Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

D$,

Do you think the BOT would fire Manny in year 1?

What would it take for some serious changes to happen to this program?

This season is going to absolutely decimate our recruiting for the 2021 & 22 classes, something has to be done.

Not D$ but here's what I know, in the order you asked:

!) No

2) A BIG check from an interested and credible party

3) our recruiting is decimated for the next THREE cycles with this staff. you would need an urban meyer type hire to save this program. it's dead otherwise

Advertisement
Yet, the offensive line hasn't seem to improve up to now. Also, other than Virginia and Florida, the offensive line hasn't exactly faced any legitimate Top 50 defense. But mighty Pittsburgh is waiting to BYTCH SLAP Manny's hapless assistant coaches come Saturn day.

By the way, here's looking forward to Miami being on the ACCN, again. Ouch.

I'm telling you - Mullen took over a UF program after McElwain who had a **** offense led by Frenks and an inept OL. In his first season last year, he had the OL looking decent and they won 10 games in year 1 under Mullen; UF also had about the same blue chip ratio as we do/did and had 2x 4-win seasons within the prior 5 years. Mullen didn't say **** about a rebuild.

UF looks like they're getting better. But hey, we need to give Diaz 5 years apparently because.....iT tAkEs LoNg tO tUrN aRoUnD tHe ShIp.

Charlatan styles. I’ve never seen a bigger difference between ‘talk game’ and ‘show game.’ It almost doesn’t even make sense. The lack of self awareness in so many of the coaches’ comments is criminal. We are the Theranos of college football programs.

Advertisement
Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.
Agree
My issue with the coaches are the horrible calls....the double reverse in the red zone....the constant 3 down linemen on when our defense is in third and long with delayed blitzes that are God awful....but the players are soft (missed tackles, dropped passes, at least 6 today, heck our first pass hit KJ in the hands and he dropped it, missed assignments)

ugh!

Agree
My issue with the coaches are the horrible calls....the double reverse in the red zone....the constant 3 down linemen on when our defense is in third and long with delayed blitzes that are God awful....but the players are soft (missed tackles, dropped passes, at least 6 today, heck our first pass hit KJ in the hands and he dropped it, missed assignments)

ugh!

How infuriating was it watching GT score on a fake punt......when we actually called a play to defend.....against a fake punt.

Advertisement
Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.
Didn’t he build his defense? So really he’s in year 4 on that side of the ball and it’s a disaster.

Diaz raided mighty La Tech for his DC and ST. On offense he stuck with pro style even though the most traditional SEC programs have moved to the spread. He is in over his head but too arrogant to see it.

I will no longer refer to Manny Diaz as Manny Diaz. From now on his name is Peter Principle (Coach Pete for short).

We've looked unprepared off of our 2 bye weeks, where the opposition (UNC and VT) weren't afforded a bye week; still lost. Our team appears to be getting worst as the season goes on. At least with Golden, we saw some type of improvement in the play of our team. And Golden was a **** coach who was here 2 years longer than needed.

Advertisement
We do. At least according to every recruiting service that gauges and evaluates talent.

You have to look at the talent with respect to position. For example, their kicker is more talented than ours. If the opposite had been true then we would have one. Their offensive line is more talented than ours (We have a 2 star true freshman starting). If our OL was better then we would have won. Our talent is in our skill players and it is largely meaningless if we suck at other key positions.

Charlatan styles. I’ve never seen a bigger difference between ‘talk game’ and ‘show game.’ It almost doesn’t even make sense. The lack of self awareness in so many of the coaches’ comments is criminal. We are the Theranos of college football programs.

this post sums it all up perfectly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back