emmitt rice got a new offer

Some of you guys seen to think we can and should offer every local kid. As it was brought up earlier, we have three commitments in this cycle from 3 three studs who want to be here. When they commited no one said we should offer Rice. I do believe we need at least 5 lbs and based on his tape, we could

Advertisement
That's great & all and you're right to a certain degree but in the long run how much does it matter or will it matter? Truth is Luke is playing his games again.

I think it matters a lot. Coach Coley believes it's critical to offer kids first. You saw it with Kaaya. Conversely, we were late on Davante Davis last year and he went to Texas (who offered him about two weeks before us).

Luke usually sends his kids to Miami. When he was at Northwestern, we got all of his guys except Amari Cooper. And that was because we botched his recruitment. Luke is not the problem.

This is a competition and a game of inches. What changed in two weeks that we offered him now?

Why did Alabama and FSU beat us to the punch when we have all the information at our fingertips?

I agree that they shouldn't be beating us but it will have no effect on his recruitment imo. Cronkrite committed and we offered after every big school. Alex collins, Rudolph and Keith Bryant committed early and flipped. We offered Lammons first and he didn't sign here.

have offered but would he have stuck if FSU offered. Judging by his comments I say no way. Simmons and Baptiste are just as good as Rice, and should be offered.

That's great & all and you're right to a certain degree but in the long run how much does it matter or will it matter? Truth is Luke is playing his games again.

I think it matters a lot. Coach Coley believes it's critical to offer kids first. You saw it with Kaaya. Conversely, we were late on Davante Davis last year and he went to Texas (who offered him about two weeks before us).

Luke usually sends his kids to Miami. When he was at Northwestern, we got all of his guys except Amari Cooper. And that was because we botched his recruitment. Luke is not the problem.

Davis was going to flip to auburn and they told him no because they took Carlton davis & Dinson instead. Aubun offered three months after Texas and Miami.

There's a huge difference between being two weeks late and 6 months late (iirc usc and UCLA were around 6 months after the miami offer). For the most part I feel we've done a good job offering the local kids early and not waiting for the Al golden camps. DCW, Rice, and a few others are exceptions but it's an improvement from the 2014 and 2015 cycle. Not at optimal level yet, but I'll take the improvement

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Yup it's important to identify who you want early but you're being naive to the setup that's coming. How many LB'ers are we going to take. When we already have our LB'er group committed and suddenly your boy, who's a poison pill, starts spouting off about his guys not getting recruited and put everybody on blast. You must have a short memory.

Davis was going to flip to auburn and they told him no because they took Carlton davis & Dinson instead. Aubun offered three months after Texas and Miami.

There's a huge difference between being two weeks late and 6 months late (iirc usc and UCLA were around 6 months after the miami offer). For the most part I feel we've done a good job offering the local kids early and not waiting for the Al golden camps. DCW, Rice, and a few others are exceptions but it's an improvement from the 2014 and 2015 cycle. Not at optimal level yet, but I'll take the improvement

Auburn was in a unique situation because T-Rob had the pre-existing relationship.

The first thing Schnellenberger said in the U Documentary when discussing the "State of Miami" was that we need to be the foremost expert on every kid down here. What information did FSU and Alabama have that led them to offer before we did? And what new information did we get in two weeks that led us to offer? He hasn't played a snap.

Everybody is looking for an edge, and we give an edge away when we wait to offer a kid.

Let me repeat this... all of this doesnt matter...These juniors are so immature they have no idea about the process... It doesnt matter....Im telling you it really doesnt So you can go and get your panties in a bunch about who offered who first and the end of the day 95% of recruits dont care about this..Just dont offer them 2 weeks before signing day. I personally wouldnt offer these dudes untill we went on a winning streak or had a big win...or after we hire a new coach...Out of state dudes offer eraerly because they wont be down here as often....they need to plant seeds..we dont...Ive had this conversation with many recruits and they simply dont care...dont believe the the hype.. High school Coaches just like it because it makes them look good for other players to come to their school..cmon guys

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let me repeat this... all of this doesnt matter...These juniors are so immature they have no idea about the process... It doesnt matter....Im telling you it really doesnt So you can go and get your panties in a bunch about who offered who first and the end of the day 95% of recruits dont care about this..Just dont offer them 2 weeks before signing day

Truth.... when Vern speaks, yall better listen...lol

Auburn was in a unique situation because T-Rob had the pre-existing relationship.

The first thing Schnellenberger said in the U Documentary when discussing the "State of Miami" was that we need to be the foremost expert on every kid down here. What information did FSU and Alabama have that led them to offer before we did? And what new information did we get in two weeks that led us to offer? He hasn't played a snap.

Everybody is looking for an edge, and we give an edge away when we wait to offer a kid.

T-Rob was an advantage but again, did the early offer lead to a direct advantage?

I am not trying to downplay the importance of having the most knowledge on prospects, but the timing of the offer is a difference of only two weeks. We can still be two weeks late to offer and have the most knowledge on prospects. We can see Rice 5 times this year then drop or raise him on our board accordingly. Others can't do that. The offer is only a two week difference a year before signing day. It won't have an effect on his recruitment

We offered Collins, Rudolph and Bryant first, they all committed and left. We offered Cronkrite two weeks late, and he commited then left. We offered Chris Lammons first and he never came. We offered Brandon powell late, and he commited then left. The offer will not have any effect on Emmit's recruitment. When we offer kids in Decemeber, January, or February, then we have a major problem (which has obviously happened multiple times with Skai moore, fenton, redwine, etc.). If usc or UCLA wouldve offered two weeks late Jake Heaps would've been our starter last year IMO.

Also on the opposing end, we were on kids such as Zach mccloud, Richards, and Allison before others.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Rob was an advantage but again, did the early offer lead to a direct advantage?

I am not trying to downplay the importance of having the most knowledge on prospects, but the timing of the offer is a difference of only two weeks. A year before signing day. We can still obtain the most information on a prospect and be a couple days late to an offer.

We offered Collins, Rudolph and Bryant first, they all committed and left. We offered Cronkrite two weeks late, and he commited then left. We offered Chris Lammons first and he never came. We offered Brandon powell late, and he commited then left. The offer will not have any effect on Emmit's recruitment. When we offer kids in Decemeber, January, or February, then we have a major problem (which has obviously happened multiple times with Skai moore, fenton, redwine, etc.). If usc or UCLA wouldve offered two weeks late Jake Heaps would've been our starter last year IMO.

Also on the opposing end, we were on kids such as Zach mccloud, Richards, and Allison before others.

True.... Kyle and we lucked up on Redwine.... I knew his Cousin that got Killed Roger "Scooter" Hall and use to see Redwine play optimist.. kid was a beast... and his whole family loves the U... that really helped us with him...

This is a competition and a game of inches. What changed in two weeks that we offered him now?

Why did Alabama and FSU beat us to the punch when we have all the information at our fingertips?
We had 3 top linebackers committed with a hybrid lb/safety in Gil as well. People making a fuss about this are just looking for a reason to complain. Is he good? Yes but our linebacker class will and is great with or without him....

there's no such thing as 'committed' with NSD a year away. The smart programs don't put all their eggs in one basket.

Advertisement
Well then

It's the ninth offer for Rice.

"Miam is my favorite college team," Rice said. "I've always wanted to go there since I was younger."

Rice said he plans on visiting Miami in the summer.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 27 outside linebacker and the No. 40 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-offers-FSU-commit-35674487

This is what recruiting has come to? FSU offered 2 seconds earlier so it's loss? Bull. The reason kids don't come is because we get our *** kick when the season starts. 6-7. El Foldo offered, Collins, Keitg Bryant, Chatman, Lammons. All these kids and they flipped. Product on the field. Simple as that. Kids grey shirt at Bama and LSU because they want to be there and know they are likely to be successful. They want results and not more Golden rhetoric

If Emmitt wants to be here its open for him, being two weeks late to the alter a year before signing day is ridicolous. We move on he moves on if Miami starts winning some of these kids train of thought will change as well.

Advertisement
Anyone known if we offered the other LB at Norland? His name escapes me.

Advertisement
Back