conflict??
Anytime a thread like this comes up it's always the same names that jump in and feed the narrative..... Wash, Rinse , Repeat..

Wanted to make sure we’re all on the same sheet of music. I’ve heard rebuild already this year. Who makes the call on this? Usually every year about 4-5 games in our season the rebuild goblins come out and announce it. It always helps with understanding why the team ***** itself in big games against quality opponents like MTSU or LA Tech, or FIU etc.

So are we rebuilding then?

Yes. 6-6, 7-5 type season with all these injuries just don’t see how Miami wins much with its lack of depth/talent

For some reason our fans look at the logos on our schedule and chaulk up automatic wins. That culture is in the locker room too.
That's what other teams have done for a long time now when they see the U on their schedule.

#TheNewMiamiIsTheOld1970sMiami
#Tate
#Kichefski
#Curci
#Elliot
#Selmer
#Saban

Last edited:
The Vegas over/under was 8.5 wins for a reason. Given our historically soft schedule, TVD, a legit coaching staff (at least we thought), and some other improvements we believed were made, a 2 win improvement from Manny felt reasonable.

Then we got decimated with injuries and TVD **** himself looking like he is on some pills or syrup when he has been playing this year.

Advertisement
I never wanted Leach at UM, but that Miss St team is solid. They have an up and coming stud at DC in Zach Arnett.

Tough division and schedule, but they are legit. Might beat Bama outright.

For some reason our fans look at the logos on our schedule and chaulk up automatic wins. That culture is in the locker room too.

This is spot on. Agreed this exactly one of the major issues and rivers admitted it after the MTSu loss. Kids/team think they are better than they are. It happens year after year.

It’s going to take time to fix. I was hoping to win the coastal and always said they was goal #1 this year. Coastal is **** but looking at a schedules just now I would say UNC is the favorite. Miami has to win Saturday.

Advertisement
TAMU right now is massively underachieving. They’re getting carried by a few dudes that are balling out.

Don’t confuse our lack of offense against them as some indictment on the quality of their defense or even the quality of that team.
Stars matter
Stars with horrible leadership and divas are a recipe for disaster. And now you’re adding money into that ****tail.
I just don’t see him having those kind of leadership qualities to pull that off.
Maybe I’m wrong.
But to me his persona is goofy and cringy AF.

All the semantics is frustrating. What matters is with all our efforts into obtaining a new coaching staff, AD, and unforeseen investment into facilities we still suck 🤦‍♂️. I don't wanna call this a rebuild but this clearly doesn't look like a quick turnaround. The program is rotten beyond just coaching & players. Not really sure anymore what it'll take and how long the process requires. All I know is we must see the team improve over the course of the season, similar to Richts first year in 2016.

Advertisement
Not yet a rebuild, still tearing it down
Yep can’t rebuild yet when a lot still needs to be torn down. That involves getting rid of bad culture players and recruiting at a high level. Also involves getting the “right” coaches in here. Mario is the right guy “IF” he gives up control of the offense and finds a coach who wants to run up tempo with concepts of spread. I don’t need an air raid because you definitely need to be able to run the ball when you want. Until Mario learns that, not much will change with this offense. Saban was stubborn for a while too until he knew he had to adapt with the new age college offenses. That was always my issue with Mario. He’s a program builder but can we win consistently and actual win a title with him? Remains to be seen

All the semantics is frustrating. What matters is with all our efforts into obtaining a new coaching staff, AD, and unforeseen investment into facilities we still suck 🤦‍♂️. I don't wanna call this a rebuild but this clearly doesn't look like a quick turnaround. The program is rotten beyond just coaching & players. Not really sure anymore what it'll take and how long the process requires. All I know is we must see the team improve over the course of the season, similar to Richts first year in 2016.

It’s a slower rebuild because of the choice of offensive philosophy…. We are 4-0 and looking good with a modern offense… recruiting isn’t scrambling and team isn’t a laughing stock

Advertisement
Back