Empty Yards make D looks worse than actual performance

Advertisement
It's almost a brand new defense. Baker basically had to start from scratch after 2019 in terms of personnel.

DE:

Roche - DNP
Phillips - DNP
Harvey - played a few snaps
Cam - DNP

DT:

Ford, Silvera, Miller - played regularly
Hunte, Blissett, Holley - a few snaps between them

LB:

McCloud - made 1 start at WLB
Brooks - made 1 start at WLB
Jennings - DNP
Steed - DNP

DB:

Carter, Blades, Hall, Ivey - played regularly

Frierson, Couch, Bolden, Smith - played some but were not counted on each week.

8 starters gone.
Spring was cut short.
Offseason was a challenge.
These players need time.
Had to replace 6 of front 7 and top 4 top DEs from last year with best player returning quitting on team.

LB couldnt get corched up so Ragone is still more ready

I love this new dumb argument that we have a good/high tempo offense so our defense will likely suck *** sometimes.

Forget that we aren’t coached up or even lined up well. It’s just - we have an offense now. WTF.

This website is actually detrimental to my mental health. I hate all of you so, so, SO much. :/

Advertisement
Not only are we lining up in a manner to lose snaps before they even happen, but players are playing slow like they’re overthinking things and it’s just highlighted that much more when we vacate half the field every play thanks to baker

We don’t have an elite defense but **** people stop living in 1990, NO ONE shuts down every offense anymore. Would anyone take LSUs season last year? I sure as **** would and check how many points they gave up... and not just to Bama and OU but to scrubs like Vandy and Ole Miss, it’s a different college football, get with the times.

Our ****** LBer and CB play make our defense look worse than it is...any kid in the country that plays either position should be begging to get in cause if they can stand up, breathe and stay within 5 yds of a receiver they will immediately be no worse than a backup in this defense with any of them that can fall down in front of a guy to make a tackle being an immediate starter.

Not only are we lining up in a manner to lose snaps before they even happen, but players are playing slow like they’re overthinking things and it’s just highlighted that much more when we vacate half the field every play thanks to baker
While I am not in agreement with the continued bashing, You Sir, make a great point. Thank you!

Advertisement
We don’t have an elite defense but **** people stop living in 1990, NO ONE shuts down every offense anymore. Would anyone take LSUs season last year? I sure as **** would and check how many points they gave up... and not just to Bama and OU but to scrubs like Vandy and Ole Miss, it’s a different college football, get with the times.
STRAIGHT FACTS.

Thank you!

Yup. We had two one-play drives. Look at the TOP . . . 38 minutes (UL) to 21. The defense did not play great but in this new era of spread, tempo, etc., there are more plays and more possessions and the raw numbers will look wonky. We also had some second-teamers in late. And btw, let's give UL some credit. That trio of QB-RB-WR is **** good.

I'd love someone with more football knowledge than I to weigh in, but I feel like our LBs are playing Green Dog blitz a lot. Those delayed blitzes aren't by design, as such - they see the man they're meant to cover staying in to block and they start rushing the passer.

I don't know who's teaching our LBs (I know who's supposed to be teaching them, Diaz), but they take an age to diagnose plays. It's why they get blocked so easily by OL. They're meant to clean up the mess after our DL knifes through and causes havoc, but they're caught flat footed a lot trying to diagnose where the ball is.

Obviously it's not an easy defence for a LB to play in.
It's Garbage LBer coaching...plain and simple...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back