ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Agree, but they are overplaying the perimeter, and we are not consistently making them pay for that
Villa coach at halftime said when that happens cut, pass to cutter, defense will collapse and then your guy needs to make the extra pass out to open shooter.. He has a ring on so it sounds like it will work lol..

Both teams shooting well, but they have more shot attempts from rebounds, and their makes are 3’s.

Anxious to see what Coach L does on defense, that will make the difference
Lots of scramble 3s from Texas. I can count 2-3 makes from tipped rebounds and guys scrambling. That's when someone leaks out or gets lost. People have to mark and talk after a tip. Find a guy.

Advertisement
If I see stupidity, I call it out. I don't apologize. It's almost like there's a playbook of insane takes, and some posters take turns wedging them into conversations. Miami is in contact, despite Texas having their best shooting half OF THE ENTIRE SEASON. Miami comes out strong in the second half, they have a fighting chance. The key is forcing Texas into some tougher shots.
Sounds good. Do you.

Off game plan is fine and sustainable. Most are easy buckets. Don’t try to force threes if they aren’t there.

And gotta stop leaving guys on defense. If they beat Omier or whoever else one on one, so be it.
Would also be nice to get some easy transition points.

From a UT perspective, it doesn't look very comforting - y'all are getting points way too easy inside. Our 3s are too likely to fall off over time whereas your inside 2s will stay high percentage. I also suspect UM will catch up in the rebounding via some of those inside shots if they do miss....

The 'bench points' thing they harp on is ridiculous - they have Rice as a 'bench player' but he plays starter minutes in every game.

Cunningham getting 7 is quite odd, though - he average 4.5 a game. He is actually the highest 3-pt shooter on the team with any significant number of minutes.
These are my thoughts too

Advertisement
Villa coach just said we need to pass out of the cuts if they are playing us high on three, that is when you will get open looks at three.. pass to cutter, defense will collapse and then pass out to open shooter.. We are taking the cheese by not shooting threes.. And plus we cant even pass to cutter sometimes without turning over..
texas is giving us everything inside. it works if they can hit their 3s. it leads to a blowout if they dont. they can't score inside w Omier in the game.

Problem is we are falling behind too much to a really good team so we can't afford to sit him at all really as long as he isnt in foul trouble.
I believe he used the same strategy against IU. The played him all of most of the second Half.

Why did coach L sit omier so much since he only had 1 foul?
Can’t speak to that but I’d imagine they had that in the game plan going in.? Especially with Texas’s big dude out, we need him to maximize this half and play free

Advertisement
Off game plan is fine and sustainable. Most are easy buckets. Don’t try to force threes if they aren’t there.

And gotta stop leaving guys on defense. If they beat Omier or whoever else one on one, so be it.
Would also be nice to get some easy transition points.
Offense is fine. It’s rebounding and closing out on threes.

Advertisement
Sometimes you just get 3'd to death. It happens.
The way it’s happening is bc we’re still packing the paint. When Omier is out, everybody is down there helping. You can’t continue to do that. Their guards are legit. They may not continue to shoot 60+% but they sure aren’t gonna go 1-10 when they’re wide open.

As I said the other day, Carr and Rice love taking and missing tough shots, we just gotta be in a position to force those though shots. That’s how you slow them down.

Advertisement
Back