ESPN on Diaz. Please Don't leave us anytime soon.

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is among the handful of assistants in Orlando, Fla., participating in the NCAA Champion Forum, a networking and leadership seminar for minority coaches identified as potential future head coaches. Diaz, going into his second year with the Hurricanes, has built a strong resume and would welcome the opportunity to lead a program one day. "You want to take all the experiences you've had, you want to take all the great things you've learned from all the different people who've influenced you throughout your career and have a vision that you want to set," Diaz said. "As any type of competitor, you want to see how that would go."

Advertisement
Yes... please be patient and get groomed for our HC gig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Diaz isn't going to wait around for CMR to retire. He could be gone after this season if the D explodes like we expect.

Advertisement
Maybe I am in the minority, but I hope he gets a real P5 opportunity in the near future. I like what the implies for our success between now and then, and what it means for the quality of candidate Richt can attract.

He should get offers. Let him go learn to be the head man at a smaller program. When Richt is ready to step down, hopefully Diaz will be in the running for the job.

Not to take away what Manny has done....CMR should have no issues adding a suitable replacement with our talent pool

Advertisement
If he goes, Kul is the next man up.

I like what Diaz has done, and I love to dream about keeping this crew together through at least a few more seasons, but if Kool is seeking to break through to DC, I would have ZERO problem with it starting right here with Richt. I believe with solid DB coaching, he would be fine even without a linebacker coach...groom an upcoming DL coach in his wake.

UM

Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

Always an under aged white dude to assume the position once qualified minority finally gets a promotion or moves on to another position coach op that may offer a raise.

You sound like Steven A. Smith going into a racial diatribe when Miami dared to hire Mark Richt before "the litany of qualified African American candidates"...it took dip**** Bayless to remind him, BTW, UM hires minority coaches as much or more than anyone,...ohhh and Mark is alumni?!?!

Even better, when asked which candidates he was referring to...his answer was" I don't know...its not my job to determine that.."...and then actually brought up Charlie Strong...

By the way, how under age is Coach Kool really? lmfao.

UM

Advertisement

Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Not gonna take away anything from Kul, but I think he has a niche as a DL expert and his promotion to Assoc. Head Coach was already a big commitment to him by the U. I think if he wanted the DC title, he could have found that elsewhere at some point.

Advertisement
When Diaz eventually leaves to be the HC at a p5 school, it'll be because our program has made significant strides on the field. It'll also make the job that much more attractive to hungry, ambitious coordinators who may start to see a coordinator gig at UM as a fast-track to a head coaching opportunity.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Diaz's aggressive approach and philosophy to defense, his enthusiasm for the program, and his love for Miami, and I would rather he stick around as long as possible. But if he is a p5 HC in the next year or two, it'll mean the defense has continued to improve under his watch, and that bodes well for the program and the future of the program.

Sorry I posted this because there are no examples of this happening frequently in college football. Hirings always done based upon experience and young white dudes never get promoted at a younger age than minorities in college football. What the **** was I thinking with all the many minority head coaches, offensive coordinator's and defensive coordinator's. I mean it's not like they are good at playing the game and know what the **** they would be doing.

Kind of like when we gave Ice Harris a chance to get his degree and coach RB's even though he wasn't qualified to coach RB's. Also i'm pretty sure he never even finished his degree. Or like when we gave Beard a WR coaching job even though he had 3 years HS position coaching experience. Black men never get a chance, you're right.

In the same way Michael Jordan is the best owner in the NBA

In the same way Michael Jordan is the best owner in the NBA

That Adam Morrison draft pick was amazing.

Advertisement
Back