Emory set for surgery Monday

Advertisement
He just needs time. Time I wish he had, sitting behind a fully capable QB, which we don't have. I hope he heals up fast, but more importantly, I hope he heals up right. I hope nothing gets rushed. He could take a free medical redshirt for next season, if needed. Let him watch and learn. For the love of God, don't rush him back. The young man showed more heart, desire, and courage on one play than anything we have seen in years. That play will be a turning point for this program, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Emory Williams just became a hero to his team mates. A true freshman just showed everyone what it means to give your **** all. That will resonate, and these young men won't want to be caught doing anything less than their best. Giving anything less than their all won't work. Can't respect that anymore.
Stinks he lost 2 months of extra practice.
And 3 games.

Last edited:
I swear to god some of y’all I hope you get abused at home

Best of luck to the kid on a speedy recovery. Not sure he’s the starter for a legit Hurricanes team but I **** sure want him on the roster
Dude they were clearly beaten

Talking Season 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Advertisement
Yes.. non throwing arm. He will be good to go by end of Jan
Provided everything goes well. As previously mentioned, there could be an issue with tendons, ligaments and/or nerves, plus there is always the risk of infection. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery Emory!

Advertisement
It’s been repeated but I’m going to say it too, we don’t know what his development or trajectory will be, but he showed more guts and toughness and will to win in that one play than so many others ever have in their entire career, and that deserves praise and respect.

Hoping for a speedy full recovery for the young man.

Last edited:
I love this kid. Idk if he will ever be a big time QB, but he literally left it al out there. That’s a kid you fight and go to battle for. He won me over. The reporter sharing he was crying in pain almost brought me to tears. If only that eunuch and lousy excuse for a man #9 had a fourth of that want and fight maybe he could’ve scored on the last drive. Get well soon EW17.

Even a compound fracture bones are basically healed after 7 weeks. No joint involved so it should be fairly simple. I had a compound fracture of the ankle 3 years ago (basically foot knocked off of the bottom of the right leg, tibia sticking out 6 inches) and I was back to weight bearing in 7 weeks ... due to it being a major joint then had a month of physical therapy and was walking with a limp that gradually disappeared. He should be good to go well before Spring ball.
There is also the story of what happened to Alex Smith. The area kept getting infected. So there can be complications. Let’s not just assume everything heals without issues.

Advertisement
The kid has a heart of gold. As far as his future, I continue to see major issues with his release. It’s way too long. It’s almost like a baseball pitcher type throw. That leads to easy balls being batted down. It also requires a clean pocket in front of him to be able to go through his natural motion. I just have never seen a top tier QB release the ball like he does. It’s concerning to me.

Advertisement
Depends a lot on how bad he tore up the ligaments and tendons around the area that broke.Bones heal pretty quick in comparison to nerves,tendons,ligaments etc.
Took me 12 weeks with same injury. Doctors actually wanted another month but I was tired of missing basketball season so I lied and said that I had been cleared to play 😂

Advertisement
Back