ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone have any locker room celebration after this amazing win? I want some kind of video of that and/or the celebration on the court. I didn't know to go to CBS sport network right after the game ended. I missed all the celebrating!
Look on canesports YouTube channel. They have it all. Not sure there was a locker room celebration— they were on the court for a long time

Advertisement
We got Texas to play at our pace. I didn’t think they would fall for it like Houston did but great athletes really can’t help but run and gun when they get the chance, coaching and game plan be dam*ed.
So in the first half all of UT’s shots were falling which made them think those are the shots they should take. UT averaged making 7 3’s per game. Tonight they made 7 3’s in the first half. And because of that success they kept shooting shots that they don’t normally take. And eventually the law of averages caught up to them.
We played our game from beginning to end. I told my son all game that if the game reaches the 80’s Miami will win because our guys are used to playing that tempo. Once we hit 80 that was it.

IF we can get UConn to play in the 70’s and 80’s we have a realistic chance. 50’s and 60’s they win. Literally the same boring thing I have now written for 3 games and it’s still true.

Dennis Dodd tried to swipe the last question from Michelle Kaufman. L was not having it.
Pack did not play like garbage
I agree. I think that he played a great game. Was smart and took what the defense gave him. He drove to the basket with reckless abandon, and made some tough shots. All 5 starters played fearlessly, and Bentley gave us some really good minutes, too.

I remember earlier this season you gave a great analysis on who you thought were the best teams in the nation, and who you thought had the best team. You thought UConn had the best team, and once again you were right on the money.

In my opinion, this next game will be our toughest game of the season.

How do you like our chances against the Huskies?

Advertisement
1679892856258.png

-----------------------FINAL FOUR-------------------------

We got Texas to play at our pace. I didn’t think they would fall for it like Houston did but great athletes really can’t help but run and gun when they get the chance, coaching and game plan be dam*ed.
So in the first half all of UT’s shots were falling which made them think those are the shots they should take. UT averaged making 7 3’s per game. Tonight they made 7 3’s in the first half. And because of that success they kept shooting shots that they don’t normally take. And eventually the law of averages caught up to them.
We played our game from beginning to end. I told my son all game that if the game reaches the 80’s Miami will win because our guys are used to playing that tempo. Once we hit 80 that was it.

IF we can get UConn to play in the 70’s and 80’s we have a realistic chance. 50’s and 60’s they win. Literally the same boring thing I have now written for 3 games and it’s still true.
it was pretty remarkable how the game played out pretty much exactly to coach L's game plan. let them take their 3s, weather the storm, if they overcommit to our perimeter drive the paint and make them foul like crazy, and just keep chipping chipping chipping away.

We spoke about this yesterday, and we were right on the money. Miami imposed their pace, and wound up winning because of it. It was a track meet, and the Texas guys were bricking from long range in that 2nd half, probably due to tired legs. Not getting the same height on a long jumper can affect rotation and form.

Coach L had a great game plan again. We were attacking the rim nonstop since tip off.

Our tough ACC schedule and playing in so many close games is really paying off right now. March Madness is all about surviving and advancing.

Our next game will be a very tough one. But I agree with you once again. If we impose our pace on them, and rebound while protecting the ball, we will be in the game late with a chance to win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back