Evan Neal will be on campus tommorrow

Bama wants Wright. He is at the top of their want list. It's all over their boards.

He should be on ours as well. We gotta make trenches a priority on both side. Nothing is more important than protecting the QB while opening up lanes, and attacking the QB while stopping the run.

I like Sanders; actually love him and his upside, BUT Neal and Wright are an absolute must.

Bama have been so good b/c of the trenches. When we dominated, it was the trenches. We need those two.

Advertisement
Visit went well. Might be a Miami bama vattle and not a big 3 one
Ivins said it went well. He said bama already had 3 oline commits and bama wants Wright. Said that MAY make it a fsu, uf, Miami battle with Miami in the lead.

"As for who might be UM's biggest competition right now, the school we keep hearing is Alabama although it should be noted that the Crimson Tide already have three offensive linemen committed this cycle and are chasing after guys like Darnell Wright and Clay Webb. That means Miami might just have to battle Florida and Florida State for Neal down the stretch."

Per Ivans.

Would love for Neal to commit and shut it down and be an ambassador for this class but this is unlikely

Advertisement
Every D1 recruit has to only meet the standards set forth by the NCAA. The vast majority of schools use those standards for admission as a low for their most academically troubled recruits. Anyone below it, they are out of luck. So if he gets in somewhere, he could get in here. That is an undeniable fact.

Not disagreeing with you. The point is the acceptance bar at Miami is not as low as in other schools.

Every D1 recruit has to only meet the standards set forth by the NCAA. The vast majority of schools use those standards for admission as a low for their most academically troubled recruits. Anyone below it, they are out of luck. So if he gets in somewhere, he could get in here. That is an undeniable fact.

You are missing the point.

I see Wright going to UT or VT before Bama

People's want to be able to go to every game.

What helps Miami is you can get round trip tickets from Huntington or Charleston to Fort Lauderdale for under $80. Also it's the dream school.

He doesnt go to Alabama unless heavy bags was dropped.

You are missing the point.

What's the point? We do now allow recruits in with the allowable minimum. Three or four classes in a row, everyone gets in, that isn't by accident. That hasn't happened ever since I followed recruiting which is going on just under 20 years.

You have once again shown you're just popping off at the mouth and have nothing to back it up with. Still awaiting who pressured our staff to offer Dunmore.

Advertisement
What's the point? We do now allow recruits in with the allowable minimum. Three or four classes in a row, everyone gets in, that isn't by accident. That hasn't happened ever since I followed recruiting which is going on just under 20 years.

You have once again shown you're just popping off at the mouth and have nothing to back it up with. Still awaiting who pressured our staff to offer Dunmore.

Listen here you dumb **** when it comes to Miami Richt looks at 3 things before a kid gets an offer.

1. Talent - Does this kid have the talent to win us a Championship

2. Grades - Does the kid have the grades to not only pass NCAA and ACC eligibility but also GAIN ADMITTANCE INTO THE UNIVERSITY

3. Character - What kind of Character does the kid have outside of Football.

All 3 boxes need to be checked off before an offer is even sent out.

The 2 prospects we fought for academically was Mullins and Ford. That is it. We would have fought for Jobe but we all know how that went.

At the end of the day Miami is a Top 50 Academic Institution with Academic Standards. Just because you are NCAA eligible doesnt mean Admissions will accept you.

Like I said before its clear you miss the point.

He should be on ours as well. We gotta make trenches a priority on both side. Nothing is more important than protecting the QB while opening up lanes, and attacking the QB while stopping the run.

I like Sanders; actually love him and his upside, BUT Neal and Wright are an absolute must.

Bama have been so good b/c of the trenches. When we dominated, it was the trenches. We need those two.

They get Sanders and we get Neal & Wright everybody’s happy 😁

A university of Miami scholarship isn't cheap and they arent going to waste time on a kid with low grades

Advertisement
Listen here you dumb **** when it comes to Miami Richt looks at 3 things before a kid gets an offer.

1. Talent - Does this kid have the talent to win us a Championship

2. Grades - Does the kid have the grades to not only pass NCAA and ACC eligibility but also GAIN ADMITTANCE INTO THE UNIVERSITY

3. Character - What kind of Character does the kid have outside of Football.

All 3 boxes need to be checked off before an offer is even sent out.

The 2 prospects we fought for academically was Mullins and Ford. That is it. We would have fought for Jobe but we all know how that went.

At the end of the day Miami is a Top 50 Academic Institution with Academic Standards. Just because you are NCAA eligible doesnt mean Admissions will accept you.

Like I said before its clear you miss the point.

Every time you open your mouth, something stupid comes out of it.

1. We've got a real life Sherlock Holmes here. Enlightening for sure. Everyone does this, wow!

2. There is no ACC eligibility. There is only what the NCAA has established for eligibility. Aa coaches aren't allowed to comment on recruits, everything about grades is merely speculation on whomever's part.

Coaches, I know this for a fact, get transcripts and testing scores (a lot of the time a recruit hasn't even taken the SAT or ACT) when they're available. That comes after they have already started recruiting said individual genius.

3. As I said, regular super sleigh here. Again nothing unique whatsoever.

There have been others I'm sure. Therr have been borderline recruits as well. If someone has the bare minimum or close to it, the coaches will do their best to get them into school.

Miami being a top 50 institution means Jack crap with regards to admissions with regards to student athletes. The football team wouldn't qualify (by amd large) for basically any college on academics alone and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Still dodging your stupid *** comment about Dugans being pressured into offering Dunmore I see. I'm done with you and your stupidity which is some next level stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back