ESPN article mentions "UM set to rise, due to schedule"

Advertisement
I see the SEC having another 2 loss team in the playoffs... Even tho, we'll probably win out and beat Clemson they will still bring up the fact we loss to LSU. Even tho Perry is our new gun slinger
They will push the sec narrative u know it

But that's kind of the point, they won't. Every year we talk about these scenarios and they never work out. It's always messier than expected with teams losing unexpected games. We just have to hope none of the mess splatters on us.

Well, of course if everyone in the top ten loses the next six games they are all out. We all understand that losing knocks teams out.

The suggestion is that the ACC will not be left out regardless (even if those teams keep winning) and that is simple not true.

ND has an easy schedule.
Could be two SEC schools if the SEC Champ loser is a one loss Bama
Oklahoma, Big 10, ACC all going for spots...a one loss Miami will have a tough time getting in if all those teams keep winning.

Assuming ND, and OK go undefeated... Miami will be left out. I can honestly see the committee even putting two SEC teams in ahead of a Miami ACC champion (GA & AL)... The loss to LSU, and just the overall weakness of the conference will play a big role, unless they’re out there dominating teams week in and week out. (Not just winning but like purposefully beating teams by 50 points)..

It’s not infeaseble for ND to go undefeated (their schedule isn’t too bad), or for two SEC teams to make it again.. Oklahoma is the most likely (in my opinion) to lose a game... but honestly their offense has been of world beater quality..

I think people are underestimating the impact of how weak the acc has looked.. Miami as the ACC champ is not an automatic bid..

Advertisement
1. SEC Champ (Bama or UGA)
2. Oh St
3. Oklahoma
4. ACC Champ (undefeated Clemson)

If Clemson happens to slip up vs NC St & lose, they're out.

If Notre Dame wins out, they're in, but I wouldn't bet on Brian Kelly to not drop one, he's good for it every year.

If Oklahoma messes around & loses any games they're out too, which will open it up for 2 SEC teams again, but I doubt that happens.

What's guaranteed thus far is the Pac-12 is out regardless, even a 1 loss Washington isn't gettin in the playoffs.

We just have do our part and win the other stuff we can't control Wil work itself out.look at our history the powers that be always find away to ***** the canes yes we are that hated around the country.and that's the way we like it make those snobs eat a big nice platter of crow ****
(y) THIS......

Advertisement
Who are "they"?

If Anything Television Networks do not want teams from the same Conference making it to a final 4 in any sport. Ratings usually go down.
I havent looked at there schedule but if UGA wins out and bama and they meet in the SEC title game will that one loss team get in cause there loss is more sexier? It can happen
They can say oh Miami got destroyed by LSU while bama n uga cruised until the sec title game and if that game is close then they can use that to leave someone out and they always fuq us over throughout history. Again I could be wrong because I dont know there schedules. And if UGA destorys LSU they can use that as oh UGA beat LSU and Miami couldnt (no matter the qb position change cause that doesnt matter what happened is what matters) and this is how u get 2 sec teams in 3rd spot OSU 4th spot OU or UM? They may go OU who knows but its possible to get left out depending on the scenario.

I havent looked at there schedule but if UGA wins out and bama and they meet in the SEC title game will that one loss team get in cause there loss is more sexier? It can happen
They can say oh Miami got destroyed by LSU while bama n uga cruised until the sec title game and if that game is close then they can use that to leave someone out and they always fuq us over throughout history. Again I could be wrong because I dont know there schedules. And if UGA destorys LSU they can use that as oh UGA beat LSU and Miami couldnt (no matter the qb position change cause that doesnt matter what happened is what matters)
Nah.
Usually people are caught up in the moment.

And in the event Miami upsets Clemson it would make people say the "U" is back and Richt has finally won a big game. I don't think the loser of the SEC championship would have any momentum or any defenders unless it is like a very close game that goes into OT and even then... ...it is not who you lose to it is when you lose most of the time in these cases.

It is all hypothetical but I think ESPN and other media members would lobby for Miami over an SEC loser.

Nah.
Usually people are caught up in the moment.

And in the event Miami upsets Clemson it would make people say the "U" is back and Richt has finally won a big game. I don't think the loser of the SEC championship would have any momentum or any defenders unless it is like a very close game that goes into OT and even then... ...it is not who you lose to it is when you lose most of the time.

It is all hypothetical but I think ESPN and other media members would lobby for Miami over an SEC loser.
Yea I think they know Miami brings a big audience.

A conference title will get us up there with a loss to top 10 LSU. Everyone needs to calm the f$&@ down with these rankings.

Advertisement
FSU First, then one game at a time, then, its out of our hands. Stay focused on FSU.

But even if VT wins this weekend and Miami wins out there are still ways Miami doesn’t get in

- B1G Champ, undefeated OK, SEC x2
As I alluded to in another post I don't see two SEC teams making it over Miami.
The narrative will be the U is back and Richt finally won a big game and deserves to be in the playoff.

These early season playoff projections are often comical come seasons end.

The only thing I would bet on is Bama making it. Sure, anyone can lose any given Saturday, I just don't see it now that you have to defend both the ground and the air. Tua, said it in thr Georgia game, he's what every other coach feared most about Bama, how good they could be with an elite passer.

Long way to go, things can change in one play for most teams. Clemson about flushed their season down the drain after naming their new QB who got knocked out.

Advertisement
Yep. Even if we win the ACCCG and that's their only loss I don't see a path for us.

That's absurd. You can't see a path this early.

Their has already been talk during our last two games that LSU could've been a different story with Perry under center. We keep doing what we've been doing with him in control, that thinking will become the prevalent thought in the minds of those who determine the BCS.

God I'm praying we avoid a letdown Saturday afternoon. Dangerous spot when basically everyone has us picked to kinda cruise...

Yeah not thinking about beating Clemson right now lets beat FSU and then Duke ( who is a **** good this season).

Advertisement
Back