Enos Already Testing the QBs

Advertisement
One of my sauces sent me one of the quiz questions:
"Scenario: you have trips formation right, have tunnel screen called to weakside against Cover Zero defense
Do you.....
a) run the play
b) call timeout
c) audible to strongside run
d) zoom in camera for money shot on teammate's girl

Please show work.

One of my sauces sent me one of the quiz questions:
"Scenario: you have trips formation right, have tunnel screen called to weakside against Cover Zero defense
Do you.....
a) run the play
b) call timeout
c) audible to strongside run
d) zoom in camera for money shot on teammate's girl

Please show work.
Kosi circles d)
Attaches one of his films as proof of work

Advertisement
Seriously... 20-29 2tds and a pic and look at the highlights from him, it is insane. I wonder if Richts tried to change his throwing style so much that it screwed everything else up.

Spoiler he was always garbage and to think otherwise is crazy.

Its already known perry wasnt dedicated to the mental side of the game and his film study has always been weak, come game time when he would come over to the sidelines after a failed series and coach richt would ask him certain simple qb questions like what are you seeing, he'd give the wrong answer, which is the makn reason why he kept getting benched, coach richt gave that man every opportunity to seized the starting job and as a 2nd year player he just wasnt ready to do it. Now going into year 3, had he been in the same offense he might have made good strides, but now, going into a new offensive system, everybody is on even ground once again, he'll have to show maturity, coach richt had to bench for alot of things he did and was doing, several programs would have dismissed him by now, thats why you gotta respect coach richt cause he's not trying to throw players away.

This new offensive change is going to be good for all the offensive players, i cant see things being worst or the same as last year, its go time.

Perry hasn't shown the leadership, mental capacity/discipline for film study etc or judgment to lead the team. Enos/Manny won't accept it. I'd be shocked if he sees another snap.

Did you watch the film? He actually threw downfield quite a bit. One big difference I noticed is how much faster he got the ball out. Richt's coaching ruined him.
I think Rosier regressed in 2018 due to all of the following, among other things:

1) the OL play was not as good in 2018 as it was in 2017. He had plenty of time to throw downfield against Duke;
2) losing big & reliable targets like Herndon (who also was a great blocker) & the older Njoku really hurt. Our young WRs (and others like Cager) dropped too many balls in 2018;
3) the fan criticism, media questions & pressure probably wore on Malik as his play got progressively worse;
4) he (Malik) simply had a bad season. It happens with QBs at every level. It happens with guys on the PGA Tour & in many other professional sports too;
5) the WRs got increasingly frustrated with his inaccuracy over time (you could see reactions in-game) which created negative vibes for the whole offense;
6) the WR group was IMHO poorly managed by the former WR coach (Dugans); and
7) the old QB coach likely didn't help much either.

What is crystal clear is that we need highly competent play out of the next starting QB. We have a great new OC/QB coach, our top WR back in the program (JT4), great transfers & new recruits, competition at the QB position, some elite young talent on offense and an awesome HC. I'm very optimistic that the offense will improve significantly given all of the above. With quality OL play & a consistently solid QB, we would have a strong offense because we are blessed with tremendous young talent with players like Brevin, Lingard, Davis, Mallory, Hightower, Payton (in addition to JT4 and other dynamic players on offense). If Enos can get the ball to those talented young players in space, they should be devastating opponents with their speed.

Let's not forget how much Rosier relied on Berrios last year.

Advertisement
Perry hasn't shown the leadership, mental capacity/discipline for film study etc or judgment to lead the team. Enos/Manny won't accept it. I'd be shocked if he sees another snap.
His QB coach didn't show any leadership discipline for film study or any of that either. He wanted to spend all his time in Oregon. Dont be surprised if Perry responds well to better coaching and wins the job.

I understand but players also mature at a different rate, especially when some of them realize its bout to be money time. If he was balling he could actually leave after this season, but that's highly unlikely at this point. He does have the most live game experience out of all the qb's, so im sure he'll be somewhat confident going in, but once he starts getting hit with the new offensive questions, that's what is going to separate and determine who more than likely starts.

I think Rosier regressed in 2018 due to all of the following, among other things:

1) the OL play was not as good in 2018 as it was in 2017. He had plenty of time to throw downfield against Duke;
2) losing big & reliable targets like Herndon (who also was a great blocker) & the older Njoku really hurt. Our young WRs (and others like Cager) dropped too many balls in 2018;
3) the fan criticism, media questions & pressure probably wore on Malik as his play got progressively worse;
4) he (Malik) simply had a bad season. It happens with QBs at every level. It happens with guys on the PGA Tour & in many other professional sports too;
5) the WRs got increasingly frustrated with his inaccuracy over time (you could see reactions in-game) which created negative vibes for the whole offense;
6) the WR group was IMHO poorly managed by the former WR coach (Dugans); and
7) the old QB coach likely didn't help much either.

What is crystal clear is that we need highly competent play out of the next starting QB. We have a great new OC/QB coach, our top WR back in the program (JT4), great transfers & new recruits, competition at the QB position, some elite young talent on offense and an awesome HC. I'm very optimistic that the offense will improve significantly given all of the above. With quality OL play & a consistently solid QB, we would have a strong offense because we are blessed with tremendous young talent with players like Brevin, Lingard, Davis, Mallory, Hightower, Payton (in addition to JT4 and other dynamic players on offense). If Enos can get the ball to those talented young players in space, they should be devastating opponents with their speed.

Or he flat out is not that good and definitely not a Miami caliber QB. ****, he might not even be a G5 caliber QB. I do agree that the coaches knew this and failed to make a more simple game plan and scheme adjustment to at least help him out.

Advertisement
That's not true, he loves FILM Studies... Haven't you seen his videos!

Bottom line
May the BEST man win!
If it’s Perry great
If it’s Martell great
If it’s Williams great

I don’t give a flip I just want GOOD QB PLAY!!!!
It’s been 15+ years

Which is an indictment on coaching seeing that good coordinators turn compentence into good Qb play consistently!

Hoping Enos is the real deal

Hoping Enos is ruthless...

.... there needs to be some healthy fear in these prima donnas..

Advertisement
Let's not forget how much Rosier relied on Berrios last year.
Berrios saved our ****s in so many situations.

Also Herndon had some huge catches for us too in the big wins against VT and ND and gave us some really nice mismatches.

Losing both of those guys really did hurt us last season. Even more than I initially thought it would.

They better not cheat
IncomparableSilverHousefly-small.gif

The new OC and quarterback coach was just establishing a base line of each quarterback knowledge of defensive coverage. This is an excellent tool in understanding what has or hasn’t been taught. Perry Weldon Williams and who ever else responses will reflect prior coaching too. Often time, quarterbacks are the product of the offensive scheme. Majority of high school passing schemes are one read and the quarterback runs. For example, review Perry Williams Weldon and Martell HS films and notice same reactions.
Based on your review, no way anyone can say who would become the best quarterback for Canes this coming season. Kosar Dorsey and Walsh were not the best athletes, but they benefited from good coaching: Earl Morrell, Greg etc. Tebow has the heart, work ethics, and love of football fans... but he cannot perform like Brady! The best quarterback will surface because of coaching and his desire to learn how to execute consistently!

Advertisement
Back