Entire UM Baseball Staff ....

Yikes, talk about ugly, I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. So Jim the last two years of your tenure at Miami what did you do...well we managed to miss a regional in both years something not done in four decades.

Advertisement
Agreed. He decided to take a victory lap instead of leaving at a time when fans would appreciate what he did. I feel like fans would have acknowledged that he was stepping down for the good of the program so that we could start building for the future again. Instead, he walks away having left the team in shambles with a successor who didn't earn his spot.

Two of the biggest mistakes in college athletics is to allow a coach to stay on as long as he wants because of his storied past and, even worse,
not having a thorough and objective search for a head coach without any influence of nepotism.
So what does this school do?
They let Morris stick around long enough to destroy the program and then (apparently) allow one of the biggest donors to hand-pick
Morris' successor.
Two major fails.
No coach has any right to stick around as long as they want because of their achievements - not when performance is suffering.
We saw what happened at Penn State, f$u, and VT in football.
And don't get me started on the Tomato family.
What a clusterphk.......this Athletic Director is a ball-less and clue-less incompetent.

Imagine if T. Boone Pickens was allowed to pick Okie State's next football coach, and picked his son. Okie State would be a nationwide laughingstock.

Advertisement
Maybe us fans need to ask the university why there hasn't been the upgrades needed for the baseball.but it won't solve the problem.and this started way before 2008.when we were winning and going to Omaha on a reg basis.the canes played a sound defense ,good pitching and good hitters.the teams I've watched the last decade seem to be missing one of those ingrdients.like the football team during that time we seem to have forgotten the fundamentals on how to play baseball.

Yes. Catching the ball and running the bases effectively shouldn't require the best facilities in the nation. Our obvious decline in those areas clearly falls on the coaches.

Advertisement
Back