MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Advertisement
TAMU right now is massively underachieving. They’re getting carried by a few dudes that are balling out.

Don’t confuse our lack of offense against them as some indictment on the quality of their defense or even the quality of that team.
Stars matter
Stars with horrible leadership and divas are a recipe for disaster. And now you’re adding money into that ****tail.
I just don’t see him having those kind of leadership qualities to pull that off.
Maybe I’m wrong.
But to me his persona is goofy and cringy AF.

Leach will never do anything meaningful in the SEC. He'll win games here and there, but he'll never compete.

Never should've left Washington State. He was a god in Pullman and he could've done something in the Pac-12. He's had Oregon's number for years and Washington isn't what it once was; he could easily compete in the North annually—and now he's in the SEC West. Good luck with all that. 8-4 will always be his ceiling.

FSU’s best players are from the portal including 2 WRs Mario either coached or played against out west.
Yep. Kinda hard not to notice that. I won't fault him too bad there cause he knew what this roster needed and chased the big fish in the portal at WR but those misses have become crippling. The scheme was gonna suck regardless but imagine if we had Zay Flowers + another decent guy right now ? Either way unless we do a 180 the next eight games MC will need a new OC with an entirely different philosophy. I feel much more confident the talent will come vs Mario making that shift but time will tell.

Advertisement
Not for nothing but haven’t we fallen into that category the last several years with Phillips, ts2, mesidor, king, Rambo, et al?

Absolutely. I have no issues with the portal or using to it as part of building a team in this era of football. If we had grabbed their 2 WRs and Verse, we’d likely be better than we are today.

Wanted to make sure we’re all on the same sheet of music. I’ve heard rebuild already this year. Who makes the call on this? Usually every year about 4-5 games in our season the rebuild goblins come out and announce it. It always helps with understanding why the team ***** itself in big games against quality opponents like MTSU or LA Tech, or FIU etc.

So are we rebuilding then?

I mean the team went 7-5 last year and only had one guy drafted in the seventh round.

Program is 118-85 since the 2005 Peach Bowl, which averaged out to 7-5 a year for the past 16 seasons.

Diaz just went 21-15—bailed out massively the past two seasons when TVD and DK played over their skis and won three games by a combined eight points last year and three by a combined nine points the year before.

Program was 28-24 since Richt's 10-0 start in 2017, which he followed up going 7-9 before retiring; Miami now on its third head coach in five seasons.

Canes wrecked by Alabama last year and beaten down late by Michigan State. Destroyed by Clemson and North Carolina the year prior. Ended 2019 getting upset by FIU, losing by double-digits to Duke and getting shutout a bowl game against Louisiana Tech.

One Coastal title since 2005 and 0-for-18 in ACC since joining.

Even with that, our fan base played the just-add-water game and assumed that bringing in Mario Cristobal would do what year one?

You read those post game comments from a few of our o-lineman last week? Really don't want to acknowledge a culture problem at Miami?

“We… I say we, everybody, because we’re all in this together. We looked at that team ‘Oh, we’re gonna win this game’,” said offensive lineman Jalen Rivers postgame. “So we came in obviously unmotivated, kinda slow and we had to ramp things back up when we got punched in the mouth.”

There was also center Jakai Clark, who stated, “We weren’t as locked in as we should have been pregame. During the week we had a good week of practice, but pregame…me personally, I feel as though we weren’t as locked in as we should have been,” while also calling his team’s attitude “lethargic”.

I don't care how tired our fans are of the word "rebuild"—Miami on its sixth head coach in 17 season (and god knows how many coordinators and position coaches)—this program has been rebuilding, knocking it all back down and starting over again since the last Butch Davis recruit was off the roster.

Sad but true.

Advertisement
Like clockwork. Every time Leach wins a good game, we get this stupid thread. How come the posters that start these threads don’t start ‘em when he loses to Memphis or Texas Tech like last year?
Trolling doesn't work that way... LOL!!

So you’re saying he isn’t a cultural fit….
oj simpson make GIF

The rebuild goblins are starting to poke their head out. Lots of “culture” and “Mario needs to bring in his guys” comments hinting at a rebuilding process. The ambiguous “culture” one, though, is gaining a lot of steam
We have been **** for 20 years.

Why some of you continue to delude yourselves that we're a good team that's underperforming due to 'corching' and arrogantly sniping at fans that want to give the new guy some time before lynching him for not winning every game is beyond me.

It just leads to a self-perpetuating cycle of misery.

Leach is entertaining, refreshing and innovative. But, he wasn’t the right fit for many reasons.

If we wanted to be jerks again, Lane was the answer. We decided to head in a different direction (one that I supported and still do). Time will tell if it was the right path.

Advertisement
7-5 and new staff is absolutely a rebuild. I don't care what all the offseason gurus and all the hall of fame couch coaches on here have to say.

Duplicating or possibly even taking a step back from that record (let's not forget the fluke F$U loss that would've saved his job in some scenarios), shouldn't be acceptable. Not for one second. When you take into consideration all the money invested, the staff on hand, access to the portal, and the conference and division we play in, yeah, that's a big no to rebuilding.

I don't get why you can't win now w/ the schedule we face while implementing your culture? Total cope out in my eyes. Not talking about playoffs or conference championship either.

More like....I don’t want to be ranked worst performing team in college football until we’ve earned it. We just did.
Good thing for bye weeks. We'll take that ranking into next week!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back