Espn claims Ohio taint is QB U.

clevelandcane81

Recruit
It is really funny that Espn posted that article saying Ohio Taint is QB U. Is it just a system these qbs excel in or are they actually developed. Lets take a closer look
Haskins - Bust in the league
JT Barrett - Bust not even in the league
Braxton Miller - Switched to WR
Pryor - Switched to WR.
Cardale Jones - Bust
Troy Smith - back up qb
Justin Fields - see him phasing out as a qb and possibly switching to wr once in the league as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fields is a good prospect. Haskins was a good prospect. Fields is better and more mobile. He’s a first rounder. Still may bust

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fields is a good prospect. Haskins was a good prospect. Fields is better and more mobile. He’s a first rounder. Still may bust
Ohio State produces good QBs. Truth is, getting a QB ready to play NFL ball is ******* hard.

Didnt help that Haskins got drafted by dumpster fire Washington.

It is really funny that Espn posted that article saying Ohio Taint is QB U. Is it just a system these qbs excel in or are they actually developed. Lets take a closer look
Pryor - Switched to WR.
Cardale Jones - Bust
Troy Smith - back up qb
Justin Fields - see him phasing out as a qb and possibly switching to wr once in the league as well.
Did you see Fields throw a 40 yard frozen rope last week? Dude is a QB all day, every day.

I don't know who I'd honestly classify as QB U in the NFL. It's such a hard position to evaluate on future success - guys who've gone in the league with such promise ended up as busts, while guys that were under the radar ended up having solid careers. I would've say USC, but they've had a high bust rate as well.

If we're merely translating QB U in this context as simply getting to the league while playing QB in college, then sure, give it to Ohio St. Outside of that, they have no say in being QB U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pryor - Switched to WR.
Cardale Jones - Bust
Troy Smith - back up qb
Don’t know the context but perhaps they were only worried about college play, like all conference or all American qbs, and NOt worried about their nfl careers. None of them were busts in college and they have a decent share of hardware in that group

At one point in the past, I wondered why so many small schools put successful QBs in the league. Back then I thought it was because they largely remained pro style while Power Five was running spread. As the pro game has now evolved, the Big 12 has produced alot of talent.

Oklahoma as of late has been QBU. It use to be USC. An I think Fields will be a good NFL QB. He may struggle at first but I think he will have much better career than those other guys.

Advertisement
Back