ESPN too early 2022 Top 25 Miami starts.....

Advertisement
Yah, I said it. What do we actually need to do to make the playoffs?

Beat Clemson. TAMU is just a bonus, but would put us on the radar. We basically have to beat 1 team. The other conference games should be a lock if we're legit. If we lose to an inferior team, then we simply aren't ready for that next step. I think we are. It's time for us to own the Coastal the way Clemson had owned the Atlantic for several years. It's time for us to separate ourselves from the pack.
Wait you’re saying to make the playoffs we need to beat A&M and Clemson?

Hang on let me process all of this information this is a lot to take in

It's just 2 games that are both winnable. It's the easiest path to thr CFP. All the other games should be a lock if we're for real.

We beat a very good Pitt team at their place with Manny's bad defense against a 1st round NFL QB. Nothing TAMU or Clemson has on offense scares me. Our offense should be great. The defense needs to improve for us to go from good to great.
Yeaahhhh...see the thing is we do this every year. Every single offseason is full of what the schedule looks like on paper as if that means anything. There hasn't been a single year since 2001 that we haven't dropped a game against an opponent we should have beaten, and no amount of Mario is likely to change that this season. It's just too soon. Add to that the fact that both A&M and Clemson are stronger teams than us. I'm sure you'll tell me about what a terrible year Clemson had and how much talent we have, but don't fool yourself. Their terrible year would be our second-best in the last 15, and we have holes all over the field. Yes Mario is working to fill those holes, but again it's too soon.

This isn't about being scared or a beta or any of that stupid sh*t, it's about facts. And the fact is that we'll be underdogs in both games you mentioned, and rightly so. Even if we win one of them, we'll lose at least one of the games you think we should breeze through. These are facts.

I encourage you to screenshot this post and show it to me next December.

This fan base needs to wake up and realize we’re a perennial 8-4 until proven otherwise. Everyone in the country understands this minus our own fans. This team has gaping holes all over the field. 9 wins would be a success in year 1. Especially if it’s the dreaded bowl win Miami has done twice in 20 years
And this is why we can't be happy with anything. It's not enough to make the playoff, even though we've never been close before. No, we have to do it in year one, or else we've failed. And if you point this out, you're just a p*ssy. Any loss is beneath our dignity and ruins the undefeated record we so clearly deserve.

Advertisement
And this is why we can't be happy with anything. It's not enough to make the playoff, even though we've never been close before. No, we have to do it in year one, or else we've failed. And if you point this out, you're just a p*ssy. Any loss is beneath our dignity and ruins the undefeated record we so clearly deserve.
How about the cis brigade making fun of the coaches in the title game last night! Brilliant!

This fan base needs to wake up and realize we’re a perennial 8-4 until proven otherwise. Everyone in the country understands this minus our own fans. This team has gaping holes all over the field. 9 wins would be a success in year 1. Especially if it’s the dreaded bowl win Miami has done twice in 20 years
Watching that game last night, you realize that we are so far behind those teams it's not even funny. Mario needs to have 3-4 years of great recruiting and developing talent for us to be truly relevant again.

Till we break the chain of mediocrity we will get mediocrity in return.

This is what Mario is here for and he’s moving forward in this break .

Mario I’m sure doesn’t give a HOOT how we’re ranked he knows this is a hero to zero business.

You have to shove it in and snap it off flush with no remorse, just win and force your claim.

This how everything is TAKE IT and RUN IT UP and leave the field FULL from feeding.

This is our attitude moving forward 🙌

GOCANES

Watching that game last night, you realize that we are so far behind those teams it's not even funny. Mario needs to have 3-4 years of great recruiting and developing talent for us to be truly relevant again.
I will go on record and scream from the mountain tops to tell this fan base we will never get to that level again of those two teams on display last night. A #3 or #4 seed playoff berth in my lifetime? Sure. But to be as physically gifted as both of those teams were with unlimited resources and the governing organization turning a blind eye to EVERYTHING they do will never happen in any one’s lifetime on this board. The playing field isn’t equal and we should be ecstatic for just getting to respectful level again. Mario can surely do that. Let’s get some acc ships and take it from there.

Advertisement
The goal for next year is pretty simple: 9-3. Anything above that is exceeding expectations. Recall, Miami has only won nine games or better 4 times in the last 12 years (2009, 2013, 2016, and 2017). We’ve had 1 double digit win season in the past 16 years (2017).

We have pieces in place that are vital for success (for example, TVD at QB). We’re not, however, close to good, let alone elite. This is going to take time and a few seasons. If Mario went 9-3 the next two regular seasons and won bowl games both years, we’d be sitting at 20-6 over his first two seasons. That would be a massive success considering our recent history, and a solid foundation for the future. Stack talent & start consistently winning. That’s how we get to the CFP.

The play in the trenches did two things: (1) remind this old man how we used to look and play; and (2) serve as a reminder that we look and play like a JV squad comparatively at the moment. Here’s hoping Mario’s recruiting acumen and focus on the trenches pays dividends sooner rather than later.

I will go on record and scream from the mountain tops to tell this fan base we will never get to that level again of those two teams on display last night. A #3 or #4 seed playoff berth in my lifetime? Sure. But to be as physically gifted as both of those teams were with unlimited resources and the governing organization turning a blind eye to EVERYTHING they do will never happen in any one’s lifetime on this board. The playing field isn’t equal and we should be ecstatic for just getting to respectful level again. Mario can surely do that. Let’s get some acc ships and take it from there.
We are a long way from Bama and Georgia, however look how Clemson came back to earth so quickly. If Mario can build and make us truly relevant, the gap won't be so far apart.

With a few things cleaned up, we could have played with Michigan and Cincinnati this year, so I think we are closer to the playoffs talent wise than many would think. We would get the doors blown off of us just like they did in those semi final games though.

Way to early to make predictions. OL needs to improve drastically. Defense has numerous areas of concern. Yes we have some very good skill players on offense but they will be limited on what they can accomplish until the team gets fixed. 9 wins and a coastal title probably our ceiling this year. Go ahead and call me a mope. Been called that for 3 years anyway. Yes I like Mario but do not expect miracles this season. Yes I expect to see improvement over last year and more in following seasons.

Advertisement
QB-TVD/Garcia
RB-Chaney/Knighton/Franklin
TE-Mallory/Arroyo
WR-Smith/Brinson
WR-Restrepo/Smith
WR-George/Portal
OL-Nelson
OL-Rivers
OL-Clark
OL-Scaife/Campbell/Justice O.
OL-Justice O./Campbell/Scaife

DE-Harvey/Chantz/Ishmael/Moss
DL-Taylor/Haye/Portal
DL-Harrison-Hunte/Miller
DL-Litchneztein/Roberts/Kelly
LB-Chase Smith/Steed
LB-Keontra Smith/Flagg
Hybrid-James Williams
CB-Tyrique
CB-portal
S-Kam
S-Avantae

@Texas A&M
@Clemson
Pittsburgh

3 toughest games.

I can see 9-3 maybe 8-4 if we take on some injuries especially to defense

Last edited:
TVD is going to make up for a lot of our deficiencies. That being said I believe 8-4 or 9-3 is most likely. The Coastal should be very attainable especially with UNC and Pitt starting new QBs, VT, UVA, and Duke with new HCs, and GT just being GT.

These early preseason rankings are worthless..rosters aren't even close to fully formed yet. Between the portal and NSD, we could add as many as 15 new guys to the roster by summer. That's nearly 20% of our roster.
Agreed. With the portal, coaching hires, and just plain time to forget the negatives and remember TVD's production, the AP writers will do what they do on a yearly basis and place Miami in the 15-20 position in the preseason rankings. Hopefully Miami earns the right to stay there or move up this time.

Advertisement
We need to beat TAMU. We'll get some street cred and confidence heading into the showdown at Clemson. If we were to win both of those games, we'd wind up in the top 5 granted we don't stumble against the ACC teams we're favored against.

Our offense can match or beat any team on our schedule. We need the defense to play much better in all categories especially points per game and rushing yards allowed. If we get our offensive line to run block better (I expect Mirabal will), then the offense will be unstoppable.

2022 could be a season like Michigan's 2021 season. Unranked to CFP. Slayed the dragon in their nemesis Ohio State and made the CFP.

We just need to win the games we're supposed to win and then ball out against TAMU and Clemson. I'm more concerned about TAMU in 2023 than I am next year as their monster 2022 recruiting class will be pups next year and dogs in 2023.

The path to the 2022 CFP is doable.
Too soon my brother, too soon...

We are a long way from Bama and Georgia, however look how Clemson came back to earth so quickly. If Mario can build and make us truly relevant, the gap won't be so far apart.

With a few things cleaned up, we could have played with Michigan and Cincinnati this year, so I think we are closer to the playoffs talent wise than many would think. We would get the doors blown off of us just like they did in those semi final games though.
I agree

College football in general has very distinct tiers for sure but that top tier is really only a couple of teams

Remember this was Bamas “down” year according to everyone here and they walked all over us like it was a scrimmage

We have a relatively easy path to a good record every year based on our conference but we would be in a paper champion mode

Yeaahhhh...see the thing is we do this every year. Every single offseason is full of what the schedule looks like on paper as if that means anything. There hasn't been a single year since 2001 that we haven't dropped a game against an opponent we should have beaten, and no amount of Mario is likely to change that this season. It's just too soon. Add to that the fact that both A&M and Clemson are stronger teams than us. I'm sure you'll tell me about what a terrible year Clemson had and how much talent we have, but don't fool yourself. Their terrible year would be our second-best in the last 15, and we have holes all over the field. Yes Mario is working to fill those holes, but again it's too soon.

This isn't about being scared or a beta or any of that stupid sh*t, it's about facts. And the fact is that we'll be underdogs in both games you mentioned, and rightly so. Even if we win one of them, we'll lose at least one of the games you think we should breeze through. These are facts.

I encourage you to screenshot this post and show it to me next December.
The fact is 2022 is a new season and the team should be much better than last year with more experienced players, better coaching, and a culture change.

I could care less about your history lesson of us in the ACC. Everyone knows it by heart. The team needs to perform to its talent level. Doing less than that is unacceptable and that's why Diaz was fired. You can have low expectations if you want to. I'm not built that way.

Our QB is better than what TAMU and Clemson has. TVD is probably the best QB in the ACC for 2022 and one of the best in the country. As poorly as our team was at times especially on defense, it was a missed field goal, a goal line interception, and a 4th & 14 from being 8-0 in the ACC. The division is weak and 2022 will be even weaker. The team needs to handle its business. The excuses need to end.

I don't see either Clemson or TAMU as better than us. Clemson went 10-3 which could have easily been an 9-4 or 8-5 season. TAMU was 8-4.

My point is nether of those teams are unbeatable.

Frankly we should dominate the Coastal. We haven't, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't. That doesn't mean I or anyone else shouldn't have that expectation either. The expectation should match the talent. We have superior talent. It's up to the coaches to get all of that talent out of the players.

Advertisement
Back