emmitt rice got a new offer

Advertisement
These kids are just looking for reasons not to chose Miami because it's the trendy thing to do (recent history of performance feeds into that).

Can't wait for the day that coming to Miami is respected again, the way it should be. Lets start winning and kids like this will appreciate an offer that comes a year before signing day and way before a Senior season game is played.

Last edited:
I mean honestly, it is dumb that we were 10 days late or whatever, but pour on the love now, get him and his parents on campus, and this can all go away. See Jordan Cronkite last spring.

As for the Twitter stuff, once upon a time Sam Bruce **** all over us on Twitter. Still might end up at UiF, but he's been committed for almost a year.

You guys need to start getting these kids opinion and stop trying to speak for them.

Advertisement
Miami should have been on this kid first.

No excuse for FSU, Bama, Ohio State, and UF to offer him before us when we offered a kid who plays the same position as him at the same school.

Already explained this in the other Emmett Rice thread. Looks like Miami swooped in late now after they all offered. It doesn't matter anymore about just getting the offer. It's about timing and relationships now. The recruiting landscape has changed, you have to be two steps ahead.

Their was no excuse for all those schools offering before us. Kids notice those things.

I mean it's one thing where FSU offered but then a few more offered as the days went on. This looks bad on Miami. Idc what way you put it.

It may be hard to believe but it's true.

It is still early in the process though.

What lb did we offer from Norland? Vosean Joseph doesn't have an offer according to Luke.

I have watched tape on Simmons and Rice and can't see any discernable difference that would make me lose sleep over us taking Simmons. Not to mention we could snatch up Baptiste who is probably faster than both and more versitile. Bottom line is in 2016 there are a lot of these 6 feet 200+ pound guys.

If he wants to come here he will come here. We were late, but this kid will forget about who offered first within a couple months. Dionte mullins said he would never even visit miami again after he got SEC offers & no offer from miami, and now he's one of our top commits

Advertisement
I mean honestly, it is dumb that we were 10 days late or whatever, but pour on the love now, get him and his parents on campus, and this can all go away. See Jordan Cronkite last spring.

As for the Twitter stuff, once upon a time Sam Bruce **** all over us on Twitter. Still might end up at UiF, but he's been committed for almost a year.

Missed this post but I agree. Anyways, I expect Simmons to commit to Miami soon if they let him

i say get Simmons and Baptiste and call it a day, play Simmons right away redshirt Baptiste and im happy with that, this Emmett rice kid seems like a headache we ant got time to strock nobody egos the kid got his offer now the ball is in his court.

uncle luke post this on twitter i think hes letting the coaches know not to waste there time unless we start winning

@RyanBartow @E_CRAZEE @joshnewberg247 if Miami was smart they would go after my other linebacker VaShawn Joseph or my safety Val Mays

Last edited:
it really irks me that we offer our local kids after the likes of bammer and FSU. that should not be happening. someone is not doing their job properly.

oh well, at least we didn't wait until another 6 months to offer and pursued some Cali or Jersey kid instead.

Luke wants miami to offer all their guys so they can go else where and then write about why they didnt pick miami vashawn is not better than pickney,shaq,mccloud, i rather offer thompson from central before any of the norland linebackers. Like shaqs dad said miami shouldnt really bring in more than 5 linebackers

Advertisement
i say get Simmons and Baptiste and call it a day, play Simmons right away redshirt Baptiste and im happy with that, this Emmett rice kid seems like a headache we ant got time to strock nobody egos the kid got his offer now the ball is in his court.

uncle luke post this on twitter i think hes letting the coaches know not to waste there time unless we start winning

@RyanBartow @E_CRAZEE @joshnewberg247 if Miami was smart they would go after my other linebacker VaShawn Joseph or my safety Val Mays

That's good in my book too. I like Thompson a lot, but Simmons is a bruiser from Day 1 and Baptiste is a crazy athlete.

Luke playing pimp... Piece of garbage

Advertisement
This is a competition and a game of inches. What changed in two weeks that we offered him now?

Why did Alabama and FSU beat us to the punch when we have all the information at our fingertips?

This is a competition and a game of inches. What changed in two weeks that we offered him now?

Why did Alabama and FSU beat us to the punch when we have all the information at our fingertips?

That's great & all and you're right to a certain degree but in the long run how much does it matter or will it matter? Truth is Luke is playing his games again.

We had 3 top linebackers committed with a hybrid lb/safety in Gil as well. People making a fuss about this are just looking for a reason to complain. Is he good? Yes but our linebacker class will and is great with or without him....

Advertisement
Back