Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Advertisement
D$,

Do you think the BOT would fire Manny in year 1?

What would it take for some serious changes to happen to this program?

This season is going to absolutely decimate our recruiting for the 2021 & 22 classes, something has to be done.

He absolutely cannot get a 2nd year. We have so many guys coming back next year that we'll be be better. I don't want manny getting any kind of bull**** extension because of it. Three years of his recruiting would ruin us.

Talent is NOT the issue. There is enough talent on this Miami team to go undefeated through the regular season. All they needed was COMPETENT coaching. Not exceptional, competent.

Miami’s failure this year is on the entire staff - yup, Feeley, too.

Feeley was like the only person did go to Atlanta with their coach. Maybe that says something lolol why do we consistent make the wrong decisions #cursed

Advertisement
The problem is we don’t have winners at the top in terms of leadership, starting with the BOT on down. Why Blake James has been allowed to stay at the helm is beyond any sort of logical reasoning.

Blake is a complete loser and continues to make garbage hires. He picks coaches off of emotion instead of objective data. He doesn’t know how to identify a winner, and he also doesn’t understand situational hires.

We’ve had multiple failed hires, so he goes and hires someone off of the same failed staff that he just fired which is unheard of. A coach who everyone knew would have a hard time putting together a decent staff.

Blake had a perfect opportunity to change the program. Richt gift-wrapped this for us. He resigned and didn’t make us pay out the contract. Literally, the greatest gift that any coach in the same situation could have made, and Blake fumbled it away.

Now we have a young coach who is cutting his teeth at our program again like all the other failed coaches we have hired since Butch left. If Manny fires everyone, he’s going to have a hard time hiring other coaches to come without overpaying them because they won’t trust that he’ll survive his contract. I doubt he resigns anyhow. He won’t, and I’m not sure he should. He’s programmed to do the best he can. It’s up to Blake and the BOT to judge his accomplishments or lack thereof and make a call. It’s the same debacle being repeated over and over. The more we fire people repeatedly the less attractive UM becomes for coaches.

We used to be a program that would hire coaches from other programs who were game-changers. That ended with Erickson. In our most desperate time, we hired an NFL guy who had the best eye for talent that we’ve ever seen but no experience. A rare hire that took years of patience to come to fruition.

The only other time I can think of a head coach making wholesale changes after his first year was JJ, but the coaches he fired after he went 8-5 weren’t his guys. These are Manny’s guys. So now what?

Manny needs a mentor, someone who can help him make the right hires after this season because I think we are stuck with him for at least 1-2 more years.

The reality is that if Manny continues to fail, the program will need a hard reset, a full change from top to bottom. The program will need a new AD that an incoming coach can trust, and they need to hire a coach with an intact staff that has a track record of winning and overachieving.

And that's coming from one of the dumbest hurricane fans out there. If he can see it, his ****ed are we....

Advertisement
The problem is we don’t have winners at the top in terms of leadership, starting with the BOT on down. Why Blake James has been allowed to stay at the helm is beyond any sort of logical reasoning.

Blake is a complete loser and continues to make garbage hires. He picks coaches off of emotion instead of objective data. He doesn’t know how to identify a winner, and he also doesn’t understand situational hires.

We’ve had multiple failed hires, so he goes and hires someone off of the same failed staff that he just fired which is unheard of. A coach who everyone knew would have a hard time putting together a decent staff.

Blake had a perfect opportunity to change the program. Richt gift-wrapped this for us. He resigned and didn’t make us pay out the contract. Literally, the greatest gift that any coach in the same situation could have made, and Blake fumbled it away.

Now we have a young coach who is cutting his teeth at our program again like all the other failed coaches we have hired since Butch left. If Manny fires everyone, he’s going to have a hard time hiring other coaches to come without overpaying them because they won’t trust that he’ll survive his contract. I doubt he resigns anyhow. He won’t, and I’m not sure he should. He’s programmed to do the best he can. It’s up to Blake and the BOT to judge his accomplishments or lack thereof and make a call. It’s the same debacle being repeated over and over. The more we fire people repeatedly the less attractive UM becomes for coaches.

We used to be a program that would hire coaches from other programs who were game-changers. That ended with Erickson. In our most desperate time, we hired an NFL guy who had the best eye for talent that we’ve ever seen but no experience. A rare hire that took years of patience to come to fruition.

The only other time I can think of a head coach making wholesale changes after his first year was JJ, but the coaches he fired after he went 8-5 weren’t his guys. These are Manny’s guys. So now what?

Manny needs a mentor, someone who can help him make the right hires after this season because I think we are stuck with him for at least 1-2 more years.

The reality is that if Manny continues to fail, the program will need a hard reset, a full change from top to bottom. The program will need a new AD that an incoming coach can trust, and they need to hire a coach with an intact staff that has a track record of winning and overachieving.

There is slightly more than zero chance of any meaningful change occurring. We are simply not a "football" school any longer (despite all the supposed S Fl talent which isn't that much better than anywhere else btw), and have not been since the turn of the century. I love my Canes but, sadly, politics runs everything these days and football is no longer a priority at the U.

Advertisement
D$,

This season is going to absolutely decimate our recruiting for the 2021 & 22 classes, something has to be done.

Why not? You would bench a starting quarterback if he is stinking up the joint. Why wouldn't the same standards apply to a coach?

There is slightly more than zero chance of any meaningful change occurring. We are simply not a "football" school any longer (despite all the supposed S Fl talent which isn't that much better than anywhere else btw), and have not been since the turn of the century. I love my Canes but, sadly, politics runs everything these days and football is no longer a priority at the U.

I tend to disagree. It takes great leadership. Winners recognize winners. We just don’t have anyone at the top who is trustworthy enough to make the right call. We are one AD away from at least stepping in the right direction. There are other programs who languished for years until they made the right here.

I also disagree about SoFla players. Different conversation though.

Advertisement
D$,

This is Manny's year 4 as far as I'm concerned.

Serious changes would be to stop season tickets renewal, empty out the stadium, and stop the donations. Add in banners for publicity.

Diaz completely bungled his hires. He either needs to get fired or needs a complete overhaul of his coaching staff, top to bottom.
Anyone who thinks he can fire members of this staff and replace them with respectable candidates is nuts. What coach wants to work under Manny at this point. Honest question no sarcasm. Who wants to work for a coach and AD on the hotseat.

Our players are soft. Both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech were more physical than us. Manny needs time to build his team, so firing him now would be silly and we would attract **** for a coach. I would like to see Manny given at least five years, like most other coaches.

It's also time to consider that our players are not as good as we, or they, think they are. Instagram All-Stars.

Advertisement
Back