Enough is enough

Remember when Hightower first came on the scene? Everyone was raving about his ability to go up and get the ball. He was expected to crack the rotation and contribute right away. I would have thought his progression would have continued and by now he would be a starter. Kind of surprised on how his career has gone so far. We could use a guy that uses his body and goes up and gets the ball.
Started balling right away in spring, made some plays against LSU and then disappeared. I know he was injured for a while but it's been strange, especially with 2 staffs.

Advertisement
Remember when Hightower first came on the scene? Everyone was raving about his ability to go up and get the ball. He was expected to crack the rotation and contribute right away. I would have thought his progression would have continued and by now he would be a starter. Kind of surprised on how his career has gone so far. We could use a guy that uses his body and goes up and gets the ball.

We’ve seen multiple examples of coaches not playing the best players and not having them learn multiple positions. It’s why Rousseau didn’t play much early. Ragone playing today over anyone else. Ivey over blades. On and on

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Receivers should be a dime a dozen. Least of my worries for this situation is WR #7/8

While true, our receivers have played like @ss with drops, poor blocking and terrible route running. Wiggins has a ton of athletic ability but doesn’t use his hands or body to get separation and drops way too many balls. Harley has all kinds of speed but runs bad routs and fights the ball all the time. Thomas has some of the worst body language ever and doesn’t always seem in the game. Pope will flash then not show effort or disappear.

If WRs were a dime a dozen guys should be running open every play and scoring all the time. They aren’t.

Advertisement
While true, our receivers have played like @ss with drops, poor blocking and terrible route running. Wiggins has a ton of athletic ability but doesn’t use his hands or body to get separation and drops way too many balls. Harley has all kinds of speed but runs bad routs and fights the ball all the time. Thomas has some of the worst body language ever and doesn’t always seem in the game. Pope will flash then not show effort or disappear.

If WRs were a dime a dozen guys should be running open every play and scoring all the time. They aren’t.
And WR #7 can’t crack that...

Advertisement
Back