"Entitled" South Florida Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when 18 year olds try to be smart.

Zero insight.

How about having 8 kids on the board on signing day who had to have their cool press conference and left coaching staff hanging with other recruits?

How about South FL kids being 15 years old and already announcing they want to wait to signing day for more drama?

How about that tub of **** ***** Bryant?

Yes, these south fl kids are Iva's and entitled for the most part

Advertisement
Peter

I agree. I think when it comes to Golden, many of our fan base thinks he walks on water. I think our staff CAN recruit and I do like Golden A LOT, but that doesn't mean he's perfect. I have the same critique and I think it DOES have merit. I think its over stated when guys like Luke say he doesn't recruit S. Florida. I don't agree with that 100% but I do believe our strategy for home is flawed at times. Now I think if there is a top kid in our backyard, WE need to be first on that kid and not playing catch up. Everyone was on Skai last year EXCEPT us until 11th hour. IF the numbers were truly tight then why not at least communicate and explain the situation and keep the channel open, rather than looking late to the party? We had SEVERAL plan A's that didn't come through last cycle and we had ZERO contingencies. When Mario and Coley got on staff, you could see the philosophy slowly starting to change and we got a lot more offers out earlier to kids at home. Communicating and offering are 2 different things, I think we fail in the communicating part. Just be straight up and keep the lines of communication open and positive because you never know when you have to come back and see that kid and you don't want to look like oh I ignored you for MONTHS and then in the 11th hour here is an offer and just expect the kid to take it. **** Skai said had UM even started recruiting him up until 2 weeks before he finalized on S. Carolina he'd probably have picked UM. I just wish the fan base would be FAIR and HONEST in their assessments. Criticizing does not mean you don't like Coach Golden. It just means you recognize he has chinks in his armor, all coaches do, even Nick Saban. You just don't hear as much about Saban's because he wins.

Last edited:
Are these kids entitled or are we? it is their lives not ours. They are going to have to play there not us. At the end of the day it is a business decision, it effects the rest of their lives. We are in no position to judge them. A kid somehow doesn't commit to the U, well he is being paid. The U does not offer a kid, well the kid is plan B. We are delusional, constantly accusing other programs of being dirty, when ours has been proven to be dirty. 2001 was over 10 years ago, and all we talk about is how great we were then. Alot of these kids were babies, they know nothing about 2001. We wanted Shannon out after the first year, Golden's record isn't much better than Shannon's at this point. Is Golden a better coach, I think he is. Does he make mistakes? **** yeah. Stop acting like little school girls who just got dump. If we are going to go anywhere, we need to at least acknowledge the facts and it start with Golden.

I dont think its fair to say its a south florida thing. The entitlement mentality is all over the country. We just happen to follow kids down here and there are a lot of really good players. The whole system has created this.

Terrible thread.

This is a mentality that has really only happened recently. It's comparable to being a PG in NYC. Part of the problem is the role of "mentors" in south florida. College coaches actually despise recruiting in south florida ( but they all know that they have too). So this entitled mentality is something that is just from the fans but prominent college coaches.

Advertisement
Have you not answered your own question?

Along those same lines, I was just talking to someone very entrenched in the recruiting culture down here and he said, "I hear a lot how players down here act too privileged but I think its the other way around. Great talent shouldnt have to beg for an offer."

Translated = I think my players are awesome, they play in South Florida, therefore I think they should automatically have offers to play at Miami. See also: Entitled.

This thought process often flows from the Coaches to the families to the players.

I have to agree with Pete, great talent shouldn't have to beg for an offer. It either you want them or you don't. Blame Luke all you want, but this is not his creation. The staff need to stop dropping the ball.

Golden and his staff have really cr^pped the bed when it comes to recruiting. His two first (full year) recruiting classed are nothing short of a hot mess!!

Some of you might make excuses that Golden is battling negative recruiting from other schools and the pending sanctions. Well excuses are for losers.

The last several recruiting classes have been void of great talent and that should be apparent to everyone!!!

The three major recruiting services (Scout, Rivals & ESPN) only rank our 2012 class in the top 10 and the 2013 class in the top 20. Both Scout and Rivals have the 2014 class in the top 10 (ESPN's rankings are not out yet). It is pretty clear that Golden is not getting it done on the recruiting side since he has not signed a top 5 class.

Some of you Golden slurpers will say that it isn't about stars, but talent evaluations. Well I say bullsh!t!!! The great Cooker era tells us different and Golden has proven that he cannot evaluate talent at da U. He should be fired for giving Rashawn Scott, Eddie Johnson, Gunter and Olsen Pierre scholarships. It is too early to form an opinion on players like Hoilett, Cawford, Jenkins and Figs, but the early reads are not good!!!

Hopefully the 2014 recruiting class will get Golden fired. There is all this talent in Florida and he only has 5 commits 10 months prior to NSD?!?!? Why in the world would he accept a commitment from Yearby when Cook and Sony are still on the board??

I hope everyone sees how incompetent Golden is. We would be so lucky if we can bring back Shannon. No doubt that we would have MNW and BTW on lockdown. After all those are the only two schools that we need in order to compete for a national title.

I hope my sarcasm came through clearly.

Advertisement
I have to agree with Pete, great talent shouldn't have to beg for an offer. It either you want them or you don't. Blame Luke all you want, but this is not his creation. The staff need to stop dropping the ball.

Golden and his staff have really cr^pped the bed when it comes to recruiting. His two first (full year) recruiting classed are nothing short of a hot mess!!

Some of you might make excuses that Golden is battling negative recruiting from other schools and the pending sanctions. Well excuses are for losers.

The last several recruiting classes have been void of great talent and that should be apparent to everyone!!!

The three major recruiting services (Scout, Rivals & ESPN) only rank our 2012 class in the top 10 and the 2013 class in the top 20. Both Scout and Rivals have the 2014 class in the top 10 (ESPN's rankings are not out yet). It is pretty clear that Golden is not getting it done on the recruiting side since he has not signed a top 5 class.

Some of you Golden slurpers will say that it isn't about stars, but talent evaluations. Well I say bullsh!t!!! The great Cooker era tells us different and Golden has proven that he cannot evaluate talent at da U. He should be fired for giving Rashawn Scott, Eddie Johnson, Gunter and Olsen Pierre scholarships. It is too early to form an opinion on players like Hoilett, Cawford, Jenkins and Figs, but the early reads are not good!!!

Hopefully the 2014 recruiting class will get Golden fired. There is all this talent in Florida and he only has 5 commits 10 months prior to NSD?!?!? Why in the world would he accept a commitment from Yearby when Cook and Sony are still on the board??

I hope everyone sees how incompetent Golden is. We would be so lucky if we can bring back Shannon. No doubt that we would have MNW and BTW on lockdown. After all those are the only two schools that we need in order to compete for a national title.

I hope my sarcasm came through clearly.

Crystal clear! +1000

Terrible thread.

This is a mentality that has really only happened recently. It's comparable to being a PG in NYC. Part of the problem is the role of "mentors" in south florida. College coaches actually despise recruiting in south florida ( but they all know that they have too). So this entitled mentality is something that is just from the fans but prominent college coaches.

/end this ****** thread

I see this phrase thrown around here a lot, but what exactly is it supposed to mean?

Along those same lines, I was just talking to someone very entrenched in the recruiting culture down here and he said, "I hear a lot how players down here act too privileged but I think its the other way around. Great talent shouldnt have to beg for an offer."

Something I've noticed is that there are a lot of kids that are potential back-up options down the line that the staff has yet to get in contact with. What happens when the plan A doesn't come through? It's too late to get in on the race. Miami tried getting Skai Moore last minute this year, but they hadn't talked to him at all for the months leading up to that. Does that make him entitled? Just trying to understand what a lot of you mean.

Uh, gee, thanks Mike Bakas.

I understand that as a fan following a 16/17/18 year old's recruitment I am partially to blame for how these kids act. So my only real complaint is when they troll fanbases and/or coaching staffs, play games in the media but then get butthurt when a school starts playing the same games. They start looking at other players at the same position when they said they wouldn't. They revoke their scholarship, or the offer to the kid's friend. "Well if we aren't going to get HS stud X, why the **** are we still offering his friend who isn't all that good in the first place?"

THEN they get outraged about how the school is treating them despite the fact that they want to do the hat game from a helicopter hovering over the NC game.

Advertisement
So Legif is indirectly calling people out? Provide examples then.

To answer your question, I dont think recruits feel entitled, it is some coaches and/or handlers that have that sense of entitlement. Some recruits over the years may display diva characteristics, but I dont see the entitlement thing.

How am I calling anybody out? I'm asking a legitimate question.
Are you trolling, or serious?

If you're serious, you might want to learn something about logic and rhetoric before you keep porsting. Because your porst is a clear passive agressive whiny call out of folks you wont even name. And all your responses are 100% out of the bakas play book. It's amazing to me that we get free of Canestime and D$ finds someone to recreate it over here. If you don't understand what you're doing, just stop creating dumb threads.

Advertisement
So Legif is indirectly calling people out? Provide examples then.

To answer your question, I dont think recruits feel entitled, it is some coaches and/or handlers that have that sense of entitlement. Some recruits over the years may display diva characteristics, but I dont see the entitlement thing.

How am I calling anybody out? I'm asking a legitimate question.
Are you trolling, or serious?

If you're serious, you might want to learn something about logic and rhetoric before you keep porsting. Because your porst is a clear passive agressive whiny call out of folks you wont even name. And all your responses are 100% out of the bakas play book. It's amazing to me that we get free of Canestime and D$ finds someone to recreate it over here. If you don't understand what you're doing, just stop creating dumb threads.

And the one player he used as an example is a kid nobody ever referred to as "entitled." If anything it was a kid most of us were hoping UM would go after. If a lot of people are calling a lot of recruits entitled, it should be easy to name the posters and name the recruits.

I guess I'm looking at this thread from a different perspective. I'm not saying either side is right, but I think what Pete's thread definitely tells me is that there is some discontent out there, and Golden and crew better figure out how to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand. He WILL NOT win if he isn't on the same page with most of the south florida community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back