Even Less Tailgating Room by 2020

grillincane

Recruit
Dolphin’s CEO Tom Garfinkel confirmed the Dolphins will be leaving Nova and moving the training facility to Miami Gardens, taking up even more of our precious tailgating spots.

Advertisement
I guess this makes no difference to Dolphins fans? What is the name of the multilevel "mall south of campus? The one that seems to be three of four stores stacked one upon the other, with each having a level in the parking garage. That's what they need a a parking garage,

I guess this makes no difference to Dolphins fans? What is the name of the multilevel "mall south of campus? The one that seems to be three of four stores stacked one upon the other, with each having a level in the parking garage. That's what they need a a parking garage,

Dadeland?

Advertisement
So they want us to pack the stadium, but keep removing parking . This doesn't make sense.It's almost as if they don't want people going to games.

Dolphins moving training facility from Davie to Miami Gardens

“The complex will be be located adjacent to Hard Rock Stadium, and facing University Drive. That land is currently used as a parking lot for Hard Rock Stadium, but Garfinkel said 2,000 parking spaces will remain after the new training facility is completed.”

Where is there a University Drive near the stadium?

My guess is they're going to build it on the east side of the stadium in the lot closest to the Turnpike.

My guess is they're going to build it on the east side of the stadium in the lot closest to the Turnpike.

It’s on the west side of the stadium where there is currently bus and rv parking in the yellow lot. I’d attach a picture but I don’t know how.

Advertisement
Help me out here--is there really any sort of tailgating/parking space shortage? I've never had that experience, but I usually arrive early.

NW 27th Drive becomes University in Broward.

West side of stadium. Yellow lot goes bye-bye.

Ahh gotcha...NW 27th Ave is also referred to as "University Drive" (by no one).

By everyone. In Broward. Stadium is a mile from Broward. It's a mistake, but it's understandable.

Advertisement
Help me out here--is there really any sort of tailgating/parking space shortage? I've never had that experience, but I usually arrive early.

All the season-long parking passes sold out.

So, yes, there is a shortage for the primary tailgating (all non-yellow-lots). Probably still enough overall parking if they build a garage and/or extend MetroRail.

DkBDR9iX0AEkmlR.jpg
DkBx_NiXsAEfj0f.jpg

Dadeland Station

Advertisement
Unbelievable, first they get rid of the prime lot for the home side and now this. They can claim there's enough all they want but it takes 30 plus minutes to get in and out and also find parking. I had the purple lot included with my suite (which is on the southeast corner) and every game except Bethune Cookman, I had to park all the way to the southwest corner. Not to mention only with this change, all lots sold out in 2-3 days. They better come up with an alternative or it's going to be a complete madhouse!

Getting to games early doesn't mean jack **** if you can't purchase a parking space.

Advertisement
Back