Even the players hate Enos's scheme

Advertisement
JW throwing to triple covered TEs over the middle but y'all think he would become a savant with audibles, sure. We don't need a QB audible just check with the sidelines before snapping.

Enos is running the same scheme he always ran, he just had better OL play elsewhere and he never understood he needed to make changes to adapt to what Miami has right now. This scheme with pace and no huddle would be better, but Enos playcalling and gameplanning are the reasons he should be fired.
Which has never been that good minus one season at Arkansas.

Devils advocate and I’m not a fan on what happened this season and I never played so I’m expecting a lot of negs and rebuttals.
But is there any reason at all from a teaching/learning point of view for enos to run the offense the way he did this year?
Does slow play action help develop an oline?
Does it get the qb better used to being under center?
Are we trying to give the oline the most challenging and difficult reps they can get?
Is enos going back in the film room and asking the qb what he would’ve audibled to and correcting him on what play would be better to run?
Did he let his qb audible at Arkansas?
Are jdub and kosi the reason why cmr played Maleek? And it had nothing to do with talent but in between the ears?
Conspiracy theories aside I find it so perplexing that cmr and now enos are stinking up the joint.
Do you guys really think bama would be running what we are now?
Do you really expect manny to put up with it unless there was a reason or he knows why and also knows next year it will be different?
Is there a reason why we take so long to call a play? Are we trying to rest the defense? Control the clock?
Our offense was figured out in the late 3rd qtr against UF!!

Just throwing it out there cause I’m sitting here praying that there is a method to this madness.

The Enos offense is not as advertised. What’s even worse is his play calling and game plan. He calls bizarre plays at inopportune times, and apparently doesn’t realize his offensive line sucks. I have made excuses for him before but at this point his offense is fully installed, practiced constantly and it’s on him to find the plays that work and drop the ones that don’t. He’s stubborn, arrogant, and multiple defenses have figured out and exploited the offense.

His bravado when he was hired led me to believe this team would be making reads pre snap and doing shifts and motions every play to make the reads insanely easy on the quarterback. Instead he calls in bad plays, calls them in late, makes the team huddle, and the quarterback isn’t allowed to get into a more opportune play calls.

The only problem bigger than Enos currently is that the offensive line is horrid and the older players are the worst options. Basically the offensive line will continue going into each season praying for freshmen saviors.

Last edited:
I knew They weren’t allowed to audible smh lol

we all did. Enos was asked directly about audibles during a press conference. He didn't directly answer but basically said his plays had all kinds of options - I guess the implication was there was no need to audible.

Advertisement
if qb is not audibling what then are rpo's? Isn't an rpo essentially allowing the qb to make a read to either hand off or throw?

The Enos offense is not as advertised. What’s even worse is his play calling and game plan. He calls bizarre plays at inopportune times, and apparently doesn’t realize his offensive line sucks. I have made excuses for him before but at this point his offense is fully installed, practiced constantly and it’s on him to find the plays that work and drop the ones that don’t. He’s stubborn, arrogant, and multiple defenses have figured out and exploited the offense.

His bravado when he was hired led me to believe this team would be making reads pre snap and doing shifts and motions every play to make the reads insanely easy on the quarterback. Instead he calls in bad plays, calls them in late, makes the team huddle, and the quarterback isn’t allowed to get into a more opportune play calls.

The only problem bigger than Enos currently is that the offensive line is horrid and the older players are the worst options. Basically the offensive line will continue going into each season praying for freshmen saviors.
Look man I’ve been negative on here as well. But we have to realize that neither one of us or even anyone in here has coached at d-1 as head coach or oc.
I know that no one is safe from criticism. But everyone comes on here and says the same things you are. Your saying that a man that has been around this game at a high level on daily basis for many years fails to recognize oline talent and doesn’t know how to call plays.
Everyone is basically saying that enos has lost touch or had the game pass him buy. Really?
How many people on here were praying for briles!
The only hard truths on this team are the records at the end of each season.

We can argue (not a fact) that on paper we have more talent than that 10 win team and next year we will be more talented than we are right now.
We can argue that enos for some reason forgot football and so did Manny and Baker.
But I’m not gonna argue that everyone on here is smarter than nick saban and that he dodged a bullet when enos left.
The only thing I worry about is how low the bar was set this year for the admin and BOT.
I’m hoping everyone on here is wrong (me included) and that enos turns this sht around cause 8 wins just might be enough for everyone to stay in the admins eyes.

Look man I’ve been negative on here as well. But we have to realize that neither one of us or even anyone in here has coached at d-1 as head coach or oc.
I know that no one is safe from criticism. But everyone comes on here and says the same things you are. Your saying that a man that has been around this game at a high level on daily basis for many years fails to recognize oline talent and doesn’t know how to call plays.
Everyone is basically saying that enos has lost touch or had the game pass him buy. Really?
How many people on here were praying for briles!
The only hard truths on this team are the records at the end of each season.

We can argue (not a fact) that on paper we have more talent than that 10 win team and next year we will be more talented than we are right now.
We can argue that enos for some reason forgot football and so did Manny and Baker.
But I’m not gonna argue that everyone on here is smarter than nick saban and that he dodged a bullet when enos left.
The only thing I worry about is how low the bar was set this year for the admin and BOT.
I’m hoping everyone on here is wrong (me included) and that enos turns this sht around cause 8 wins just might be enough for everyone to stay in the admins eyes.

You can go through my posts. I defended the guy, I defended the scheme. I can’t anymore. It’s nonsensical the way he calls plays - his situational play calling is incredibly suspect. Tosses to the short side, play action in the two minute huddle, play action on third and long, his play calling when backed up on Miami’s goal line. From what he talked about to what the team was playing at season’s end is not the same.

The guy has been a great developer of quarterbacks in his career. His offensive coordinator credentials are middling. Whether Harbaugh, Saban, and Kirby wanted him or not. I think Enos with their offensive line puts up huge points and develops their QBs, I think that’s his draw. I think Enos would have more success with those teams, I would even argue he would improve Georgia and Michigan today. I don’t think Saban dodged a bullet, I think Saban would have been fine with Enos because their talent level is insane and he would keep a solid QB pipeline for Saban. They’d have the same record today with Enos I’m sure.

I’m not arguing like countless other posters that the spread solves all woes but how hard would it be to once in a while trot out 12 personnel and then split Mallory and Jordan out to isolate them, Thomas, Dallas, or Osborn in a severe mismatch for a quick throw? Or a QB draw, run option out of the spread or empty set? How hard is it to not only run the slant for the RPO?

This offense was historically bad. You can go through the stats, I can’t anymore. Being ranked close to dead last in important categories falls on everyone and Enos doesn’t get to escape that. I would take the triple option over what happened this season.

Advertisement
You can go through my posts. I defended the guy, I defended the scheme. I can’t anymore. It’s nonsensical the way he calls plays - his situational play calling is incredibly suspect. Tosses to the short side, play action in the two minute huddle, play action on third and long, his play calling when backed up on Miami’s goal line. From what he talked about to what the team was playing at season’s end is not the same.

The guy has been a great developer of quarterbacks in his career. His offensive coordinator credentials are middling. Whether Harbaugh, Saban, and Kirby wanted him or not. I think Enos with their offensive line puts up huge points and develops their QBs, I think that’s his draw. I think Enos would have more success with those teams, I would even argue he would improve Georgia and Michigan today. I don’t think Saban dodged a bullet, I think Saban would have been fine with Enos because their talent level is insane and he would keep a solid QB pipeline for Saban. They’d have the same record today with Enos I’m sure.

I’m not arguing like countless other posters that the spread solves all woes but how hard would it be to once in a while trot out 12 personnel and then split Mallory and Jordan out to isolate them, Thomas, Dallas, or Osborn in a severe mismatch for a quick throw? Or a QB draw, run option out of the spread or empty set? How hard is it to not only run the slant for the RPO?

This offense was historically bad. You can go through the stats, I can’t anymore. Being ranked close to dead last in important categories falls on everyone and Enos doesn’t get to escape that. I would take the triple option over what happened this season.
Im not asking anyone to defend him or you to defend your stance. The numbers on this offense speak for themselves (indefensible). I’m just wondering why the dude is doing what he does. I mean if your smart enough to be get to he position he has I can only try to assume there is a method to his madness and I’m trying to see if there is a teaching point to it.
That’s it. No more no less.
The man is doing the same thing all season just like cmr. Every coach watches film and looks at stats. His own head coach has his head all in football analytics so I’m sure he’s looking as well. I’m just wondering iif there is an endgame and or a reason on why.

Real talk none of our QBs could even call an audible so I'm not prepared to blanket state Enos doesn't do it.

I still want his *** gone though for many other reasons.

Im not asking anyone to defend him or you to defend your stance. The numbers on this offense speak for themselves (indefensible). I’m just wondering why the dude is doing what he does. I mean if your smart enough to be get to he position he has I can only try to assume there is a method to his madness and I’m trying to see if there is a teaching point to it.
That’s it. No more no less.
The man is doing the same thing all season just like cmr. Every coach watches film and looks at stats. His own head coach has his head all in football analytics so I’m sure he’s looking as well. I’m just wondering iif there is an endgame and or a reason on why.

I think you are giving them too much credit. Richt was at the end of his coaching career and got old and soft honestly is my take on him. He called his own plays and needed an actual coordinator. He also needed a QB coach, not his son. Richt in my eyes was a great coach for this team outside of his OC and QB coach choices. Richt also was the type who recruited well and basically out executed and out-talented his team to wins. Hence why he never won the big ones. That’s my simplistic take.

Enos I genuinely believe struggled to get his playbook digested by the players because it clearly wasn’t as simple as he claimed it was. The guy is also a control and detail freak from anything I’ve read. The offense formations and personnel have been very variable. I think he fell back on a scaled back version with minor adjustments each game because of failed execution and because his offensive line sucks. Virginia Tech, Central Michigan, FIU and Duke had this offense easily figured out.

The players aren’t perfect don’t get me wrong but Enos is here to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Maybe Enos thought with enough repetition the plays would start clicking? Maybe the QBs really are that bad? Maybe the offensive line is so incredibly bad none of this even matters?

Real talk none of our QBs could even call an audible so I'm not prepared to blanket state Enos doesn't do it.

I still want his *** gone though for many other reasons.
I’m not a coaching expert or an evaluator. But let’s take a look at University of Florida for example. Did Molly really go in there and change everything completely or did he just really luck out by having Frank’s get hurt. We ran a soft defense against that team and the only reason they won is because their defensive coordinator figured out that if they blitz they can get to our quarterback. Again I’m not defending anybody or saying that Dan is the answer. But maybe we just give some of our players too much credit that they deserve. The NFL is full of quarterbacks that were not elite high school recruits and division one has a cemetery full of elite quarterbacks and never even sniffed a tryout. But the team that played with Frank’s is totally different than the team that’s playing now with the new quarterback. In fact it looks so **** different that they’re not even given him a chance next year.

Advertisement
Why do we get stuck with these clueless hardheaded coaches??

Starts with the clueless hardheaded AD hiring the clueless hardheaded coaches and the clueless hardheaded BOT that allows the clueless hardheaded AD to hire the clueless hardheaded coaches...

This is also one reason I don’t think it makes sense for him to be in the sidelines - he can’t see things as well. It would seem easier to be in the box and radioing things down to someone to relay into the QB

I’m with you here for sure. Also think Baker should be up there.

Anybody with a fully functioning brain should hate Enox's scheme.

The only people who don't are Diaz, Blake James & the Corch worshipping slurppers in the fan base.

One things for certain, its obvious enos already doesnt let qb's audibles, falls right in line with his "my **** works" ego maniac thinking and personality. If he's suppose to be the qb whisperer, what kind of moron doesnt want or Trust his qb's to audible, you got to be a dumb **** to think you gone make adjustments on the next down. Coach butch davis schooled that moron ole skool style and got the W, got manny whining for what, Central Michigan didnt do that so what was the excuse after that game. Defenses take the field with confidence against us cause they know what they see is what they get.

Advertisement
Not defending Dan Enos, but our offensive line was godawful this year. One of the two or three worst I've seen at Miami. Too many freshmen and inexperienced players to be much more than vanilla. Even Dan Mullen had to scale the Florida offense back some due to poor blocking.

I truly believe our offense will take a modest step forward next year with a more experienced OL and Williams at QB.

Exactly, on the part where you said "even dan mullen had to scale back the offense" something enos already was to stupid to do, we got young Freshmen 1st time starting tackles and this bozo is calling for 5 & 7 step play-action drops. Its like that clown went into the UM archives and watched plays from the Glory years and was like, ****, i can call that, we have that in my offense, which is why we was running play-action damyum near all year most of the time when it didnt make sense. The 1st drive against the gaytors, that offensive approach dissappeared real quick. As long as coach diaz keeps letting that megalomaniac keep doing weekly press conferences, he'll continue to call stupid ****. I always knew why he left Bama, he didnt want to get exposed on the big stage calling that weak ****, bytch came here to practice. I believe this is coach enos already national anthem:

Also, since its been alot of talk about this "player led" ****, good, 1st things first, rousseau, make **** jarren take yo number off and shave all that ghey *** Gold **** off his head, him and perry, that'll force them 2 to GTFO the mirror and concentrate on football.

Advertisement
Back