Even Less Tailgating Room by 2020

That’s unaffected - look at the illustrations in my post up there.

The area that is in question that is going to used is the yellow lot across the street that fronts University Drive. Inner lots are unaffected.
I'm referring to the tennis courts, If you don't have a suite, the entire south (home) side is gone. The green lot starts at the southeast corner and continues east and the blue lot actually starts further west and continues in that direction.

Advertisement
Where are you exiting? It takes me 5 to 10 minutes to exit at the longest, on even the most sold out games. Notre Dame I was out in five minutes.

A better question might be what area of town are you coming from and what area town are you trying to get to when you go to the stadium?
I leave on the turnpike north, I'll be fine this season and certainly hope to continue my current suite/parking. I actually had them switch me to Black North because last season, going around the stadium to 1A and across the crosswalks was bad. I guess I'm just being pessimistic but removing an entire premium lot and another yellow lot in the future, projects much more chaotic IMO.

I leave on the turnpike north, I'll be fine this season and certainly hope to continue my current suite/parking. I actually had them switch me to Black North because last season, going around the stadium to 1A and across the crosswalks was bad. I guess I'm just being pessimistic but removing an entire premium lot and another yellow lot in the future, projects much more chaotic IMO.

You were doing it all wrong.

If you’re coming from the north, to get to the stadium you take exit 2X and then go in the very first spot that you can turn in to, which is just right after the tollbooth. In and out real easy there. I can’t believe you driving all the way around

If you get out of the suites, switch to maroon. Or you have blue and orange as well.

I mean, they have to park the dolphins fans too. It’s going to be fine. Those yellow lots were never full anyways. Maybe during sellouts. Maybe. But you realize most season-ticket holder‘s park in the inner lots, and most season tickets holders, probably all season ticket holders, that have gotten parking passes in the past are going to be fine.

LOL - you must’ve not gone to many games at the Orange bowl. People wax poetic about the Orange bowl, but you talk about a mess of parking and traffic. That was major-league cluster fūck.

All the season-long parking passes sold out.

So, yes, there is a shortage for the primary tailgating (all non-yellow-lots). Probably still enough overall parking if they build a garage and/or extend MetroRail.

Would be dope as **** if Metrorail was extended down 27th all the way to Hard Rock Stadium.

Advertisement
Are the Dolphins still a football team? I remember some good times during the 37 years I had season's tickets. Saw a bit of them at Buffalo Wild Wings last year but I didn't choose what was on the TV. These days I care as much about the team as its management cares about the fans.

You were doing it all wrong.

If you’re coming from the north, to get to the stadium you take exit 2X and then go in the very first spot that you can turn in to, which is just right after the tollbooth. In and out real easy there. I can’t believe you driving all the way around

If you get out of the suites, switch to maroon. Or you have blue and orange as well.

I mean, they have to park the dolphins fans too. It’s going to be fine. Those yellow lots were never full anyways. Maybe during sellouts. Maybe. But you realize most season-ticket holder‘s park in the inner lots, and most season tickets holders, probably all season ticket holders, that have gotten parking passes in the past are going to be fine.

LOL - you must’ve not gone to many games at the Orange bowl. People wax poetic about the Orange bowl, but you talk about a mess of parking and traffic. That was major-league cluster fūck.
I meant leaving the stadium, they block the access to the turnpike north, that's the real problem. Only alternative was to drive around to the northeast corner through 1A. Coming in, we had a dedicated entrance.
And oh yes, many memories going to the OB. We had the lick though, parked in a Cuban guy's yard, right beside the bridge/overpass we needed to head home. Cost $20, was very close to the stadium and all we had to wait on was if anyone was parked in front of us.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes has done excellent work for months on this issue. The Dolphins and Canes should actually employ the guy as a resident "parking explainer/caller outer of people whining that also refuse to admit that they arrive 28 mins before kickoff".

Not the case. I've had season tickets/orange lot passes since they moved to Joe Robbie. This season, I was told via email that I would be able to order my parking pass starting on Thursday, July 26th. The Orange lot was sold out by Wednesday, July 25th. Now, I understand that I'm not in the top priority bracket for Hurricane Club donors but I do have four lower bowl seats on my account which keeps me out of the bottom priority bracket. There's at least a few thousand season ticket holders who never got a chance to buy Orange lot tickets. I believe they still had Maroon lot passes available at the time but I'm not a rich guy. That's a lot of money for me to spend on parking. I'm going in the yellow lot this year because that's my only option. I'd like to hope I can possibly get back into the orange lot next year but with the new training facility being built, I think there's going to be an even bigger parking squeeze.

Advertisement
On the East side what is the difference between the two orange lots and the blue that is in between them?

I always had blue but was in Europe when they went on sale and by the time I ordered I was only able to order Orange (which seems like literally the same parking I've had for years but at a lower cost).

That’s unaffected - look at the illustrations in my post up there.

The area that is in question that is going to used is the yellow lot across the street that fronts University Drive. Inner lots are unaffected.

yea, I walk by that lot and mostly it's busses and random equipment. There's no active tailgating in that section.

Advertisement
Back