Evan Neal will be on campus tommorrow

Advertisement
Apparently, Sanders wouldnt be able to qualify at Miami according to ivins.

Then he can't qualify anywhere. Our admissions department CAN allow anyone in they want to per the same NCAA minimums that any school in the country can willingly use.

If he can't qualify anywhere, you stay on him and when he is ready down tgr road, hopefully he remembers that. Either way, that's bs by Ivins.

How did the Neal visit go?

Then he can't qualify anywhere. Our admissions department CAN allow anyone in they want to per the same NCAA minimums that any school in the country can willingly use.

If he can't qualify anywhere, you stay on him and when he is ready down tgr road, hopefully he remembers that. Either way, that's bs by Ivins.

Maybe he can't get into Miami academically maybe nothing to do with the NCAA.

Alabama doesn't have Academic Standards.

Sometimes I feel 60% of the kids that don't sign with Miami are the ones who can't get into Miami. It's 1 of the reasons why you dont see many "Southern Kids" at Miami(Yes I know Miami is the South but you know what I mean)

In my opinion an Elite Private School kid from South Florida shouldn't play for some low academic Public School from the SEC.

Richt needs to recruit at Miami like Carroll did at USC minus the bags.

Sometimes I feel 60% of the kids that don't sign with Miami are the ones who can't get into Miami. It's 1 of the reasons why you dont see many "Southern Kids" at Miami(Yes I know Miami is the South but you know what I mean)

In my opinion an Elite Private School kid from South Florida shouldn't play for some low academic Public School from the SEC.

No offense, but you really don't have a clue.

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear about the supposed "local pressure" you mentioned regarding why Dunmore got an offer. This should be good.

Advertisement
Wait all you want, obviously context clues is hard for you.

Nice try, but you said something stupid as **** and got called on it.

Richt doesn't offer based on the wants and desires of some high school coach. Neither him, nor his staff, is going to be pressured into offering someone and the fact that you think that shows how out of touch with reality you are. The ball is in our court and always will be, same with every power conference school.

Your other post in this thread shows your lack of anything to do with admissions herr and elsewhere.

FWIW - mods on two different sites have said they reached out to Evan Neal about the visit. Ivins said he heard it went well - but they always seem to go well. Neal isn't a kid who likes to give out info through interviews. I remember reading that he isn't one of those kids who seems to enjoy the recruiting process. Maybe he just doesn't feel like re-hashing it all with other people.

Advertisement
Visit went well. Might be a Miami bama vattle and not a big 3 one
Go to Bama and get a **** education and very few meaningful snaps for the 1st two years or go to the U and challenge for a starting spot from the get go. Should not be much of a decision.

That's not exactly true . . . you MUST pass the third grade - no matter how many years it takes.

Advertisement

Yes, there are NCAA minimal qualifying rules, but then each insitution can institute their own standards. It’s why you need a 1200 SAT to go to Stanford even on an athletic
scholarship.
At a school like Miami, it might not be as strict as Stanford, but they create their own standards which are more stringent than a number of other schools. They obviously try not to deviate too much from their standards if possible. “Bend don’t break” regarding minimal standards. Perhaps that player would fall under “break” in Miami’s eyes.

Yes, there are NCAA minimal qualifying rules, but then each insitution can institute their own standards. It’s why you need a 1200 SAT to go to Stanford even on an athletic
scholarship.
At a school like Miami, it might not be as strict as Stanford, but they create their own standards which are more stringent than a number of other schools. They obviously try not to deviate too much from their standards if possible. “Bend don’t break” regarding minimal standards. Perhaps that player would fall under “break” in Miami’s eyes.

I remember back when I went to UM in the mid 2000's that Miami did NOT using a sliding scale for admissions. Some Universities will allow different scores or GPAs if one higher the other can be slightly lower. Miami you needed to have both in line. May have changed.

Advertisement
I remember back when I went to UM in the mid 2000's that Miami did NOT using a sliding scale for admissions. Some Universities will allow different scores or GPAs if one higher the other can be slightly lower. Miami you needed to have both in line. May have changed.

That's true, but times have changed. They will go to bat for anyone they believe in and the admissions staff has been far morr lenient in recent years. There's a reason everyone is getting in these days as opposed to the two or three that wouldn't under Coker and early on with Shannon.

Our guys aren't getting in anywhere near where a regular student is. We also aren't anywhere near schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and to some degree the Domers, Duke, etc who used to be rather selective but have seen the light as well.

Should Sanders suit up somewhere next year, I haven't heard anything elsewhere that it'll be an issue (besides the Ivins piece which I would bet is a fabricated excuse) for him to gain admission somewhere. That'll be on us as we could get him in.

Sure he can. Just because you don't qualify doesn't mean you can't qualify elsewhere.

Sure he can. Just because you don't qualify doesn't mean you can't qualify elsewhere.

Every D1 recruit has to only meet the standards set forth by the NCAA. The vast majority of schools use those standards for admission as a low for their most academically troubled recruits. Anyone below it, they are out of luck. So if he gets in somewhere, he could get in here. That is an undeniable fact.

Advertisement
Back