Even the players hate Enos's scheme

Not defending Dan Enos, but our offensive line was godawful this year. One of the two or three worst I've seen at Miami. Too many freshmen and inexperienced players to be much more than vanilla. Even Dan Mullen had to scale the Florida offense back some due to poor blocking.

I truly believe our offense will take a modest step forward next year with a more experienced OL and Williams at QB.
Wishful thinking. Yeah, our OL was bad, but the fact Enos couldn't recognize this and do anything about it is telling. Also, I do not believe he's the QB guru everyone thinks is he. We are dead as long as he's here.

He will plan all spring and summer to tweak this **** into chicken salad. Enjoy your meal.

Advertisement
Not defending Dan Enos, but our offensive line was godawful this year. One of the two or three worst I've seen at Miami. Too many freshmen and inexperienced players to be much more than vanilla. Even Dan Mullen had to scale the Florida offense back some due to poor blocking.

I truly believe our offense will take a modest step forward next year with a more experienced OL and Williams at QB.

This is true. Florida’s OL was nearly as horrendous as ours yet they were still blowing out respectable teams in their own conference. It can be done if your OC is competent

the lack of audibles is apparent and SCARY

Absolutely. Means 2 of 2 things:
- ZERO faith in our QBs to see anything or make the correct read/call.
- Control freak with ego so big he doesn’t think he can ever be wrong.

Or both. I go with both.

His offense is @ss. I call out every play to my buddy before the snap. If I can do it, coaches breaking down fill can. Everyone else is running Oculus while Enos playing Pong.

And why are we so freaking slow getting the play to Williams?

We keep getting delay penalties and the corches act like it's Jarren fault. It isn't! Jarren usually doesn't get the play in and start the huddle until about 15 seconds left on the play clock. We stand around for 20 seconds waiting for the play and then scramble like we are in a 2 minute drill to get lined up and snap it.

Even if Jarren has the ability to audible there's literally no time at all to do it.

Knowing the weaknesses/strengths and scheming around them is what he is paid to do.. There were plenty of sacks this season because of slow developing plays. It's even more embarrassing when you listen to the announcers saying "If you've given up this many sacks earlier in the game why would you run this play action play with back-ups in the game"(See Duke) All I know is one thing ENOS HAS TO GO!!! I'm 100% sure any SFL high school powerhouse OC could put up better offensive numbers Enos did this season all things being equal SMGDH

Advertisement
And why are we so freaking slow getting the play to Williams?

We keep getting delay penalties and the corches act like it's Jarren fault. It isn't! Jarren usually doesn't get the play in and start the huddle until about 15 seconds left on the play clock. We stand around for 20 seconds waiting for the play and then scramble like we are in a 2 minute drill to get lined up and snap it.

Even if Jarren has the ability to audible there's literally no time at all to do it.

Because ENOS HAS TO GO

Manny dont wanna go spread cus he worried bout his defense gettin gassed. But he had enough players on defense to sub.
Are you phucking kidding me????? That has to be the most insanely stupid thing I've ever heard!!!!!! If this is true and it's Diaz that won't go spread uptempo because he's worried about the defense getting gassed the he may be the biggest imbecile to ever walk the earth. He won't run an offense that the players are suited for and have shown they can thrive in and score in bunches in because he's scared it may gas the defense but he's fine with running an antiquated slow garbage offense that goes 3 and out routinely and can barely score vs the likes of FIU and Puke?????

Then the apologists trot out their same tired schtick about how we can't spread it out because the OL is the worst yet it's ok for **** to call slow developing play action from under center and runs to the boundary behind that same garbage line? Somebody just nuke this program already.

@DemCanesByke This wasn't directed at you my man. I'm just unloading on our peewee staff.

Are you phucking kidding me????? That has to be the most insanely stupid thing I've ever heard!!!!!! If this is true and it's Diaz that won't go spread uptempo because he's worried about the defense getting gassed the he may be the biggest imbecile to ever walk the earth. He won't run an offense that the players are suited for and have shown they can thrive in and score in bunches in because he's scared it may gas the defense but he's fine with running an antiquated slow garbage offense that goes 3 and out routinely and can barely score vs the likes of FIU and Puke?????

Then the apologists trot out their same tired schtick about how we can't spread it out because the OL is the worst yet it's ok for **** to call slow developing play action from under center and runs to the boundary behind that same garbage line? Somebody just nuke this program already.

You don't have to run tempo from the spread. Florida is a perfect example of this.

Advertisement
Try using his scheme on NCAA 14 with updated rosters.....the only plays that work effectively are to TEs... there are audibles that create one on one matchups everywhere....the problem in real life is.... Enos doesn't know how to audible his own phuckin offense...

Or both. I go with both.

His offense is @ss. I call out every play to my buddy before the snap. If I can do it, coaches breaking down fill can. Everyone else is running Oculus while Enos playing Pong.

Worse than this, is Enos never changes the play himself.

If he doesn't trust the QB then let them line up and have the team look over for a play change. You can literally see the play is not going to work and he runs it anyway. This is why there is no excuse in the world for Enos. Either let the QB change the play or do it yourself.

This is one of many reasons why people who defend these guys or the OL are completely ignorant to this game.

Or both. I go with both.

Agreed. It is VERY unusual. **** even my HS team had audibles and we ******* sucked. You need the flexibility, I really think it has a lot to do with them trying to mature JW and he obviously isn't there yet. Kosi has shown he is much more mature and took enos teaching to heart it seems.

Regardless, this has been a colossal **** up.

Advertisement
I swear we go from an offense that doesn’t have motion to one that doesn’t use audibles fml. Can we just get our entire offense into the 21st century?

Worse than this, is Enos never changes the play himself.

If he doesn't trust the QB then let them line up and have the team look over for a play change. You can literally see the play is not going to work and he runs it anyway. This is why there is no excuse in the world for Enos. Either let the QB change the play or do it yourself.

This is one of many reasons why people who defend these guys or the OL are completely ignorant to this game.

This is also one reason I don’t think it makes sense for him to be in the sidelines - he can’t see things as well. It would seem easier to be in the box and radioing things down to someone to relay into the QB

Advertisement
The fact we couldnt audible to take advantage of literally 2 WRs being covered by 1 defender out wide on 4th and goal from the 1 is ******* appalling.

Then again, I don't think JW ever even saw it. We are an absolute trainwreck.

Why do we always have to be so late to the party? We JUST got pre-snap motion this yr, now we're waiting on audibles. Smh sad man.

Lol some of these players would turn on Sean McVay if they didn't get targeted 5+ times per game; nevermind the fact that when they do get the ball the probability of a drop is higher than a significant play being made. I am unhappy with the offensive production but I don't want to hear anything about these players being mad. Don't care.

If this is true there’s no way you can keep Enos. How can you keep a coordinator that the team thinks is a joke? For that we should’ve kept Richt.

Advertisement
Back