End of season Fins mock draft and free agency plan!!

If they take Sewell at #3, they might consider packaging the #22 and #54 for something in the 12-14 range. They could then be more confident in landing someone like Smith or Waddle. Gotta see how the combine buzz works out, too.
I'm greedy and just want two receivers. Grant is terrible at catching and Preston Williams can't stay healthy. If the drop off isn't massive between Smith and Waddle and guys like Toney, Olave and the others projected to go in the top 45 picks a trade up might not be necessary.

Advertisement
Might **** around and end up with the #18 pick for our own selection.

Need to start up with this discussion. Moving on from Tua and which QB to draft.

I've been defending him but always had doubts the whole season. Tua doesn't pop out and wow you. An elite franchise QB works with what he has and elevates the talent around him. I'm not seeing that. It's easy to blame everything on playcalling but it seems that the Tua is holding back the playcalling, not the other way around.

One of his glaring issues coming out was tendency to hold the ball too long. That's still noticeable. What I did not expect is some questionable decision making, late throws, etc. Throws just does not look effortless.

We have the means and luxury to move on. I also think this QB class is better than 2022. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I wonder if Miami's loss, placing Tennessee in, changes the Titans' plans for the day. That could be death to the Dolphins' #3 pick.

I wonder if Miami's loss, placing Tennessee in, changes the Titans' plans for the day. That could be death to the Dolphins' #3 pick.
Divison still in play and better seeding. They'd face Bills if they lose I believe.

Advertisement
Divison still in play and better seeding. They'd face Bills if they lose I believe.
Right. I just wonder if they'll sit Henry or the like in protection. It'd be a dumb move because they'd have to go play @Pitt or @Buff. But, just out here concerned about #3.

Need to start up with this discussion. Moving on from Tua and which QB to draft.

I've been defending him but always had doubts the whole season. Tua doesn't pop out and wow you. An elite franchise QB works with what he has and elevates the talent around him. I'm not seeing that. It's easy to blame everything on playcalling but it seems that the Tua is holding back the playcalling, not the other way around.

One of his glaring issues coming out was tendency to hold the ball too long. That's still noticeable. What I did not expect is some questionable decision making, late throws, etc. Throws just does not look effortless.

We have the means and luxury to move on. I also think this QB class is better than 2022. Thoughts?
Tua’s ball placement is so erratic as well. And today really shined a light on his inability to move past his first read and tendency to really force the ball. He could’ve easily thrown another 2 picks doing exactly that and overall could’ve thrown six picks in the one half he’s finally been asked to sling it. Against backups no less.

On a day he needed to put on a good showing to defend his right to be the unquestioned starter and future of this team he lays one of the biggest eggs ever. No reason for the Dolphins to not pull a Cardinals/Murray situation and just cut the cord if they like who’s available with the, hopefully, third pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back