Enos and Baker Pressers

Enos seems a bit uneasy. Baker is his usual self.
source.gif

Advertisement
Enos lost me at “I didn’t watch either of those games.” Give me someone that watches other guys and takes the best of what he sees. If Enos is ok with what he’s putting out there every weekend, he’s a lost cause. Having a staff full of arrogant pricks, who can do no wrong is getting old.
In those games I saw two teams who played horrible defense..didn’t tackle too bad angles and blew coverages..anytime a score is like that those are just two horrible defensive teams

In those games I saw two teams who played horrible defense..didn’t tackle too bad angles and blew coverages..anytime a score is like that those are just two horrible defensive teams

I hope you’re talking like he was, bc those are two pretty good defenses.

Runs the offense as if he has Alabama's talent, wrong fit for the program at this time. When your plan doesn't work, get a new plan.
That's the one thing that I can't grasp about Enos' offense. We run a lot of those same concepts, but choose to do it out of I-formation where his playcalling tendencies make it easy for defenses to key in on certain plays.

Advertisement
I will say that sometimes that as a coach you are so deep into the minutia that you can't see the forest because of the trees
Enos lost me at “I didn’t watch either of those games.” Give me someone that watches other guys and takes the best of what he sees. If Enos is ok with what he’s putting out there every weekend, he’s a lost cause. Having a staff full of arrogant pricks, who can do no wrong is getting old.
Do you know why one of the reasons Clemson beat bama last year? Saban said that Clemson called plays/concepts that other teams had used that were successful against them. Maybe he should have taken notice.
Here's my thing he's been under a staff that used shot gun primarily and he's seen first hand how explosive it can be. He even admitted that it was good to have been under that scheme where he learned certain principles and that he planned to incorporate them going forward. But he's reverted back to his previous tendencies which Manny apparently was a fan of. So 1. I question Manny's judgement especially given the landscape of college football today and analytics (reminds me of the Nix hire by Shannon bc he gave his defense problems), and 2. With respect to Enos a coach who is unwilling to change in the face of mounting evidence that his scheme does not work in today's landscape with the current talent (OL) he has on the roster. And let's be real. At Arkansas Bret Bielema was all about having BIG hogs (pun intended) on the OL like Denver Kirkland and even with all those big guys up front Enos' offenses still didn't really produce. And now we (Manny) expects him to produce with a weaker OL and it's not like we have ever brought in those big hogs. This was an utter fail by Manny by 1. Bringing him in as OC after his statement about being aggressive on offense just like the defense and 2. Giving him carte blanche to pick his offensive staff.

For a guy who is big on analytics he sure blew this one unless he was so arrogant as to think we only needed marginal improvement from the previous year and the defense would hold down the fort. Either way bad judgment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. 11 team defense in the country, Virginia is. So, yes that was a good team victory, Mr. Calvin.

Yes sir my Brotha, they will be a consistent force, they also played well against notre shame. Im sure coach diaz is glad what happened the last 2 games with perry playing the way he has, its either going to elevate jw15's game or perry is going to take back over as he should've been in the first place. It was comical watching people post how we should beat V-tech, for some reason people over looked it was bud foster vs jw15, i went with bud, he of all people was definitely going to tell his db's to sit on routes, once perry got in the game, bud had that look on his face, UH OH, here goes one of them Miami guys. 2 players that need to wait their turn, mallory and jarren. You can make the case that pope should redshirt to as well. One things for certain, the days of handing out participation trophies at wideout seem to be gone as long as coach stubblefield is here, if all the guys stick it out, we're going to have an ****nal at wideout come next year, especially if jt4 comes back and is healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone in the media please ask this fool...

"Hey Dan, this offense is now ranked 94th in scoring after 6 games. Miami has recruited top 25 classes for 5 straight years. What adjustments do you think need to be made to get this offense scoring more effectively the rest of the year?"

And if he says execution, he can GTFO of Miami

Advertisement
Back