Elite TE Riley Williams commits to Miami

Advertisement
Now he’s trying to recruit another Northwest prospect who also made the move to IMG.

“I’m definitely going to try to recruit Jayden Wayne,” said Williams. “He’s transferring to IMG with me so I’m going to be in his ear about Miami as much as possible.”
Considering our staff, budget & history, the last thing these schools want to see is a Canes-IMG pipeline.

Building the offence to be able to smash the ball down your throat- but also spread you out with 4 wide sets makes it very difficult for defences. Especially with teams used to going against spread all the time.

Get this O rolling passing for 300 and rushing for near 200 and we will be competing for championships

What should excite UM fans is getting playmakers ont he field. If we have a lot of playmakers at TE then we should be running a lot of TE’s in 12 or 13 personnel. Imagine being the d-coordinator having to deal with 2 TE sets with any (2) this year of Mallory, Arroyo and Skinner; and next year with any (2) and sometimes all three of Arroyo, Skinner and Williams. Other than Clemson and maybe TAM, no one has the personnel at LB to deal with this. Its a mismatch every time.

That my point exactly! Once opposing LBs get exposed in coverage, they will be forced to send out an extra DB, which gives us the advantage in the run. Put a S in the box and, hopefully, our WRs can take advantage of all the space on the outside.

Our TE room is ridiculously talented ! And, they all bring something different

Advertisement
23 personnel?

**** we are really turning back the clock lol

I just hope we take advantage of the room our WRs will have to work with. With the talent we are bringing in, I just can't see ACC LBs keeping up (outside of Clemson). DCs will have to get creative or leave their CBs on a island

Advertisement
Old School Yes GIF

That my point exactly! Once opposing LBs get exposed in coverage, they will be forced to send out an extra DB, which gives us the advantage in the run. Put a S in the box and, hopefully, our WRs can take advantage of all the space on the outside.

Our TE room is ridiculously talented ! And, they all bring something different
Norte Dame did this to UM a few years ago in South Bend. Our LB’s couldn’t cover their TE. When we switched to a safety over him, ND ran straight at the safety who was now giving up 5” and 45 lbs to the TE in the run game. That one position mismatch can dictate so much.

Advertisement
This level of athleticism in the TE room has not existed in such numbers since, when?
Shockey and Winslow? Not saying we have first round pIcks but we definitely have some great athletes. Tall, agile, fast and heavy

Advertisement
And will they all remain at TE? Maybe the kid that plays lacrosse moves to DE. I think he also plays DE in HS.
No. CIS consensus is that 34% of our roster will change positions at least once, and 13% will change twice or more!

Advertisement
Back