"Entitled" South Florida Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised with this thread since Peter worships people like uncle Luke.

Advertisement
Like most, I have felt the frustration associated with So. Fla. kids playing games with the "U". However, when we set our emotions aside we might see other reasons a youngster leaves "home". First, So. Fla is at the end of a very long peninsula. Many of these kids have never been out of the state. Many want to see the world. Playing at UM is not going to solve that problem. Some kids come from a negative home life. They may feel they need to get away from So. Fla. Third, you have kids desperate for attention. Many have never received any positive attention. That's why "building a relationship" with coaches is a major factor in recruiting. For the first time in their lives, someone is telling them they are the best thing since sliced bread. All these kids are immature and don't have the life experience to deal with the attention.

However, there is one factor that will mitigate the affects of the others...WIN and WIN BIG. It's coming and when it does, the kids will fall back on reason #2 for choosing a school...a winning program. Let's not get too wound around the axle about these kids unpredictability. Winning solves a lot of problems.

:cigar:

Find one instance where someone used that phrase/word regarding Skai Moore. What a terrible example.

Not to mention, for every Skai Moore example (calling him up lat minute) you can find a Denver Kirkland, an entitled SoFla recruit who drags Miami along, for the entire cycle, sets a deadline he doesn't keep and then starts a **** show when UM won't go past the deadline. Or an Alex Collins who told everyone on the staff, including his mother, he was going to UM only to declare for Arkansas a couple of hours later. Or, I can't recall his name right now (Rudolph)? Guys like him who only use their UM commitment to get interest from and then commit to other schools.

GETTHEFUKOUTTAHEREWITHTHATBULL****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Find one instance where someone used that phrase/word regarding Skai Moore. What a terrible example.

Not to mention, for every Skai Moore example (calling him up lat minute) you can find a Denver Kirkland, an entitled SoFla recruit who drags Miami along, for the entire cycle, sets a deadline he doesn't keep and then starts a **** show when UM won't go past the deadline. Or an Alex Collins who told everyone on the staff, including his mother, he was going to UM only to declare for Arkansas a couple of hours later. Or, I can't recall his name right now (Rudolph)? Guys like him who only use their UM commitment to get interest from and then commit to other schools.

GETTHEFUKOUTTAHEREWITHTHATBULL****.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
What's even funnier, if it wasn't for Matt Thomas and his never coming to UM ***, Skai Moore would have gotten his offer much earlier.

What's even funnier, if it wasn't for Matt Thomas and his never coming to UM ***, Skai Moore would have gotten his offer much earlier.

Exactly, when schollies are low you take each one seriously and Thomas played around and Skai got the worst of it but nobody seems to ever want to talk about that

I am not saying all the SoFla kids act entitled and I am definitely not saying that the staff has handled each kid and situation perfectly, because they haven't. However, there has definitely been a good amount of local kids that have strung UM along and played games with the staff. Those also seem to be the situations that get the most attention and the most posts on the board, that's why you get the broad statements, but that's just the way life is.

If you're a D1 prospect and you live in South Florida then you've been getting recruited since you were in 8th grade. (whether it be by high schools or optimist programs)

You have multiple high schools down here that recruit kids from all over and they promise them all kinds of crap and tell them that they deserve this or that.

Considering some of the stories I hear from kids, it's no wonder that some of these prospects think their **** don't stink by the time they're ready to sign an LOI. It also has alot to do with what high school the kid goes to and who the coaches are. Good coaches don't let their kids make a mockery of the recruiting process, that's why you never see STA kids act foolish during recruitment. But then you got these brothas off the street that coach at some of these urban schools who tell the kids "Nah lil' bruh you da best in da NATION! Let dem collegez know they owe you!"

Advertisement
So Legif is indirectly calling people out? Provide examples then.

To answer your question, I dont think recruits feel entitled, it is some coaches and/or handlers that have that sense of entitlement. Some recruits over the years may display diva characteristics, but I dont see the entitlement thing.

How am I calling anybody out? I'm asking a legitimate question.

Because you wouldn't know talent if it hit you in the unibrow. I will trust the pros on who they offer when. Last I checked Golden and staff get paid millions to run a program. Your "sources" get paid a grand to run extra curricular high school athletics, and you are yet to earn a paycheck. Go back to beggin' college athletes for a photo op.

/preciate your info though.

Advertisement
This is what happens when 18 year olds try to be smart.

Zero insight.

if we offer all the plan B`s then we don't get plan A`s, would you really be happy if grace and skai committed early and we stopped recruiting MT without knowing he was going to Benedict Arnold us? hind sight is 20/20

I have to agree with Pete, great talent shouldn't have to beg for an offer. It either you want them or you don't. Blame Luke all you want, but this is not his creation. The staff need to stop dropping the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back