Empty Yards make D looks worse than actual performance

ageezy

Cane til I Die
we gave up 518 ... can we agree about 130 yards of that was garbage time ... we controlled the game the entire 4th quarter but cunningham and tutu racked up numbers ... also we played alot of young guys ... no excuses, not declaring the defense as great or terrible ... if we talking facts, when the game was in the balance we were solid

Advertisement
we gave up 518 ... can we agree about 130 yards of that was garbage time ... we controlled the game the entire 4th quarter but cunningham and tutu racked up numbers ... also we played alot of young guys ... no excuses, not declaring the defense as great or terrible ... if we talking facts, when the game was in the balance we were solid
Sounds like excuses.

we were solid lol

they kept running the same **** play over and over and kept finding the same guys wide open. It was so reminiscent to bobby petrino running the crossing route over and over against randy shannon way back.

great win, I'm proud of lashlee and the offense.. but if scoring 40 points is required to win every game, why even have a defensive coordinator?

baker just doesn't make adjustments the way diaz used to is the bottom line. There were points where Louisville was just going up and down the field with ease.

Advertisement
no excuses, the yardage total is real ... but was the game in the balance when that happened or had we pulled away ...
not really. It was a 14 point game with under 1 minute left in the 3rd. How many yards did they have through 3 quarter? How many did we have?

Some wins are going to be shootouts. It's college football. That's the way it goes. Last year, Bama gave up 31 to Ole Miss and 28 to A&M.

Unless your name is Clemson going up against teams that are wildly outmatched in the ACC where it's basically NFL vs College level talent, you're going to consistently give up points.

With that being said, LBs look slow and out of position consistently. Would like to see Avery get more PT. BJ doesn't look like the answer from the limited sample size. DL was good not great. DBs were fine, didn't get tested much...I imagine they'll struggle against teams with a decent passing QB though.

Advertisement
we were solid lol

they kept running the same **** play over and over and kept finding the same guys wide open. It was so reminiscent to bobby petrino running the crossing route over and over against randy shannon way back.

great win, I'm proud of lashlee and the offense.. but if scoring 40 points is required to win every game, why even have a defensive coordinator?

baker just doesn't make adjustments the way diaz used to is the bottom line. There were points where Louisville was just going up and down the field with ease.
Harry Douglas on a Thursday night in The OB, remember it like it was yesterday. 🤦‍♂️

If this was a one off, you can try to make that case. But we shown the rest of the league, despite Lashlee, you can still take advantage of our defense.

we were solid lol

We won’t need to score 40 to win every game.

You can’t compare Louisville’s offense to GT, FSU, Pitt or Duke.

They have the second best offense we’ll face all season.

Those delayed CB & LB blitzes make me lose my shít. Baker needs to be replaced
Its not that they're delayed, they just blitz from too far off the ball. Its like Baker doesn't know his LBers can move closer to the line of scrimmage. Donofrio was notorious for these blitzes coming from 10 yards away. Now we gotta live through this **** all over again, smh

Advertisement
We won’t need to score 40 to win every game.

You can’t compare Louisville’s offense to GT, FSU, Pitt or Duke.

They have the second best offense we’ll face all season.
We play Clemson and UNC, you're giving them too much credit. But any half way decent OC will be able to easily out scheme Baker.

Advertisement
We play Clemson and UNC, you're giving them too much credit. But any half way decent OC will be able to easily out scheme Baker.

Louisville will score more points than UNC this year.

And your final statement missed one small little additional detail. Any coordinator WITH TALENT will score points/outscheme Baker.

Just like they will against every team they play, regardless of who the DC is.

Advertisement
Back