ESPN article mentions "UM set to rise, due to schedule"

Advertisement
I really like the "steady rise in the rankings" line after we dropped 1 spot last week. :mad:

I think that rise is based of (1) assuming teams ahead of us fall and (2) Clemson is in playoff position as well which could possibly make it a play-in game. I think some of our conference foes improving or re-entering the polls (BC, VT, maybe Duke) would help. But in the grand scheme of things, just win.

This is with Clemson winning out till the ACC Championship game. If Clemson loses, the ACC could be on the outside looking in on the Playoff.

Advertisement
I have been saying it for many years now. The way the Playoff committee is set up HELPS a team like us not hurts us.

Head Honchos from ESPN will be in the ears of Playoff committee members all Sunday December 2nd long because they know the ratings the Canes always bring in.
They will try their best to lobby for Miami if they have the same record as another Conference Champ.

People are living in a weird paranoid fantasy land if they think otherwise.

This is with Clemson winning out till the ACC Championship game. If Clemson loses, the ACC could be on the outside looking in on the Playoff.
I think if ND wins out and we win out and beat Clemson is the only way we could get left out. Don’t think for second there wouldn’t be ppl saying we should be left out in this scenario. If this happens you could have any combo of baga, uga and LSU undefeated or with one loss a one loss pac 12 champ, undefeated big 12 champ and ND then us.

I think if ND wins out and we win out and beat Clemson is the only way we could get left out. Don’t think for second there wouldn’t be ppl saying we should be left out in this scenario. If this happens you could have any combo of baga, uga and LSU undefeated or with one loss a one loss pac 12 champ, undefeated big 12 champ and ND then us.
ND is not going undefeated.

Advertisement
Oklahoma and the PAC 12 could get left but there is no scenario where the ACC champ is going to get left out. Even if Notre Dame goes undefeated that will only push out the 2nd SEC team.

I definitely don’t think they will I’m just saying the only way we get left out as a one loss acc champ is if they go undefeated.
It would probably take ND going undefeated and the big Big 12 Champ and O$U going undefeated.
But I just don't see all those things happening.

Advertisement
I like how we are executing on offense. I don't see alot of penalties and we are blocking pretty well in the run game. Key to success.

I think we can win the ACC, Clemson is not as good as last year imo. They are very good but not unbeatable. By seasons end that might change.

Advertisement
I like how we are executing on offense. I don't see alot of penalties and we are blocking pretty well in the run game. Key to success.
IT reminds me of when we finally clicked at the end of 2016 and went on a long winning streak.

Hopefully something like that happens again this season and we get stronger as the season ends.

IT reminds me of when we finally clicked at the end of 2016 and went on a long winning streak.

Hopefully something like that happens again this season and we get stronger as the season ends.
If Perry gets up to speed by we play VT and Clemson, we on to something serious

Still depends on other teams losing and Clemson keeps winning.

ND is in if they win out. The SEC gets their mandatory 2 slots which leaves one....seriously two, for OSU, Oklahoma and the ACC given they all win out.

Miami is going to have to jump one of the above which will never happen if the above does not lose a game....even with a ACC championship.

Advertisement
Back