Enos Already Testing the QBs

Yep. 2 examples out of 50 years of modern football. You win.
Blake bortles jags
Tim Tebow’s Broncos
Mark Sanchez jets
Eli Manning NYG super bowl years (overrated) strong run game and D were very good
Brad Johnson bucs
Peyton Manning’s last season
Early Tom Brady’s pats

There are more examples of teams who protected a QB and masked bad/mediocre QBs play and still had good to great team success. It can happen IF the D is great along with the Olines playing well or dominant. Along with the football gods being on your side for certain situations lol. NOW in regards to college football..the last champion ship who with limited talented at QB was probably 2002 Ohio State or 09’ Bama

Advertisement
Jesus, this fan base turned on Perry quick.
I don’t think he’ll take another snap as a Cane, but there’s no reason to treat the kid this way.

IDK about that. Considering his short time here he has done an impressive amount of dumb sh*t

This is why I wouldn't count out Perry, yet. He has physical gifts. If he has it between the ears then he might surprise.
When does 1+ 1 equal anything more than 2. I dont care how bad ur qb coach is if you cant throw and complete routinely on very basic routes... yes a qb coach helps for sure but let's not act like it requires a act of god.

Advertisement
When does 1+ 1 equal anything more than 2. I dont care how bad ur qb coach is if you cant throw and complete routinely on very basic routes... yes a qb coach helps for sure but let's not act like it requires a act of god.

Exactly

He may help with certain things but overall you are what you are

For example Rosier was who he was no matter who coached him

The Steve Young Bucs is one of your examples? That’s funny. Trent did what was asked of him. “**** on toast” he was not. Hat tip to OBM for use of the word “****”.

Go Canes!

I'm not sure **** on toast is a good thing.

In Dilfer's defense, I believe he was a much better QB than credit has been given.

When you watch discussions on the Raven's SB run, it's almost as if they speak of the win in spite of Dilfer's contributions.

As for Steve Young, my point is the Bucs were awful when he was there and he wasn't viewed as a keeper.

He goes to the 49s dynasty and ends up in the HOF asnone of the greats. I suspect Canton isn't in the cards if he stayed at Tampa.

Same with Favre and Falcons.

Since 2002, there have been a total of two AFC teams in the superbowl with quarterbacks not named Brady, Manning, or Rothlesberger.

And those three organizations have been considered the "elite" in terms of coaching, roster management, salary cap, etc.

Without question three HOF QBs above, but they were enabled by three of the best run, top to bottom, organizations.

With Brady, are they even going to bother to vote?

Advertisement
I'm sure none of our Qb's has the position 100% figured out, just hope they ALL are learning and Greentree will determine who is ready. Weldon pushes Kosi - Kosi pushes Jarren -Jarren pushes Tate ...Let's go fellas!

Advertisement
They are but two examples of many.

With that said, the QB1 position is important--no question.

I just feel there are more ways (and better risk/reward) than a team constantly shooting for their "superstar" QB. Team play makes a QB look better/worse far more than acknowledged.

The market has become perverse and distorted.
Some People don’t realize how much scheme (and scheming) can impact a QB.

Yep. 2 examples out of 50 years of modern football. You win.
Not only that, they're really not that modern.

Steve Young on a terrible Bucs team was 35 years ago.
Trent Dilfer on a fantastic Ravens team was 19 years ago.

The game is totally different now and teams rely on a quarterback more than ever.

Advertisement
Tell that to last year's defense.

Agree you win and lose as a team, but there isn't a single conference champion-potential playoff team out there that doesn't have an elite quarterback.

We can win the Coastal with average under center, but that's where it will end every year.
NC teams have elite QB play. They also have elite coaching, which goes a long way in terms of making the QB play elite.

NC teams have elite QB play. They also have elite coaching, which goes a long way in terms of making the QB play elite.

Agree but nobody was going to make Malik elite. Guys like Tua, Lawrence and Murray came in as super elite talents and were taken to the highest levels by great coaching.

Advertisement
Back