ESPN too early 2022 Top 25 Miami starts.....

QB-TVD/Garcia
RB-Chaney/Knighton/Franklin
TE-Mallory/Arroyo
WR-Smith/Brinson
WR-Restrepo/Smith
WR-George/Portal
OL-Nelson
OL-Rivers
OL-Clark
OL-Scaife/Campbell/Justice O.
OL-Justice O./Campbell/Scaife

DE-Harvey/Chantz/Ishmael/Moss
DL-Taylor/Haye/Portal
DL-Harrison-Hunte/Miller
DL-Litchneztein/Roberts/Kelly
LB-Chase Smith/Steed
LB-Keontra Smith/Flagg
Hybrid-James Williams
CB-Tyrique
CB-portal
S-Kam
S-Avantae

@Texas A&M
@Clemson
Pittsburgh

3 toughest games.

I can see 9-3 maybe 8-4 if we take on some injuries especially to defense
Pitt? really?

Advertisement
Surprising to me. One of the best QBs in the country returning and a much improved coaching staff and not in the top 25? Not a big deal, but I didn’t see that coming.

Too soon my brother, too soon...
No. It's just funny to me that a lot of people think we need to have a CFP championship roster in order to win. Yes, to win a CFP, but not to win the Coastal or even the ACC. People are so accustomed to barely winning with superior talent.

Meanwhile, teams like Iowa State and Iowa compete year in and year out with 3-star teams with recruiting ranked in the 30s-40s.

I'm just expecting the team to play at its talent level. I'm not asking the them to play above it or wait 2-3 recruiting cycles for top 5 classes to build in order to beat sub par teams.

There's enough talent on the roster right now to beat every Coastal team and the division is even weaker with Pickett and Howell moving on to the NFL.

Again, coaching needs to get our guys playing to their ability. My expectations won't change even if they don't.

Advertisement
Good. We are a bad football team, and all players and coaches must be operating from a mindset that we are awful and must be perfect in order to succeed.

Last edited:
The fact is 2022 is a new season and the team should be much better than last year with more experienced players, better coaching, and a culture change.

I could care less about your history lesson of us in the ACC. Everyone knows it by heart. The team needs to perform to its talent level. Doing less than that is unacceptable and that's why Diaz was fired. You can have low expectations if you want to. I'm not built that way.

Our QB is better than what TAMU and Clemson has. TVD is probably the best QB in the ACC for 2022 and one of the best in the country. As poorly as our team was at times especially on defense, it was a missed field goal, a goal line interception, and a 4th & 14 from being 8-0 in the ACC. The division is weak and 2022 will be even weaker. The team needs to handle its business. The excuses need to end.

I don't see either Clemson or TAMU as better than us. Clemson went 10-3 which could have easily been an 9-4 or 8-5 season. TAMU was 8-4.

My point is nether of those teams are unbeatable.

Frankly we should dominate the Coastal. We haven't, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't. That doesn't mean I or anyone else shouldn't have that expectation either. The expectation should match the talent. We have superior talent. It's up to the coaches to get all of that talent out of the players.

TrumpyCanr knows we have a great chance to beat A$M

We have by far the better QB and Jimbo’s extinct offense will keep us in the game

Advertisement
Surprising to me. One of the best QBs in the country returning and a much improved coaching staff and not in the top 25? Not a big deal, but I didn’t see that coming.
Surprising, but it doesn't matter. If we beat TAMU , we'll jump into the top 15. If we were ranked and lost to them, then we'd be out of the rankings anyway.

I just want the team to improve and play to its capabilities. Everything else will take care of itself.

This fan base needs to wake up and realize we’re a perennial 8-4 until proven otherwise. Everyone in the country understands this minus our own fans. This team has gaping holes all over the field. 9 wins would be a success in year 1. Especially if it’s the dreaded bowl win Miami has done twice in 20 years
Don't understand why some fans don't see this. Everyone else knows including our new HC but we don't know any better so Mario doesn't know what he's doing. The way our roster is any game can be a loss. Guys saying acc title or bust only keep track of UM recruiting and over hype our guys like we got first rounders everywhere. Who's honestly without a doubt a first rounder on the roster.....like u can bet your entire account on someone being a first round pick. Maybe LT maybe JW maybe TVD....that's only three off the top of my head. That won't get it done.

TrumpyCanr knows we have a great chance to beat A$M

We have by far the better QB and Jimbo’s extinct offense will keep us in the game
We just need to play to our capabilities. That's my expectation every year. It doesn't change.

With a supervisor QB, talent at the skilled positions, and a lot of returning players with experience, our ceiling should be very high.

There isn't any team on our schedule that we can't beat.

The team has no holes on offense IMO and some ok depth. Special teams should also be good. The defense obviously has some real question marks. On paper this is our best team in many years solely because the offense is the best on paper in 15 years. Can they prop up the defense to compete at a high level? That is the question.

Advertisement
Don't understand why some fans don't see this. Everyone else knows including our new HC but we don't know any better so Mario doesn't know what he's doing. The way our roster is any game can be a loss. Guys saying acc title or bust only keep track of UM recruiting and over hype our guys like we got first rounders everywhere. Who's honestly without a doubt a first rounder on the roster.....like u can bet your entire account on someone being a first round pick. Maybe LT maybe JW maybe TVD....that's only three off the top of my head. That won't get it done.
It's not a matter of what this program has been. We all know our history. The output has not matched the talent level. That needs to change.

Did Harbaugh beat Ohio State and win the Big Ten with a bunch of new recruits and/or transfer portal players after winning only 2 games in 2020? No. They were not happy with last season and dedicated themselves to improving and being a tougher, stronger, more physical team.

It only requires effort and a change of attitude.

This fan base needs to wake up and realize we’re a perennial 8-4 until proven otherwise. Everyone in the country understands this minus our own fans. This team has gaping holes all over the field. 9 wins would be a success in year 1. Especially if it’s the dreaded bowl win Miami has done twice in 20 years
Unless we get some stud LB, DL, and CB portal help, we're hoping for 9 wins.

Advertisement
Just because the team has been an 8-4 team doesn't mean it has to be and doesn't make fans delusional. Not being ranked is fair. What I and other fans expect is for the team to play to its talent. We expected it in 2021. We expected a 10-2 season. Diaz got fired because he didn't meet expectations.

People have become so accustomed to underachieving. It's like the expectations have been lowered so people aren't disappointed. I'm not having that and it makes me disappointed just about every year because the team doesn't play to its capabilities. That's coaching and culture.

Interesting how USC is in it even though they were a complete disaster and don’t have a QB, yet Miami isn’t mentioned.

You have to admire ESPN for being consistent.

This one stood out among a few pretty dumb ones.

No. It's just funny to me that a lot of people think we need to have a CFP championship roster in order to win. Yes, to win a CFP, but not to win the Coastal or even the ACC. People are so accustomed to barely winning with superior talent.

Meanwhile, teams like Iowa State and Iowa compete year in and year out with 3-star teams with recruiting ranked in the 30s-40s.

I'm just expecting the team to play at its talent level. I'm not asking the them to play above it or wait 2-3 recruiting cycles for top 5 classes to build in order to beat sub par teams.

There's enough talent on the roster right now to beat every Coastal team and the division is even weaker with Pickett and Howell moving on to the NFL.

Again, coaching needs to get our guys playing to their ability. My expectations won't change even if they don't.
I agree with the acc, heck, should've won it this year. I think at a minimum we should be in the championship game for the ACC.

Advertisement
Back