Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

You have to look at the talent with respect to position. For example, their kicker is more talented than ours. If the opposite had been true then we would have one. Their offensive line is more talented than ours (We have a 2 star true freshman starting). If our OL was better then we would have won. Our talent is in our skill players and it is largely meaningless if we suck at other key positions.

Bull****. GT just beat us with offensive players that were running the Triple option for years before.
That same squad lost to Citadel because of their talent holes

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to look at the talent with respect to position. For example, their kicker is more talented than ours. If the opposite had been true then we would have one. Their offensive line is more talented than ours (We have a 2 star true freshman starting). If our OL was better then we would have won. Our talent is in our skill players and it is largely meaningless if we suck at other key positions.
That’s a good point! We have to have the worst OL in football right now.
That’s why it’s not JUST coaching and not JUST talent....we have a horrid OL yet our OC calls an option on third and short to the weak side (UVA), a TE sweep on third and goal (UVA), a double reverse on first and goal....so instead of playing to our small strength (straight run blocking) he makes our OL pull and sweep which is what they are horrible at!!!!!

frustrating man!!!!

You need a lot of athletes to run the triple option. The Citadel has a better OL than us.

Recruiting rankings-wise we do. And yes, development has been part of the problem. Mullen was able to fix his OL woes in year 1 where his predecessor flagrantly mishandled the offensive side of the ball and didn't develop the OL. So why has our OL gotten worst under Manny's watch?

Recruiting rankings-wise we do. And yes, development has been part of the problem. Mullen was able to fix his OL woes in year 1 where his predecessor flagrantly mishandled the offensive side of the ball and didn't develop the OL. So why has our OL gotten worst under Manny's watch?

Because of graduation. You can't measure a slope based on one variable. We will know if progression occurs next year.

Advertisement
I think we're actually agreeing, but my point is that we won't make the right hire (and thus, will continue to languish) because it's not a priority. Leadership starts at the top and, right or wrong, they are more interested in other things, which most would say they should be as heads of a University.

It's just difficult to compete w an Alabama or Clemson, by comparison, where the entire state is "all in" on winning football national championships.

Agreed. For whatever reason, the program decided 15 years ago that it needed to hire inbred coaches with Coker than Shannon. We used to be renegades and hire guys who changed the landscape of football, but instead we became too concerned about legacy and failure rather than winning and sticking to our guiding principles as a program.

Golden was a flyer because they thought they were getting the next small school Urban Meyer except there was nothing unique or interesting about him. Richt was a bandaid.

Miami is a small school in an international town. It doesn’t need the Goldens of the world. It needs a guy who is an absolute rockstar to come in and get the program to where it needs to be. In a way, it reminds me of USC.

I agree with you that it doesn’t seem to be the priority or focus anymore, and that’s a shame. When we hired Frenk instead over the Admiral, I knew that was going to be a problem. Then we kept Blake, and that is still a problem.

Guaranteed the next hire will be Cristobal or Babers, and both will fail here. Neither is the right guy.

Hire a rookie coach, get rookie results.

I'm seriously torn re: Manny. He seems like a really bright guy who has proven to be successful as a coordinator. But he's made apparently awful hires and his staff has been outcoached in every FBS game thus far.

I will say this- the three most beloved coaches in our history: Schnellenberger, JJ, and Butch all had adjustment periods before finding greatness. Manny may well turn out to be great, but he needs to show he has some balls and hire some real staff members.

Advertisement
Agreed. For whatever reason, the program decided 15 years ago that it needed to hire inbred coaches with Coker than Shannon. We used to be renegades and hire guys who changed the landscape of football, but instead we became too concerned about legacy and failure rather than winning and sticking to our guiding principles as a program.

Golden was a flyer because they thought they were getting the next small school Urban Meyer except there was nothing unique or interesting about him. Richt was a bandaid.

Miami is a small school in an international town. It doesn’t need the Goldens of the world. It needs a guy who is an absolute rockstar to come in and get the program to where it needs to be. In a way, it reminds me of USC.

I agree with you that it doesn’t seem to be the priority or focus anymore, and that’s a shame. When we hired Frenk instead over the Admiral, I knew that was going to be a problem. Then we kept Blake, and that is still a problem.

Guaranteed the next hire will be Cristobal or Babers, and both will fail here. Neither is the right guy.
Agree with that!!! Completely

Advertisement
We are third in NFL players and just lost to a triple option team that is changing offenses.

Talent doesn’t give up bombs on punt safe. We are poorly coached.

NFL players don't take sacks and fumble in the end zones on screen passes ... they just throw the ball in the dirt.

NFL players don't blow their assignment on Punt Safe coverage for a 45 yd fake punt TD.

NFL players don't get lost in coverage and allow 50 yd TDs to a ****** QB at the end of the half.

NFL players rarely miss tackles.

We may have NFL talent in certain spots but they get overshadowed by the guys that make error after error.

The coaches suck ... but the players losing us games do as well.

Manny had no track record as a HC and wasn’t my first choice. But I was optimistic because I’m always optimistic until you show me otherwise. He’s now shown me otherwise.

Completely fair. I don’t blame you or any others for being optimistic at the beginning of the season.

You have made the assumption that we have more raw talent than those teams.

You are delusional. Almost insulting the way you’re defending this dumpster fire.

Andrew at least makes sense. D$ has turned into a podcast loud mouth generating recruits for Pete$ and a platform for handlers disguished South Florida high school football helpers....

tell me I’m wrong..

Advertisement
Back