Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

I am okay with that now

I will repeat. No player on this team has that “dog” in them. How do I know? If they did, you would see more disruption. What would an Ed Reed, Irvin, Ray Lewis or even an Al Blades have been looking like on the sideline, in the locker room or at the facility. It would have been ugly. These guys at complacent with how things are. No dogs bro.

They don’t have that “dog”.

They have the loser funk that follows around trash coaches.

Manny likes to talk about the players having the “far away” look.

Watch him on the sideline. They learned it from him.

Advertisement
Sure, we can always blame the coaches, but isn't Miami suppose to be the one place that anyone can succeed? If it takes an Urban Myer to win at Miami then Miami has no bigger of an advantage than Ohio State.

That was never true and hasn’t been close to being true for a long, long time.

Advertisement
Don’t know what else to say.
Say it to James and anyone else who listens.

"Say it loud (say it loud), say it clear (oh say it clear)
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
To admit we don't see eye to eye"

Mike and the Mechanics, The Living Years.

Last edited:
Such a dumb and simplistic view of things. To be expected here.

Manny and company need work, but even when our players were in a position to make a play, they didn't more often than not.

Players have been tacking since they were kids, now they can't even do that consistently. They take **** angles, run into each other, etc. Kicking, don't even get me started.

Players accountability around here is close to zero. I saw a team that had multiple opportunities to seize the moment and failed to do so.

Enos though, he's gotta go.

Some of us have played championship football.

I have had the experience of watching the difference between a championship coach and perpetrator in over his head guiding championship level rosters.

To the untrained eye they look the same from a distance.

The execution mishaps are what follows in over their head coaches.

The talent level is COMPLETELY A NONFACTOR.

You watch on tv and think “Oh, if that player just did this and this players just did that, everything would be ok.”

It doesn’t work like that.

The players are much closer to each other talent wise than you think. It is subtle differences that look like a big deal on the the screen.

Things are moving out there faster than you could possibly imagine.

There is a level of confidence and momentum necessary to execute well as a football team. Players don’t play in a vacuum. They come together to form a single entity, kind of like Voltron if you know what that was.

The environment that is conducive to consistent execution is created by the coaches psychologically, emotionally, strategically, and technically.

Unless you have the rare transcendent talents, you fail with bad coaching every single time. Even transcendent talent is dampened when the coaching is bad enough.

Say what you want about the players. It’s your opinion. But if double reverse at the opponent’s 10 doesn’t make you see the light, nothing can help you.

You are giving them a pass.

Ex: Perry short arms throw on first offensive play, call was right, execution was not.
- Sack, fumble, TD - if Perry gets that ball off, 90 yard TD
- Pope drops, Wiggins drop, Harley drop

To your point: why are we playing a walk on LB? No runs in redzone, etc.

All around mess. Players included.

And JT4 screws us as well without taking a snap. It’s his back up who lets a punt bounce from the 25 and puts us In position for the safety.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s not about giving anyone a pass, it’s about placing blame where it belongs and that’s 100% on the coaches.

- Good coaches coach short arm throws out of QB’s.
- Good coaches coach arm tackling and bad angles out of defenders.
- Good coaches coach missed assignmeand stupid penalties out of their players.
- Good coaches coach lazy route running and poor pass defense out of their players.
- Good coaches coach drops out of their players (https://www.espn.com/college-footba...c-wide-receiver-group-key-newly-potent-attack)

The coaches are the disease and the players are the host.
All true. And as much as I want a shiny new coach your post made me realize that all the problems you named(all valid) may take longer than an off-season to fix. So yeah Manny would definitely need more time IF he is the guy that can turn it around.

Some of us have played championship football.

I have had the experience of watching the difference between a championship coach and perpetrator in over his head guiding championship level rosters.

To the untrained eye they look the same from a distance.

The execution mishaps are what follows in over their head coaches.

The talent level is COMPLETELY A NONFACTOR.

You watch on tv and think “Oh, if that player just did this and this players just did that, everything would be ok.”

It doesn’t work like that.

The players are much closer to each other talent wise than you think. It is subtle differences that look like a big deal on the the screen.

Things are moving out there faster than you could possibly imagine.

There is a level of confidence and momentum necessary to execute well as a football team. Players don’t play in a vacuum. They come together to form a single entity, kind of like Voltron if you know what that was.

The environment that is conducive to consistent execution is created by the coaches psychologically, emotionally, strategically, and technically.

Unless you have the rare transcendent talents, you fail with bad coaching every single time. Even transcendent talent is dampened when the coaching is bad enough.

Say what you want about the players. It’s your opinion. But if double reverse at the opponent’s 10 doesn’t make you see the light, nothing can help you.

I've said from day one that I didn't believe in Enos. You sure as **** don't run that play when blocking is a problem. His offense is so flawed right now, it isn't even funny. He could be average somewhere else, hope it happens next year. Hoping for average here seems like a pipedream.

Agree coaches can make a difference. The offense was poor tonight, that's expected. I didn't expect to see as many errors defensively and most were on the players.

Mix in the **** poor kicking and fake coverage, you get to where we are tonight. Giving up that fake was 100 percent on us. Granted, great throw, seems we can't even catch a break there.

Advertisement
Mullen is a more proven coach, so the odds are is that his performance would be better. Still, it continues to prove my point, we need elite coaches to win at Miami. The same can be said for literally every other school.

Mullen- another coach who really wanted the job. Leach, Mullen, Cristobal, Davis. All dudes who asked to coach Miami, not the other way around. The program specializes in torturing fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back