ESPN calls Miami Hurricanes losers on National Signing Day

BSPN will always denigrate our program.
Im not defending them I really dont like watching espn but if this were true they wouldnt be all over our d8ks with the turnover chain stuff.
We drive ratings we can save espn by ourselves when we are clicking, we are that team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But do u agree those kids should be ours yearly? I think 5 star defensive backs in sfla should be Miamis to lose, this is why we failed that day because we recruited them hard and they were on top of the coaches board as far as dbs go. It was a bad day for us why cant no one accept it, yea its over but its the truth. U can see the truth just based off the fan bases reation toward us losing them, we trashed coaches we trashed the kids we trashed the schools we lost them too......coaches had to say it wasnt Mije Rumphs fault,,,,,,it was a disaster it was bad and people are under playing it like nothing happened. That was huge and the aftermath after it was an indicator it was big.

I don't think Miami should be landing every 5* player, but we should be getting more of them then we are/have.

Our Blue Chip Ratio isn't elite right now and considering this region produces more Blue Chippers than anywhere on the planet, that is unacceptable.

With that said, I think its poor thinking to think YESTERDAY was a poor day. We haven't been in Surtain or Campbell's Top 2 for two years...we were NEVER considered by them. And, while I think that is an indictment on Richt, Rumph, and the staff...I can't say, you can try and label YESTERDAY poor because we didn't get them, but I think you can say it is an indictment on the staff. Maybe not for one or the other individually, but not getting ONE of them, is something we can knock the staff for...I just think its a more macro discussion versus ESPNs micro takes.

I don't think Miami should be landing every 5* player, but we should be getting more of them then we are/have.

Our Blue Chip Ratio isn't elite right now and considering this region produces more Blue Chippers than anywhere on the planet, that is unacceptable.

With that said, I think its poor thinking to think YESTERDAY was a poor day. We haven't been in Surtain or Campbell's Top 2 for two years...we were NEVER considered by them. And, while I think that is an indictment on Richt, Rumph, and the staff...I can't say, you can try and label YESTERDAY poor because we didn't get them, but I think you can say it is an indictment on the staff. Maybe not for one or the other individually, but not getting ONE of them, is something we can knock the staff for...I just think its a more macro discussion versus ESPNs micro takes.
I hear you and I get it, even if they arent considering us or taking us serious. Its the staffs job to change there minds they r local kids u have to land them and we are suppose to. We wouldnt be NSD losers if those kids lived in cali.

I love the hate! ESPN has always had an agenda against us. Technically, every single school who didn’t land PS2 and Campbell should be losers.

Anybody arguing we didn't fail is delusional and foolish. 1 out of 5 from top south Florida talent that were coached by a tool on staff is pathetic. Yes we won on the whole but final day result should tell you something. Count me as concerned.

Advertisement
This should be hung up all over the Training room. Should really give the 18 class an attitude to take out on the field.
Which recruiting date? December or February...nailed most of their people in December and offensive skill position recruits are tremendous.

Link?

They wouldn't be far off though. We took a swing at several guys and would've taken their commitment had they picked us. We missed, regardless of our chances. You can't spin it any other way.

It was a signing day loss. But we were playing with house money because of the early signing period. May it be thus every year.

Advertisement
**** ESPN, we should hang our fans comments up in the locker room fr. Cotton soft around here. To let 2 players decide whether you think the class is good or not is comical and an insult to every player we signed.

We have a great class but we most certainly took a giant L on signing day.

We missed:
Campbell
Surtain
Coburn
Chatman

All those guys visited us and we had a shot with. We came away with Ezzard. 1/5 is a loss.

I didn’t read the article but if they called our class as a whole a loss then that’s obviously wrong.

This.

It even felt like a loss! Not a blowout, not a demoralizing loss to Duke, but a loss nonetheless. A loss in the playoffs, if you will. By noon on NSD, there were like 50 threads on this by suicidal Canes fans. Lol

Class as a whole was solid. ESPN agrees hence the #7 ranking. It's like saying we had a good season.

GO CANES!!!

**** ESPN, we should hang our fans comments up in the locker room fr. Cotton soft around here. To let 2 players decide whether you think the class is good or not is comical and an insult to every player we signed.
Kind of ironic, with no intentions on your part I presume, since Sly Willie probably saying something similar to Snoles about 2 players.

Advertisement
Very strange to hate on Miami, but outside of Coburn and Chatman, Miami wasn't in it for really anyone else. Surtain was a courtesy visit. Campbell had long been gone from the picture.

I'm not sure how ESPN can really justify being a loser on NSD. I can see pointing out Miami's failures in not getting them at all, but thats a story that should have been printed a long time ago.

ESPN should have printed a story about losing Surtain and Campbell “a long time ago”? Did you read your post before submitting it? The rightful outrage from this board, the school, and even the recruits at an article about how UM lost them before they made their selection, especially with an official visit the final recruiting weekend would have been deafening.

But do u agree those kids should be ours yearly? I think 5 star defensive backs in sfla should be Miamis to lose, this is why we failed that day because we recruited them hard and they were on top of the coaches board as far as dbs go. It was a bad day for us why cant no one accept it, yea its over but its the truth. U can see the truth just based off the fan bases reation toward us losing them, we trashed coaches we trashed the kids we trashed the schools we lost them too......coaches had to say it wasnt Mije Rumphs fault,,,,,,it was a disaster it was bad and people are under playing it like nothing happened. That was huge and the aftermath after it was an indicator it was big.

We are mad. We got to number two this year and one game from playoff spot. That took away the excuses for the local kids. They stay home and we return to glory. I don’t normally wish I’ll on kids but after all these years of horrible coaching and having no chance to watch kids turn their backs now when we clearly on almost there is too much. I hope they never seen the field on game days. A pox on them and their families. And a special pox on AH and that piece of crap old man who told us the shut up. ***** that trash and his **** son. If we do get to playoff and go up against uga or Bama, I want mark to call every play a run at the AH trash on that team with multiple blockers all aiming at him. Pound the trash until he leaves the field for good. ***** the game until that is done.

ESPN is terrible.
We have a solid class and filled a lot of needs and built some depth.
Can't keep missing out on local studs though, that needs to change.
Not sure where to point the blame, as the last few years we missed out on stud DB's and stud WR's.

Advertisement
Back