ESPN calls Miami Hurricanes losers on National Signing Day

We definitely failed on that particular signing day but what you louts don’t have is perspective. But the “signing day failure” was magnified because of the concentration on a very small number of targets enhanced by CIS MANUFACTURED DRAMA

This was the very first year of the new early signing period era, and taken as a whole one needs to look at the final ranking.

Had the early signing period started next year we’d all be doing backflips today about the class of 25 we signed three days ago and don’t even bother denying it. That’s a fact.

We already know who we whiffed on and why, and so does the coaching staff...my operating assumption is that they don’t operate in a vacuum and they know there are internal and external recruiting issues to be addressed and they are doing so

Advertisement
Agree with OCCC...Patrick Surtain and Tyson Campbell "drama" on signing day was 100% some CIS/rest of CanesTwitter, Rivals, 247 manufactured nonsense.

It was a signing day loss. But we were playing with house money because of the early signing period. May it be thus every year.

I agree 100%. With the exception of Silvera we signed all the players we really wanted during the early signing period. The others we sought during NSD were reaches.

The only one that may be considered a loss was Chatman. BUT can you lose what you were never really interested in? Now knowing what I know about him now he did us a BIG favor by going elsewhere.

We originally didn't offer Chatman because we had NO interest. OSU had also lost interest. We offered him late as a strategic move to insure that our big target Silvera would come here and thinking maybe it would give us a chance with Surtain and Campbell as a A.H. package deal similar to what we did with the J. Harris Northwestern group. Bottom line is we really could care less if he came or not, he was part of a buddy plan. The more I learn about Chatman the more I realize that he'll make the perfect Gator. Self absorbed with a head larger than his skills. We dodged a bullet there.

As for Surtain and Campbell they were SEC bound from day 1. We wanted them but we knew realistically that we were on the outside looking in. Very little chance to begin with. Is that a loss/ Well call it what you want. The only surprise there was P.S. chosing Bama over LSU. The Texas DT was a late long shot at best all along. Its a credit to us that he even came to visit.

Some here act as if we can finess or strong arm these kids to come here. As if its only a matter of persistence, saying some magic words, and camping out on their door steps. heh thats about as effective as some car salesman trying to make you buy a car you really don't want. It really doesn't matter what you do if the recruits wants something somewhere else

Funny.
We call them losers just about every day of the year.

Our day will come, once again.

GO CANES
!!!!![]_[]!!!!!

Advertisement
What did they say about the 134 schools rated behind us? As I get older it's become a realization that ESPN is usually wrong about 50% of the time..

It was a win for me regardless who we lost, Silvera called out all of those south Florida guys who left south Florida that day or before on national tv basically. Everybody saw that ****

I agree 100%. With the exception of Silvera we signed all the players we really wanted during the early signing period. The others we sought during NSD were reaches.

The only one that may be considered a loss was Chatman. BUT can you lose what you were never really interested in? Now knowing what I know about him now he did us a BIG favor by going elsewhere.

We originally didn't offer Chatman because we had NO interest. OSU had also lost interest. We offered him late as a strategic move to insure that our big target Silvera would come here and thinking maybe it would give us a chance with Surtain and Campbell as a A.H. package deal similar to what we did with the J. Harris Northwestern group. Bottom line is we really could care less if he came or not, he was part of a buddy plan. The more I learn about Chatman the more I realize that he'll make the perfect Gator. Self absorbed with a head larger than his skills. We dodged a bullet there.

As for Surtain and Campbell they were SEC bound from day 1. We wanted them but we knew realistically that we were on the outside looking in. Very little chance to begin with. Is that a loss/ Well call it what you want. The only surprise there was P.S. chosing Bama over LSU. The Texas DT was a late long shot at best all along. Its a credit to us that he even came to visit.

Some here act as if we can finess or strong arm these kids to come here. As if its only a matter of persistence, saying some magic words, and camping out on their door steps. heh thats about as effective as some car salesman trying to make you buy a car you really don't want. It really doesn't matter what you do if the recruits wants something somewhere else
Closers close, losers make excuses. And you are confusing Chatman with Chatfield.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back