emmitt rice got a new offer

I thought Joseph had been offered? Posters on here said they were outraged that he had been offered but not Rice.

Im in the middle on this. Blackvern might have said it best though..Just don't offer 2 weeks before signing day for Christs sake and we should be okay.

For the most part, these schools from OOS just offer any kid that is a 3* and above from down here just to see what sticks. Then if you are the FSU/ALA/OSUs of the world and they don't pan out their senior year, you just push them out the back door anyway come NSD.

BUT I agree that there shouldn't be a big time kid from SoFla that we don't know about. (WITHIN REASON, wouldn't expect the staff to be on some kid from Alonzo Mourning High School. Just too many recruits down here to keep track of everyone. Just isn't realistic honestly. )

Advertisement
Feb. 15, 2015 ...and we're to late on a 2016 recruit, lol! ****, must've been to early for Collins, Michel, Gibson, Cook...some of you writers like making up nonsense to feed the trolls, so the threads can get derailed with foolishness, lol!

this and its crazy imo

Its just butt hurt is all...definitely more of a South Fla. thing. When we offer a kid in Trailer or Canesville first, it makes no difference as they will likely go to the home school whenever the offer comes.

10, 12, 15 days...gimme a break...fck em. There are a TON of kids for this and every coaching staff to evaluate...but very few staffs have such pressure to scour such a talent rich LOADED geographical area and make sure to try and hit on the right guys at the "right" time that makes the kid, his family, his coach, his friends and teammates, and any "representation" happy all at the same time.

Golden has been ****ing me off for years for MANY things on and off the field, but this is ticky tack horse **** that ANY and EVERY coaching staff has and/or will deal with in Miami. If primaddonas want to go elsewhere over some dumb *** order of offers, so be it....it isnt anything like the Golden wait until close to NSD to bail yourself out with an offer that should have been there all along.

UM

Feb. 15, 2015 ...and we're to late on a 2016 recruit, lol! ****, must've been to early for Collins, Michel, Gibson, Cook...some of you writers like making up nonsense to feed the trolls, so the threads can get derailed with foolishness, lol!

Nobody said we were too late to get this kid.. I mentioned that it's a long way to go on page 1.

It's the timing of it. When they offered.

Miami swooped in late.... As in after he got offers from FSU,Bama, Ohio State and UF offered. Miami decided to offer, and we are the closest to him.

Paint it whatever way you want but what changed in two weeks for Miami to offer him? They were already looking at another kid who plays the same position as him from the same school from way before...

This is the point me and DMoney were making. All of a sudden Miami felt he was worth an offer after all those schools offered and days passed?

FSUs been kicking our *** and a year removed from a championship and finished as a top 4 team. OSU won the championship and Bama finished top 4 as well. I would trust their judgement.

It speaks levels that he is coming to visit Miami.

Last edited:
I mean honestly, it is dumb that we were 10 days late or whatever, but pour on the love now, get him and his parents on campus, and this can all go away. See Jordan Cronkite last spring.

As for the Twitter stuff, once upon a time Sam Bruce **** all over us on Twitter. Still might end up at UiF, but he's been committed for almost a year.

Missed this post but I agree. Anyways, I expect Simmons to commit to Miami soon if they let him

Credit Tito

From Josh Hammond of Hallandale, when asked about Miami:

“If they had a different approach to recruiting kids it would help. They didn’t start recruiting me until later. They have to start recruiting kids early on because if they were my first offer I would probably be committed right now. They came in so late, it’s like they don’t really want me there or don’t know what they want.”

This stuff matters. And don't tell me about how immature this kid is. Teenagers are immature. The coaches' job is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted, by any legal means.

Advertisement

“If they had a different approach to recruiting kids it would help. They didn’t start recruiting me until later. They have to start recruiting kids early on because if they were my first offer I would probably be committed right now. They came in so late, it’s like they don’t really want me there or don’t know what they want.”

This stuff matters. And don't tell me about how immature this kid is. Teenagers are immature. The coaches' job is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted, by any legal means.

I still believe my theory. Kids will go where they want. We have offered a plethora of kids first and they either commit then flip (Rudolph, Bryant, Collins, etc.) or don't sign here (Lammons). We have also been late to kids (Cronkrite, Powell) and they still committed. And those guys still left too.

We aren't losing any prospects for offering two weeks after NSD. In addition to that, we offered Hammond 4 months after his first few offers (Duke, LSU) unlike Rice.

Last edited by a moderator:

This proves my point that I've been making.

While it's a long way to go and things will change, some kids do pay attention to those things. It's just the nature of the recruiting game now.

While it's a long way to go and things will change, some kids do pay attention to those things. It's just the nature of the recruiting game now.

Must explain why florida staff didn't want callaway and when they missed out on bigger recievers , they went back to him and boom callaway is a gator, must also explain redwine. a kid is going wherever he wants to go wether ther offer comes freshman year or it comes 4 days before NSD.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Must explain why florida staff didn't want callaway and when they missed out on bigger recievers , they went back to him and boom callaway is a gator, must also explain redwine. a kid is going wherever he wants to go wether ther offer comes freshman year or it comes 4 days before NSD.

I'll tell you first hand. As I know Redwine and a lot of the Killian kids. He did not grow up a Miami fan. Thank Jaquan and thank the fact he wasn't offended by a late offer before signing day. As for every case of that you have the Fenton case.

The old UF staff wanted Callaway, then the new staff didn't prioritize him much for whatever reason it may be until near the end. Sadly his heart was with the Gators ever since his first visit there last year when he visited with Lane. He fell in love with the place. Miami lost that battle as Miami had taken the lead at one point.

But you do make a point. Powell in 2014 flipped to the gators when they offered.

It really all depends on the kid. Some kids do value who offered first and when and how. This is how recruiting is now.

I'll tell you first hand. As I know Redwine and a lot of the Killian kids. He did not grow up a Miami fan. Thank Jaquan and thank the fact he wasn't offended by a late offer before signing day. As for every case of that you have the Fenton case.

The old UF staff wanted Callaway, then the new staff didn't prioritize him much for whatever reason it may be until near the end. Sadly his heart was with the Gators ever since his first visit there last year when he visited with Lane. He fell in love with the place. Miami lost that battle as Miami had taken the lead at one point.

But you do make a point. Powell in 2014 flipped to the gators when they offered.

It really all depends on the kid. Some kids do value who offered first and when and how. This is how recruiting is now.

This, it depends on the kid, but not every kid is like this, its worked in our favor in the past and against us, my only thing about is that we get crap for it and when a school comes out if no where and offers its all fine and dandy

Long, rangy kid who has some nice fluidity to his game. Has frame to fill out and really resemble a Matthew Thomas type OLB. He is fast and athletic with quick twitch movements. A few things I didn't love is that he has to see the play before making a decision, didn't read many plays on his highlight tape, which isn't great. If you aren't reading plays ahead of time as a LB on your highlight tape, I would be calling for play action, traps, and counters all game to your side. The other thing is he made a lot of hits with his feet off the ground right before impact. It's a subtle thing, but will cause him to miss tackles if he keeps doing it. When he does have his feet on the ground, he tends to stop his feet at contact- either with the ball carrier or against a blocker.

You can see the upside due to his natural gifts, but he is extremely raw and is limited to OLB only. I'd rate him as a three star player with four star talent.

Greg Simmons is much more versatile and instinctual as a LB, but they are completely different players and probably shouldn't be compared as prospects anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back