Empty Yards make D looks worse than actual performance

You seem to forget that Louisville had an elite offence, so it was understandable that our defence gave up a lot of yards to them.

Advertisement
Yet we still let them get too close in the forth quarter.
The closest they got was 13 in the 4th

They have a good offense we knew that. We knew they would score points eventually. They made good second half adjustments. We need to make better ones in the future that i dont disagree with

We should have had more points at least 14 more by my count. Game was only close when they cut it to 7 twice in the 3rd

We aren’t going to see that kind of speed again. Possibly not even with Clemson. This Ville team was an outlier, had players that could exploit our weaknesses, and we passed with flying colors. This game was never close.

Bolden is our surest backtackler since Quan.

Nesta Tommy Kennedy’s someone into the backfield at least two or 3 times a game. Idk if it is conditioning, motivational, or what, but if he becomes more consistent he can become a force.

Baker being outschemed is always going to be a concern, and it’ll likely cost us a game we should otherwise win. But an excellent DL, along with King and Lashlee, will keep us in pretty much every contest.

Advertisement
The closest they got was 13 in the 4th

They have a good offense we knew that. We knew they would score points eventually. They made good second half adjustments. We need to make better ones in the future that i dont disagree with

We should have had more points at least 14 more by my count. Game was only close when they cut it to 7 twice in the 3rd
OK, I stand corrected, the 3rd quarter. The point is we made it too easy for them. We can get away with it against Louisville, but do you think a team that actually plays defense (like Clemson) lets us run two plays for 75 yards each?

I'm not concerned about the yardage.

6 points in the first half.
They had a big 3rd quarter.
4th quarter, who cares.

At no time after our 2nd TD did I feel we did not have control of the game.
I we don't get sloppy during our last possession of the first half we could have daggered them and ended the game at 27-6.

We have a very good defense. Not great.
A "trash" defense gets torched by UL throughout the game.

Last edited:
OK, I stand corrected, the 3rd quarter. The point is we made it too easy for them. We can get away with it against Louisville, but do you think a team that actually plays defense (like Clemson) lets us run two plays for 75 yards each?

Oh im counting the Clemson game as an L

We dont have the personnel to hang with them unless we play an absolute perfect perfect game

Clemson, maybe unc is the only other great offense left on the schedule. Louisville weapons are better than unc.

Advertisement
Excuses. Excuse. Excuses. Not buying any garbage time excuse. Defense is trash with anyone with a pulse......as usual.
This year so far we played 1 offense with a pulse.
We shut them down for a half. They had their way for a half.

Let's keep track of how we do vs these O's the rest of the way:

Clemson
NC State
Wake
VT
UNC

we gave up 518 ... can we agree about 130 yards of that was garbage time ... we controlled the game the entire 4th quarter but cunningham and tutu racked up numbers ... also we played alot of young guys ... no excuses, not declaring the defense as great or terrible ... if we talking facts, when the game was in the balance we were solid
Stfu. Garbage time isn’t when it’s a 1-2 score game. Garbage time doesn’t equal “the 4th quarter and a lead”

Advertisement
Advertisement
This year so far we played 1 offense with a pulse.
We shut them down for a half. They had their way for a half.

Let's keep track of how we do vs these O's the rest of the way:

Clemson
NC State
Wake
VT
UNC

I mean, I can tell you how this story ends. Do you want to know?

Like most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in between.

Yes, there were some empty yards that skew the stat sheet. With that said, we have a MAJOR problem at corner opposite Blades. I thought our safety play tonight was OUTSTANDING. The problem with your safeties playing OUTSTANDING is that it usually means they are the ones making tackles downfield and cleaning up the mistakes from those corners.

Again, this defense has some good but definitely some bad to worry about. For as good as our pass rush is, we are definitely susceptible to outside zone runs and counters.

THE most important thing about this season is creating enough buzz around the program to help springboard recruiting. If we can parlay a 10 win season into a top 5 class....I don't give a rat's *** where we end up in the rankings THIS year. Just imagine how much better this team would be right now if the defensive staff had actually recruited better the last 2 years.

Advertisement
Back