ESPN article mentions "UM set to rise, due to schedule"

Advertisement
The SEC will not have 2 slots this year. And it is certainly not mandatory.
It was just the way things played out last year because the Pac 12 and B1G found ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

Starting to sound like last year a lil,...even though we knew our QB wasn't really a QB.

Our defense gets gashed here and gets big plays there. Our offense with the new QB is in its youth. Dont set yourselves up for disappointment so early IMO.

Enjoy the wins 1 @ a time if they actually come.

Sidenote: This year, if any,....may be the year where there's a push to 8 teams for this playoff thing,...especially if UCF continues to win. Gonna be hard to justify leaving out a team that's won 20+ straight,...and the battle for spot #4 looks like it's going to be fierce (and unfair) either way.

Every single defense gives up big plays in 2018 so that is not unique to Miami.
I do agree that we should enjoy wins but reading articles on ESPN and agreeing with them does not sound like last season at all.
Last season around this time Most people on ESPN were saying horrible things about this team.

Advertisement
Who is going to beat ND ? They have a **** good QB and a schedule as easy as ours.
They can lose this week for all I know. They can lose to Syracuse. They can lose to USC who would love to spoil their party.

I don't think it is in the bag for them to beat everyone.

Advertisement
Still depends on other teams losing and Clemson keeps winning.

ND is in if they win out. The SEC gets their mandatory 2 slots which leaves one....seriously two, for OSU, Oklahoma and the ACC given they all win out.

Miami is going to have to jump one of the above which will never happen if the above does not lose a game....even with a ACC championship.

But that's kind of the point, they won't. Every year we talk about these scenarios and they never work out. It's always messier than expected with teams losing unexpected games. We just have to hope none of the mess splatters on us.

I see the SEC having another 2 loss team in the playoffs... Even tho, we'll probably win out and beat Clemson they will still bring up the fact we loss to LSU. Even tho Perry is our new gun slinger

The SEC will not have 2 slots this year. And it is certainly not mandatory.
It was just the way things played out last year because the Pac 12 and B1G found ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

And also because Alabama, winner of what, 2 out of the previous 3 national championships and ranked #1 or #2 in every single poll for like three years straight was left out of SEC title game because they lost one game to their rival. I get and agree that the SEC bias is absolutely real, but anyone looking at it objectively has to realize that last year was a unique scenario. In my opinion, the committee got it right last year. Doesn't mean I have ultimate faith in how that committee was constructed, or what they do or how they do it... Acknowledging that there is bias doesn't also necessitate that we are always going to get fvcked. Weren't we #2 after we beat ND last year?

I don't know, there's a lot of games to play. If you want to get worked up about it, get worked up about it. I'm gonna watch and wait to see how it plays out. Most of all, I want to see our team on the field prove that they deserve to be in that playoff hunt, they've got a lot to overcome in order to do that, deservedly so and thanks to their own eggs that have been laid. Until then...
SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

We just have do our part and win the other stuff we can't control Wil work itself out.look at our history the powers that be always find away to ***** the canes yes we are that hated around the country.and that's the way we like it make those snobs eat a big nice platter of crow ****

Advertisement
Bama
Big 10 champ
ACC champ

Then the 4th slot could be Big 12 champ, LSU if Bama only loss, UGA if title game is only loss and competitive (unlikely imo), ND if they win out (unlikely).

Most of these scenarios will take care of themselves. Regardless if Miami's only loss is opening week with a now-benched QB that is as close to a lock as you can get. The worst-case scenario would be Bama, OSU and OU undefeated with LSU undefeated outside of a close loss to Bama.

I see the SEC having another 2 loss team in the playoffs... Even tho, we'll probably win out and beat Clemson they will still bring up the fact we loss to LSU. Even tho Perry is our new gun slinger

What did I miss? When did the SEC get a 2 loss team into the CFP?

Thats how it is when you play in a big boy Power 5 conference and beat in the championship game a consensus top 3 team in the nation who has won a recent natty

Richt needs to just get the team to buy into a game at a time if we win every saturday we will be in the fight for #6 (or #7 if you count '02)

Advertisement
This is with Clemson winning out till the ACC Championship game. If Clemson loses, the ACC could be on the outside looking in on the Playoff.

With one loss the acc champ is in no matter what, losing two games and winning the conference would make it tough. Clemson maybe could pull it off, but that’s asking a lot. Even with Clemson’s rep.

If we win out and beat Clemson it is hard to imagine being left out of the layoffs with our only loss being a win by losing to a sec team. Also, tv ratings with Miami in mix shoot up. If ND finds a way in that has a multiplier effect on Miami impact. Those two with Bama and say OSU is must watch tv tregardless os pairings. Biggest ratings would be us vs ND or OSU in first game with us winning and Bama getting though for the final. The stores lines would be endless in our games. Ending with Bama is perfect. It would be the rubber game left over from the 90’s and between the two programs tuely fighting for the all time greatest title. TV would love it.

Imagine the rest of the country trying to figure out who to root for. End the Bama domination but at what express. Would the want to rid themselves of the Mogol hordes with a return of the Huns? Great tv.

Advertisement
Back