Evan Shirreffs!

Why? To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns the backup spot. With elite tutelage under Richt, kid could be a major surprise at this level.

Rosier didn't exactly flash anything last season when his number was called so he's not a sure thing for the backup spot, but could greatly improve under Richt.

I think you're basing your statement on the fact Shirreff didn't have great offers coming out of high school.

The odds are stacked against him, especially if Kaaya stays for his senior year. The two guys we are bringing in this year are superior prospects to him coming out and that's not even mentioning Jack allison, who I'm not extremely high on. If Kaaya stays for his senior year he'll be competing with at least 3 guys (assuming we sign Weldon and Perry) who could've went to a number of Power 5 schools. I'm just not ready to predict this kid being a starter based off of some practice quotes. How soon we forget that [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] claimed Kirby Freeman looked like a super star before the start of 2007 season.

People like you kill me. Ain't no **** true freshman coming in here and beating a RS sophmore or junior, especially if their not EE's. If we had good QBs when Kaaya got here, this would probably be his first year having a chance to play here. Yall dont realize how much tougher it is to be a college qb compared to a hs qb. This same thing is said every year. The newest guy is always the "best" or more talented than the upperclassmen that actually know how to read a playbook, pick up the scheme, and workout when no one is looking. Y'all play that ncaa college football 14 too much.

BS. Where have you been? Olsen was a RS and predicted to start before Kaaya came in and Kaaya beat the breaks off of him. No contest! Lots of young guys have come in and played as freshman. But they either have to be ready or there is no other guy but it can be done.

It's obvious you lack reading comprehension skills. I said if we had GOOD qbs when he got here, he wouldn't have played. No **** he was better than heaps, williams, and olsen. Thanks for proving my point.

Kaaya had perhaps the best HS QB video I had ever seen. I've seen quite a few.

Advertisement
It's obvious you lack reading comprehension skills. I said if we had GOOD qbs when he got here, he wouldn't have played. No **** he was better than heaps, williams, and olsen. Thanks for proving my point.

First off, quit running off at the mouth cause I buy those wolf tickets your selling... Secondly, QB's the caliber of Kaaya coming out of high school would have put a lot of average starting QB's on the bench. Rule of thumb, if a true freshman comes in and he is equal to or better than your starter play the freshman because he has a better upside. However, like we keep trying to tell you it all depends on the teams needs at that time.

Last edited:

First off, quit running off at the mouth cause I buy those wolf tickets your selling... Secondly, QB's coming out of high school would put a lot of average starting QB's on the bench. Rule of thumb, if a true freshman comes in and he is equal to or better than your starter play the freshman because he has a better upside. However, like we keep trying to tell you it all depends on the teams needs at that time.
Dude look at FSU. They have Sean Macquire who's their equivalent to Ryan Fitzpatrick but they have guys behind him with a bunch of talent but they Went with him when golson was out because he gets the job done no matter how flashy it looks the offense moves better with him and they have 2 guys that have WAY more talent with him. Same can be said with Blake Sims and Jacob Coker at Bama, that first year the offense moved better with Blake.

First off, quit running off at the mouth cause I buy those wolf tickets your selling... Secondly, QB's coming out of high school would put a lot of average starting QB's on the bench. Rule of thumb, if a true freshman comes in and he is equal to or better than your starter play the freshman because he has a better upside. However, like we keep trying to tell you it all depends on the teams needs at that time.
Dude look at FSU. They have Sean Macquire who's their equivalent to Ryan Fitzpatrick but they have guys behind him with a bunch of talent but they Went with him when golson was out because he gets the job done no matter how flashy it looks the offense moves better with him and they have 2 guys that have WAY more talent with him. Same can be said with Blake Sims and Jacob Coker at Bama, that first year the offense moved better with Blake.

Dont bother. That dude is a lost cause...

It is obvious that you two guys are arguing just to be arguing. So I will highlight this very point above for you. Apparently, these teams didn't feel that a change at QB was needed.

Advertisement

It is obvious that you two guys are arguing just to be arguing. So I will highlight this very point above for you. Apparently, these teams didn't feel that a change at QB was needed.

How was I arguing??

How was I arguing??

My bad Zbrod95, I'm use to you coming at me crazy.... But it is definitely directed towards Sunflower06.

Go watch the Louisville game again. Once I saw that this guy was going to be the quarterback for the season, I threw in the towel faster than Clive and the seniors did. This is college football, you can't lose any games. You can't waste seasons developing talent. Yeah, Golden sucked but he also able to go 9-4 with a senior in Stephen Morris. We play with a true freshman and we go 6-7. I guarantee 5th year Heaps and Williams would have won more and they would have kept morale higher.

Go watch the Louisville game again. Once I saw that this guy was going to be the quarterback for the season, I threw in the towel faster than Clive and the seniors did. This is college football, you can't lose any games. You can't waste seasons developing talent. Yeah, Golden sucked but he also able to go 9-4 with a senior in Stephen Morris. We play with a true freshman and we go 6-7. I guarantee 5th year Heaps and Williams would have won more and they would have kept morale higher.

SMH

Advertisement

SMH

Yo, did he just say that? Oh my, I swear we need to cut a few fans....

This has to go down as the dumb post of the year so far as the Louisville game was 1st start on the road and there was marked improvement as the year went on.

This has to go down as the dumb post of the year so far as the Louisville game was 1st start on the road and there was marked improvement as the year went on.
Yea there was improvement but would Ryan Williams have made Improvement through out the season as well? We will never know however i tend to agree that if Ryan Williams starts this team wins more games and i think we beat Louisville. That team had the talent to win 9 games and ryan was receiving pretty good reviews up until the injury. He knew the offense and had college experience at Memphis (which he was conference USA freshman all American) and backup duties here. Heaps i dont think had a chance.

Yea there was improvement but would Ryan Williams have made Improvement through out the season as well? We will never know however i tend to agree that if Ryan Williams starts this team wins more games and i think we beat Louisville. That team had the talent to win 9 games and ryan was receiving pretty good reviews up until the injury. He knew the offense and had college experience at Memphis (which he was conference USA freshman all American) and backup duties here. Heaps i dont think had a chance.

I agree. Golden screwed over RW to get Freshman Sympathy! You know, "I was forced to start a freshman QB"

Advertisement

I agree. Golden screwed over RW to get Freshman Sympathy! You know, "I was forced to start a freshman QB"

If Williams was that good then he should have been able to reclaim the starting job after he returned from injury. You can't control injury but if an injured guy is better then he should beat out who ever steps in to take his place.

If Williams was that good then he should have been able to reclaim the starting job after he returned from injury. You can't control injury but if an injured guy is better then he should beat out who ever steps in to take his place.
I agree and i also don't know what went on in the coaches meetings either but we do know a lot of those meetings were very counter productive to this teams success. So its not so very off that the poster above you might be on to something.

I agree and i also don't know what went on in the coaches meetings either but we do know a lot of those meetings were very counter productive to this teams success. So its not so very off that the poster above you might be on to something.

I think Williams was a good QB but Kaaya was already on his level coming in as a True Freshman. With that being said, everyone knew we needed to find a solid QB after Morris left so there is no surprise that they went with the Freshman because he had a higher upside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back