Enough is enough

hightower did get his chances early on and didnt produce. dont know the number of snaps obviously, but i did see wiggins make more plays with the ball so far this year. at the end of the day, it doesnt matter. BH is gone. he isnt a cane and wont be one ever again. wiggins is and i hope he continues to improve.
No one other than Osborne and Jordan is producing. All valid points you raise however. Next year has the potential to be an unmitigated disaster.

Advertisement
And I remember people blasting him for his drops when he was here especially the one against ND.

he wasnt good in indy, but im glad hes playing well in NE (brady helps). the ND drops were bad tho, but remmeber were not pats fans, were canes fans. he dropped perfectly thrown balls to him in a big spot in chicago against ND. it changed the game early on. either way, glad hes doing well now, but this is a canes forum so we will blast guys or prop guys up for making or not making plays. just how it works when youre a fan of a team

No one other than Osborne and Jordan is producing. All valid points you raise however. Next year has the potential to be an unmitigated disaster.

weve some flashes from the other guys but none on a consistent basis. my point was (obviously injuries happen so i wont hold it against a player for getting hurt), hightower has been here for 1.5 years and i havent seen much aside from the LSU game that was a long time ago now. look, it sucks it didnt work out for him here, but it happens. some kids bust, some need a fresh start, but i wont be wishing him luck. thats my entire point essentially. it may be wrong or unfair or could be a host of other things, but its how i feel.

Positions are performance driven..............catch the ball, earn more playing time. Learn to block, and do the job, more playing time.
The Coaches and plays are a whole different matter, but when the ball comes to you, or you need to block..........do it and make things happen.

When you throw a guy a pass, and he drops it, how is that on coaching, considering that JV high school players all over America can catch basic passes?
It’s on coaching..what are the coaches doing to help our players..who putting in that work as coaches to make sure our guys take this seriously...Stubbs ain’t doing sh*t...all off season the WR’s should been catching at least 200 balls a day each...doing all kinds of hand eye coordination stuff...it starts at the top..so if the coaching ain’t good how in the **** do expect the players to develop?

Advertisement
Right, none of us knows anything about sports. We get it.

Just wondering why receivers at places like Wyoming and Rice can catch passes.
You know I wonder the same thing....Cager couldn’t catch until he went to UGA..all of a sudden dude got hands..wow..maybe it’s the city of Miami to much to do instead of working on your game to get better....

You know I wonder the same thing....Cager couldn’t catch until he went to UGA..all of a sudden dude got hands..wow..maybe it’s the city of Miami to much to do instead of working on your game to get better....

Cager isn't even a top 200 receiver. You guys saw him catch one TD on TV and all of a sudden he was "ballin out".

It’s on coaching..what are the coaches doing to help our players..who putting in that work as coaches to make sure our guys take this seriously...Stubbs ain’t doing sh*t...all off season the WR’s should been catching at least 200 balls a day each...doing all kinds of hand eye coordination stuff...it starts at the top..so if the coaching ain’t good how in the **** do expect the players to develop?

Why does elite talent need a position coach to teach him how to catch a basic, wide open pass?

lol cager isnt good there either.

Advertisement
Why does elite talent need a position coach to teach him how to catch a basic, wide open pass?
Sometimes kids struggle with simple things it happens...you keep working..the problem is the kids not putting in the extra work & the coaches ain’t holding them accountable for it..to say why do elite talent needs a coach to help them catch a pass says it all....

Sometimes kids struggle with simple things it happens...you keep working..the problem is the kids not putting in the extra work & the coaches ain’t holding them accountable for it..to say why do elite talent needs a coach to help them catch a pass says it all....

Fine, so he isn't an elite player and has questionable work ethic. That's all you had to say. Our coaches have to be able to take entitled players who aren't as good as advertised and work harder to get them to have success in the most fundamental areas of football.

It wasn't Stubb's fault the kid got hit between the numbers and dropped the ball.

Fine, so he isn't an elite player and has questionable work ethic. That's all you had to say. Our coaches have to be able to take entitled players who aren't as good as advertised and work harder to get them to have success in the most fundamental areas of football.

i wish some of them had the drive that hank who worked on his craft during the summers to get better. ****, even JW worked w his position coach i believe to improve.

Advertisement
Lol at Cager ballin at UGA.

He is averaging his lowest average per catch other than freshman year.

sophomore-14.8
Junior-17.8
Senior-12.9

Lol at Cager ballin at UGA.

He is averaging his lowest average per catch other than freshman year.

sophomore-14.8
Junior-17.8
Senior-12.9

they dont watch other teams. they saw the ND catch and said oh hes awesome. hes actually been worse than in years past

they dont watch other teams. they saw the ND catch and said oh hes awesome. hes actually been worse than in years past

UGA is not throwing the ball downfield. Plus, Cager got hurt early in the USCe game and has been out since then. Prior to the injury he was the go-to WR.

Advertisement
There are only so many reps to go around. Who was he going to take them from?

JT? Osborn? Pope?

Wiggins, like Hightower has had drop issues, but he compensates for that by being far more explosive.

He wanted more playing time, didn't get it, and took off. Happens every single day in college football.

It is what it is.

Wiggins is more explosive but runs terrible routes and never uses his body/hands to create separation. If he did, he would be open all the time. Same with Harley.

I don't think Hightower got a fair shake to this point. Yes he's had drops....so have Wiggins, Harley, and Jordan the last 2 years. For how explosive Wiggins is, why doesn't he impact games more, especially against lower competition? Hightower lead this team in catches against Bethune (5) and tied with Brevin and Harley with catch against CMU (3). Why not as much in other games? I see him and Pope on the field the least of all WR.

I haven't liked or understood our WR rotation since last year. We put small guys running big guy routes and vice versa. We have slower guys run sweeps with the fast guys blocking. We put all small guys out there at one time without a bigger security blanket with a large catch readius. We run fades to guys without the best leaping ability. I really don't think the coaches have done well with this WR crew....old staff or new staff. We heard the WR room was on the verge of a mutiny with Dugans.

Do i think Hightower left too early? Absolutely. It was no secret Dee couldn't stand Cooney.....so if he was meddling on top of the stuff above, i can see why Hightower is looking to go.

Advertisement
Back