Espn on perry and mobile qbs

Advertisement
He certainly can extend plays and I like the low interception numbers, but I don't see reading through his progression very many times in his film. Seems to just rely on his mobility to make a play. All that is good, but cant be relied on at this level. I hope he excels for the teams sake. Dont think Rosier is the answer.

High school kids don't do a whole lot of reading

Ill give you that one!! But 20 rushing TD's isn't standing there with your feet cemented in place either!!

I am NOT a Kaaya hater..(he was our QB, and did what he could, with the coaching he had to learn from) but he averaged over -100yds rushing per season.

Now....how does that 3 yard per carry sound again??

Advertisement
He will get murdered if he runs in college. This kid doesn't have the size that Tebow, Newton or Prescott has.

Lamar Jackson was 200 pounds or less and ran physical af for a qb last year..

He didn't choose to run a lot but when he did he showed that he can and is pretty elusive when running

Stoped reading as soon as the writer mentioned a comparison to Lamar Jackson.

They're not similar players at all. Jackson is a dynamic scrambler in the mold of Michael Vick. Perry is a mobile QB who uses his legs to extend the play while keeping his eyes downfield--similar to Teddy Bridgewater.

His rushing stats are meaningless because he's not a scrambling QB. But if you watch his highlights you can clearly see he has the ability to avoid pressure, extend plays with his legs and pick up a few first downs with his legs when needed.

I stopped reading when they got his weight wrong

Advertisement
He will get murdered if he runs in college. This kid doesn't have the size that Tebow, Newton or Prescott has.

Isn't he round 190? Someone said 204, he'll hold up fine

No, he is nowhere near 204. Maybe if he has a bowling ball in each hand. He said himself that he wants to get up to 190, which tells me he's not there yet.

He doesn't need to run, he needs to use the skills he has, which is the ability to escape and make plays on the move. If he can do that, he won't need to be 204. Only reason he would need to add that kind of bulk is if he runs a lot, and he won't. He won't need to. I'm not worried about his weight, because he can play at that weight.

Stoped reading as soon as the writer mentioned a comparison to Lamar Jackson.

They're not similar players at all. Jackson is a dynamic scrambler in the mold of Michael Vick. Perry is a mobile QB who uses his legs to extend the play while keeping his eyes downfield--similar to Teddy Bridgewater.

His rushing stats are meaningless because he's not a scrambling QB. But if you watch his highlights you can clearly see he has the ability to avoid pressure, extend plays with his legs and pick up a few first downs with his legs when needed.

No, he's not a running QB, but I swear some people think he's dual threat for some reason. He's got a great arm and can move away from pressure, but he's not going to take off for long runs. He's not a dual threat guy, but a guy that can pick you apart when it looks like the play is breaking down. As long as he keeps the chains moving, that is all I care about. If he can run for 5 yards on 3rd and 4, he's good in my book.

He's a dual threat QB, it's just he will choose to look for the pass like a traditional QB before and only run at opportune times. He's not Jacory Harris or Teddy Bridgewater in terms of being limited as a runner, he just doesnt use his running as a primary threat like Lamar Jackson does for example.

2.8 yards a carry is hardly a threat.

It's because he passes so well. He's got major arm-talent and runs to throw.

Isn't he round 190? Someone said 204, he'll hold up fine

No, he is nowhere near 204. Maybe if he has a bowling ball in each hand. He said himself that he wants to get up to 190, which tells me he's not there yet.

He doesn't need to run, he needs to use the skills he has, which is the ability to escape and make plays on the move. If he can do that, he won't need to be 204. Only reason he would need to add that kind of bulk is if he runs a lot, and he won't. He won't need to. I'm not worried about his weight, because he can play at that weight.

Thanks for the clarification, don't remember what thread I saw the 204, 185-190 is a good weight

Can someone please post the Lake Gibson game so you people can settle down. we need Art to hurry up and get here in January

Advertisement
Can someone please post the Lake Gibson game so you people can settle down. we need Art to hurry up and get here in January

so this one game against Lake Gibson you keep bringing up has you hating on N'Kosi Perry, but you pushing for a QB with more question marks???

We need a QB that can extend plays. Not necessarily a running QB.

Not going to compare Perry to an NFL QB. But if he could show some mobility like Baker Mayfield, that would be great. Mayfield is a pain in the *** because he feels pressure well, and can move well enough to extend plays and let coverage deteriorate. And he could run downfield on those occasions where the secondary has their backs to the LOS. If Perry can bring some of that element, we'll be scoring.

Advertisement

so this one game against Lake Gibson you keep bringing up has you hating on N'Kosi Perry, but you pushing for a QB with more question marks???

I don't think he has more questions marks at all, in fact I believe its quite the contrary.

In Arthur Sitkowski I see a leader, Accuracy, Intelligence, Discipline and Strength that's off the charts compared to n;kosi.

N-kosi. I saw one game in person and when it was his time to shine coming out of halftime with the lead, against his nemesis,
I didn't see that from him at all.
I saw a QB who looked confused and to me like he was playing scarred who was chucking it so he wouldnt take a hit and was shutout
the second half.

Now you and I could differ about it till we were blue in the face, but no matter what you or I think we see,
the real experts are the coaches at the schools all across the country who actually get paid for their expertise in this department.

With the QB position being the most scrutinized position on the field

Look at not just the quantity, but the Quality of the teams offering Sitkowski in just his Junior year compared to n-kosi in his senior year,
I think that speaks volumes as to who will have the most upside.

either way were all going to know a whole lot more in just a few months, who knows maybe im wrong

lol can you blame him though? He had the best day of the QB's at the Spring Game and still ended 3rd on the Depth Chart. Why stay here and not play your entire career. Coaches have favorites in college. Richt wasn't a Jack fan. Best of both worlds that he moved on.

I still can't believe Allison turned out to be such a sackless little pansy. I thought for sure he was going to take the starting job!

Advertisement
Back