Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement

Kid has excellent footwork, and from watching his highlights, he has a much better arm than being given credit for. He made some unbelievable throws on his JR. film. His placement is precise, and he can fit the ball in tight spaces.

He also had some stellar throws on the most recent film that came out on him from this spring/summer.

I love Rashada, and think that he’s a potential superstar, but I wouldn’t sleep on this young man. If Mario, Zo, and Ponce all saw him throw and want him, that should tell everyone that he’s a legit prospect.

Advertisement
Kid has excellent footwork, and from watching his highlights, he has a much better arm than being given credit for. He made some unbelievable throws on his JR. film. His placement is precise, and he can fit the ball in tight spaces.

He also had some stellar throws on the most recent film that came out on him from this spring/summer.

I love Rashada, and think that he’s a potential superstar, but I wouldn’t sleep on this young man. If Mario, Zo, and Ponce all saw him throw and want him, that should tell everyone that he’s a legit prospect.
Look forward to seeing Rashada and Williams competing on Greentree in the near future. Just from seeing the film breakdowns, and highlights, I think each brings a lot of talent to the competition. Obviously, which one is better able to assimilate coaching will go a long way toward their success. It seems to me that both are eager to learn based on their comments.

Look forward to seeing Rashada and Williams competing on Greentree in the near future. Just from seeing the film breakdowns, and highlights, I think each brings a lot of talent to the competition. Obviously, which one is better able to assimilate coaching will go a long way toward their success. It seems to me that both are eager to learn based on their comments.
Excellent and rationale post. Too many people get up in their feels and refuse to use common sense.

I don’t have a horse in this race. I just want for each room on our squad to be the best that it can be, the only way to accomplish that is through the highest level of competition that can be created on a daily basis, like during our years of domination.

Both of these young men have traits that will improve our QB room, and make everyone better in the long term. Excited to see both of them battling it out along with Jake and Jacurri in the coming years.

Advertisement
Does anyone know if Williams and Rashada plan to enroll early, Spring 2023? If so, man what QB competition next Spring - Garcia, Brown, Rashada and Williams!!!

Either that or more likely, the stars are waiting to see how the NIL packages work out. Currently, the run is on QBs because they commit early. Once that plays out, I suspect next up will be DL, OT, CBs. It's smart to tie up evaluation guys early because once the stars are scooped up, there will be a lot of teams looking for them.

That's how Butch got Sean Taylor. (@SWFLHurricane. And before you beat me up on it, we know that Butch was also a great closer ;) ).

Take the takes has always been my motto.

If you believe a guy can, bring him in. Keep recruiting higher rated guys and let the process work itself.

Mario’s philosophy of recruiting is so much better than what we have had the last 20 years.

Advertisement
Although I often consider notions of "swagger" silly, you're looking at it with this dude.

Advertisement
This is where the transfer portal actually helps. Kids don't have to be afraid to go to their preferred school just because someone else is committed. Go where you want, compete hard, get better from the competition and if it doesn't work out in your favor you can transfer to another program and start right away (assuming your good enough).

I see no reason why we don't hold on to both guys.

One of the biggest complaints we've had with the last two coaches, but the last one especially, is that the team was treated like working for an auto maker - seniority was prioritized over skill and production. My hope and expectation is that Mario will actually run a meritocracy. The better players will play regardless of ranking, age, etc. And give me a bunch of kids that do not shy away from competition. May the best players play.

Advertisement
Back