ESPN FPI rankings have Duke favored

ISLANDCANES

Buddy & Jimmy @ Greentree
If you want to point to a game that is under the radar but may show if we are really ready to take the next step it may be the Duke game. ESPN FPI rankings have Duke favored up there. This reminds me of the Cincinnati game 2 years ago the week before FSU, just like this year. We went in to Cincy and lost 34-23. We need to beat a good Duke team up there or this may turn into another "Miami's not back yet" year quickly.

Miami 2017 FPI - Hurricanes - ESPNhttp://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=2390&year=2017

Advertisement
This thread reminds me of that time I had Norovirus.

Mods ban this guy.

Smh are we really at a point where we have our best team in a decade and scared of Duke?

Take the Canes +whatever the fvck and take them big.

They are the overwhelming favorite to receive this *** whippin!!!

Advertisement
Are you all seriously going to do this weekly about EVERY oppenent we play..... golden gone man stop worrying so **** much

Nvm73_s-200x150.gif

If you want to point to a game that is under the radar but may show if we are really ready to take the next step it may be the Duke game. ESPN FPI rankings have Duke favored up there. This reminds me of the Cincinnati game 2 years ago the week before FSU, just like this year. We went in to Cincy and lost 34-23. We need to beat a good Duke team up there or this may turn into another "Miami's not back yet" year quickly.

Miami 2017 FPI - Hurricanes - ESPNhttp://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=2390&year=2017

Interesting stats but too early in the season and too little data to draw any solid conclusions based on the FPI so far this year. UM only has one game under their belt so that skews it right there. If UM had two canceled games to add to the stats going into that game, I wouldn't think Duke would be favored to win.

You make a fair point about the potential loss based on the recent past. This could be a bad loss but I don't expect it. Different staff, different players. It won't be a cake walk. On the road, Friday night game, Duke's QB is playing better than expected, lots of unknowns about this UM team. Tough to go on the road in conference anytime but I think UM by 14 minimum. This ain't a Golden squad anymore. :)

Advertisement
some of yall need to reach between your legs and do one of two things.

1. verify that you are indeed a women because you have no nuts
2. rip your nuts off and complete the transition

**** outta here with the fake fans who are scared of Toledo...or think that Duke is a test. the golden years are over. man the *** up or get the *** off the bus!!!

Every. Fcking. Game.

Jesucristo! If you facquits can't get past the Folden fears and comparisons then you don't buy into Rick at all. Even if Puke is a decent team no UM fan should have a quivering lip over fcking Puke or Toledo.

duke ain't beating us. **** if they stay within 2 tds I will give them props. UM 49 Duke 17. I honestly think Toledo game will be closer due to rust. UM 38 Toledo 17. This aint duke of a few years ago which was a top 20 team.

I don't think everyone is quite comfortable with Richt's play calling - as last year we lost four in a row, and I was throwing stuff at the TV. Good thing my wife hides my pistols before UM games.

Everyone is going to come to play against UM. A fact.

This year, Richt has hopefully wire-brushed off some of the rust, and this year we have a QB that can actually move his feet.

We certainly need to fear and prepare for every game. I didn't see a lot of enthusiasm nor speed in our one and only game, so hopefully, that was a fluke.

Advertisement
I don't think everyone is quite comfortable with Richt's play calling - as last year we lost four in a row, and I was throwing stuff at the TV. Good thing my wife hides my pistols before UM games.

This year, Richt has hopefully wire-brushed off some of the rust, and this year we have a QB that can actually move his feet.

We certainly need to fear and prepare for every game. I didn't see a lot of enthusiasm nor speed in our one and only game, so hopefully, that was a fluke.
How does a fan cowering in the corner fearing mighty Puke help UM prepare?

i assume you likely have to sit down to pee. Or at least squat.

giphy.gif

Advertisement

Prepare for every game? Absolutely.
Take every opponent serious? I agree wholeheartedly.
Have a healthy skepticism for Richt's admittedly rusty playcalling? By all means.
But fear every game?!? No ******* way. That's a loser's mentality. I seriously hope (and expect) none of our players or coaches ever walks into a game "fearing" anything... other than Shaq or Amari fearing they may murder someone on the field.

Every. Fcking. Game.

Jesucristo! If you facquits can't get past the Folden fears and comparisons then you don't buy into Rick at all. Even if Puke is a decent team no UM fan should have a quivering lip over fcking Puke or Toledo.

Some of these guys must've secretly breathed a sigh of relief when we cancelled the Arky State beatdown.

Advertisement
Back