ESPN too early 2022 Top 25 Miami starts.....

Advertisement
I've seen this someplace before.....let me think....oh yeah

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.55.02 PM.png

We need to beat TAMU. We'll get some street cred and confidence heading into the showdown at Clemson. If we were to win both of those games, we'd wind up in the top 5 granted we don't stumble against the ACC teams we're favored against.

Our offense can match or beat any team on our schedule. We need the defense to play much better in all categories especially points per game and rushing yards allowed. If we get our offensive line to run block better (I expect Mirabal will), then the offense will be unstoppable.

2022 could be a season like Michigan's 2021 season. Unranked to CFP. Slayed the dragon in their nemesis Ohio State and made the CFP.

We just need to win the games we're supposed to win and then ball out against TAMU and Clemson. I'm more concerned about TAMU in 2023 than I am next year as their monster 2022 recruiting class will be pups next year and dogs in 2023.

The path to the 2022 CFP is doable.

Advertisement
We need to beat TAMU. We'll get some street cred and confidence heading into the showdown at Clemson. If we were to win both of those games, we'd wind up in the top 5 granted we don't stumble against the ACC teams we're favored against.

Our offense can match or beat any team on our schedule. We need the defense to play much better in all categories especially points per game and rushing yards allowed. If we get our offensive line to run block better (I expect Mirabal will), then the offense will be unstoppable.

2022 could be a season like Michigan's 2021 season. Unranked to CFP. Slayed the dragon in their nemesis Ohio State and made the CFP.

We just need to win the games we're supposed to win and then ball out against TAMU and Clemson. I'm more concerned about TAMU in 2023 than I am next year as their monster 2022 recruiting class will be pups next year and dogs in 2023.

The path to the 2022 CFP is doable.
Oh that’s all?

Advertisement
Oh that’s all?
It's just 2 games that are both winnable. It's the easiest path to thr CFP. All the other games should be a lock if we're for real.

We beat a very good Pitt team at their place with Manny's bad defense against a 1st round NFL QB. Nothing TAMU or Clemson has on offense scares me. Our offense should be great. The defense needs to improve for us to go from good to great.

The article stated though Schumann is expected to share DC duties with Muschamp at Georgia next year.

Advertisement
We’re talking about playoffs?
Yah, I said it. What do we actually need to do to make the playoffs?

Beat Clemson. TAMU is just a bonus, but would put us on the radar. We basically have to beat 1 team. The other conference games should be a lock if we're legit. If we lose to an inferior team, then we simply aren't ready for that next step. I think we are. It's time for us to own the Coastal the way Clemson had owned the Atlantic for several years. It's time for us to separate ourselves from the pack.

These ranking are not very indicative yet. With the Portal plenty of teams can transform their roster.

Advertisement
Interesting to see NC State at #8. Would love to see them keep Clemson out of the ACCCG.

Also, MSU at #10 is laughable. They’ll be in for a huge regression next year

Last edited:
This fan base needs to wake up and realize we’re a perennial 8-4 until proven otherwise. Everyone in the country understands this minus our own fans. This team has gaping holes all over the field. 9 wins would be a success in year 1. Especially if it’s the dreaded bowl win Miami has done twice in 20 years

Advertisement
Back