Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Starting to get vibes from Emory that he wants to work, compete and make the whole QB room better even if he's not the starter. That's the kind of guy that won't be in a rush to hit the portal at the first sign of not being next up.

Mac Jones was in the same signing class as Tua for Alabama. One can dream.

Anybody that changes their opinion solely because he gets a 4th star never had an opinion.
Nah. Most of us can’t evaluate players well enough to judge them against others. Every year I’ve heard “this player should totally be a 4 star” and the. It never happens. My opinion is based on what professional evaluators think of players.

Starting to get vibes from Emory that he wants to work, compete and make the whole QB room better even if he's not the starter. That's the kind of guy that won't be in a rush to hit the portal at the first sign of not being next up.

That’s my comparison. Mac Jones went to Bama even with Tua going there, waited is turn and blossomed when the spotlight was his.

Advertisement
Seeing that 247 bumped him up a little…better not be the last bump. This kid a 4 star and top 400 player nationally, and perhaps top 300.

Great kid take a listen, not many kids these days wants to come in to a program as part of a two QB class. I have a feeling he will be a leader whether he is the starter or not.

Shot’s fired! Putting ****’s on notice!

He literally has already said what you posted, and said he doesnt mind redshirting. Kid seems to get it..its crazy having the qb room settled I'm almost confused as to what to do.

Advertisement
He literally has already said what you posted, and said he doesnt mind redshirting. Kid seems to get it..its crazy having the qb room settled I'm almost confused as to what to do.
I’ve been a fan of how he handled his recruiting for a bit now. He’s been realistic and straightforward. He knows he wasn’t the first priority and isn’t expecting to come in and play right away. Maybe he eventually becomes a starter, maybe he’s a career backup. Either way you need a guy like this in your QB room. Especially with so many kids ready to jump ship at the first sign of adversity

Shodell had a nice interview with him today for ON3.
williams talked about his experiences at the Elite 11 : his mindset going there was to soak it all in and learn and get better. Said he enjoyed getting to know Jaden Rashada. They were in different groups and Williams said it wasn't about competing vs one another.

“I was going in with the mindset of becoming better, and I think I achieved that goal,” he said, adding “I was a big fan of Jaden. He’s a great guy, an even better quarterback. It’s easy to get along with someone like him. Can’t say enough good things about him.”

He also said that Josh Gattis has Jaden and he working together studying film and working on drills.
“It’s a very team-oriented thing, the two of us together as a team, that mindset,” Williams says. “Everything we do, we do as a team. Instead of competing against each other it’s put the work in together and grind. You watch the same videos, same type of workouts, we develop that relationship with each other.”

He mentioned that after the Elite 11, FSU, WVA and Washington reached out but he did not receive an offer yet from any of them. He says he is solid to Miami and plans to be at the cookout on July 30

Both Williams and Rashada will be early enrollees...

Advertisement
Shodell had a nice interview with him today for ON3.
williams talked about his experiences at the Elite 11 : his mindset going there was to soak it all in and learn and get better. Said he enjoyed getting to know Jaden Rashada. They were in different groups and Williams said it wasn't about competing vs one another.

“I was going in with the mindset of becoming better, and I think I achieved that goal,” he said, adding “I was a big fan of Jaden. He’s a great guy, an even better quarterback. It’s easy to get along with someone like him. Can’t say enough good things about him.”

He also said that Josh Gattis has Jaden and he working together studying film and working on drills.
“It’s a very team-oriented thing, the two of us together as a team, that mindset,” Williams says. “Everything we do, we do as a team. Instead of competing against each other it’s put the work in together and grind. You watch the same videos, same type of workouts, we develop that relationship with each other.”

He mentioned that after the Elite 11, FSU, WVA and Washington reached out but he did not receive an offer yet from any of them. He says he is solid to Miami and plans to be at the cookout on July 30

Both Williams and Rashada will be early enrollees...
he needs a year of S&C. He'll compete because he plays the position well and throws an accurate ball.

Last edited:
Offered by Auburn and probably will OV to them in the fall. Scanning their board, it appears that he is becoming their primary remaining target for 2023 trigger men.

Advertisement
Back