"Entitled" South Florida Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly losing faith in this board. Between this and some other things. I understand this a free board but how is a mod on this board really trying to justify this topic (or maybe he's just trying to stir the pot)

So true.
It's sad, really.

And allowing supporters of other programs, especially gayturds, to post here......smh.

Advertisement
I'm honestly losing faith in this board. Between this and some other things. I understand this a free board but how is a mod on this board really trying to justify this topic (or maybe he's just trying to stir the pot)

So true.
It's sad, really.

And allowing supporters of other programs, especially gayturds, to post here......smh.

Valid concerns. Obviously.

I will say that neither this board or the football board exist to fluff the program. Objective views - some that may question coaches, admin, players, etc. - are encouraged. Dissenting views - some that may come from Gators, Noles, etc. - are also welcome. Their spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. will be controlled as best as possible, however.

I should add to my post above.... I get the luxury of simply whining about it. But to 1775's point, that doesn't solve the issue. Golden has to crack that puzzle, and it's probably the difference between us being good again and us becoming great again. You have to deal with these types of characters in some way that is really beyond me. So - you're right.... I feel like the issue is real and it has to somehow get fixed. I just dunno HTF you deal with it. Golden's gotta channel his inner Clarice Starling. As a fan, it is infuriating to think he has to deal with that sillyness. The last thing I want to read is Pete defending it.
Winning will solve this issue. That's it.

When we're winning (and the NCAA's sword isn't hanging over our head), we'll have an easier sell, and kids will have to make up their minds earlier or risk being left out. We'll also pull nationally better again. It's not more than 5 kids at the margin that make the difference between consistently good classes and mediocre ones.

said it a couple pages ago, we as diehards feel like we should keep the best talent home, but we have been going 7-5 and that doesnt get the attention of anybody. We need to win 10 games. leave the excuses at the door if you pick up your check

So true.
It's sad, really.

Valid concerns. Obviously.

I will say that neither this board or the football board exist to fluff the program. Objective views - some that may question coaches, admin, players, etc. - are encouraged. Dissenting views - some that may come from Gators, Noles, etc. - are also welcome. Their spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. will be controlled as best as possible, however.

Fair enough, and I appreciate your response.
I agree that it would suck to have a board full of fluffers.
It's good to have vigorous and lively debates about UM athletics.
It's just the tone of the OP struck me as rather deuchebaggish, especially
coming from someone who is following the program for this board.

As far as opposing fans are concerned...I have to respectfully disagree.
Perhaps it's a generational thing, but in my day we wanted nothing to do
with folks who followed the team from north Florida.
I would rather discuss religion with a member of the Taliban than discuss sports
with those dbags.
Heck, I'm a conservative Cubano from Miami and I wouldn't even vote for Rubio
if he ever runs for President because he's got gayturd DNA.

Again, though, appreciate your response.

Advertisement
A word of advice for OPorster. Stop with your ****** post-NSD analysis and just give updates/info on current and future recruits.

Less is more.

Advertisement
It's not possible Miami just has them rated lower on their boards than other programs, right? That can't be it.

so miami evaluates better than national title winning schools? ok
Negged for stupidity. Miami evaluates for its needs. Different schools have different needs, schemes, cultures and styles. It doesn't have to be better or worse.

Additionally, you wildly overestimate the ability of schools to 'evaluate' kids hundreds of miles away from their staffs. Miami almost certainly has more information on local kids than other schools do. Only a stubborn idiot would think that can't or doesn't lead to evaluation advantages. Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, but your premise seems to be that 'evaluation' is some skill set that applies flawlessly and equally to all potential recruits irrespective of circumstances. That's wrong.

the problem with your premise is that miami went after a lot of these kids eventually. so obviously they fit whatever need they felt they had or they wouldn't have eventually offered them. so it's not an issue of different needs or systems, particularly when some of these guys have been at positions of need per your coach. and i already mentioned earlier that miami being local SHOULD give them advantages, so where do you get that i think it doesn't? you say miami has more information on local kids than other schools do yet they are requiring more camping from those same kids than other schools do because they are still evaluating. when they can attend multiple games in a weekend within 5 mins of their stadium. how much more evaluation do they need to do? some of those kids they're passing on are ballin for other schools as well, guess that evaluation advantage isn't paying off there either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's not possible Miami just has them rated lower on their boards than other programs, right? That can't be it.

so miami evaluates better than national title winning schools? ok
Negged for stupidity. Miami evaluates for its needs. Different schools have different needs, schemes, cultures and styles. It doesn't have to be better or worse.

Additionally, you wildly overestimate the ability of schools to 'evaluate' kids hundreds of miles away from their staffs. Miami almost certainly has more information on local kids than other schools do. Only a stubborn idiot would think that can't or doesn't lead to evaluation advantages. Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, but your premise seems to be that 'evaluation' is some skill set that applies flawlessly and equally to all potential recruits irrespective of circumstances. That's wrong.

the problem with your premise is that miami went after a lot of these kids eventually. so obviously they fit whatever need they felt they had or they wouldn't have eventually offered them. so it's not an issue of different needs or systems, particularly when some of these guys have been at positions of need per your coach. and i already mentioned earlier that miami being local SHOULD give them advantages, so where do you get that i think it doesn't? you say miami has more information on local kids than other schools do yet they are requiring more camping from those same kids than other schools do because they are still evaluating. when they can attend multiple games in a weekend within 5 mins of their stadium. how much more evaluation do they need to do? some of those kids they're passing on are ballin for other schools as well, guess that evaluation advantage isn't paying off there either.

Who are these kids who are playing at national title winners that Miami went after late? And has it ever occurred to you that Miami wants to see the kid in a camp setting against other high talent players so they can see the kid up close, see how they respond to coaching, and see how they respond to going against other high level talent, especially if they aren't sold on the kid after seeing them in games? That is part of the advantage of the kids being local, after all. just SMH @ that word salad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Feel sorry for u Pete. Dudencantneven ask anquestion andnu wonder why kids do not want to play for this fan base. Other schools have bad fans but the locals see jt here because they live here.

Feel sorry for u Pete. Dudencantneven ask anquestion andnu wonder why kids do not want to play for this fan base. Other schools have bad fans but the locals see jt here because they live here.

wtf?
Is this Olde English?

kids say they "deserve" an offer

as opposed to they want to "earn" one
Mike Smith is a perfect example he "earned it"

Herb Waters is another, kid went to 3-4 camps before the Canes finally offered. He wasn' mad or talking **** because he didn't get an offer right from jump street, kid just kept showing up until Golden had no other choice but too offer him because he was that good.

kids say they "deserve" an offer

as opposed to they want to "earn" one
Mike Smith is a perfect example he "earned it"

Herb Waters is another, kid went to 3-4 camps before the Canes finally offered. He wasn' mad or talking **** because he didn't get an offer right from jump street, kid just kept showing up until Golden had no other choice but too offer him because he was that good.

Sometimes when you really want something you do whatever you NEED to do to get that something. Some kids take this **** seriously, others just say it but will be more diva then team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back