ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

I like what we're doing offensively. We've been good with the ball in the 1st half. Defensively however we've been terrible. We aren't contesting shots in the paint, giving up offensive rebounds, getting lost in transition, unable to stay in fromt our man, etc. Just horrible altogether. Texas does have some matchups that don't favor us and they're shooting lights out, but a lot of our problems are self inflicted. We've got to refocus and get stops in the 2nd half. Texas got everything they wanted on offense so far. If we're to come back and win this game it's going to start with our D. Also would like to see us win the rebounding and turnover battle. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
From a UT perspective, it doesn't look very comforting - y'all are getting points way too easy inside. Our 3s are too likely to fall off over time whereas your inside 2s will stay high percentage. I also suspect UM will catch up in the rebounding via some of those inside shots if they do miss....

The 'bench points' thing they harp on is ridiculous - they have Rice as a 'bench player' but he plays starter minutes in every game.

Cunningham getting 7 is quite odd, though - he average 4.5 a game. He is actually the highest 3-pt shooter on the team with any significant number of minutes.
Cunningham has 7 because he was being guarded by Walker and Casey

Offense is fine. It’s rebounding and closing out on threes.
Yup. If we can just eliminate their really open 3s and make them hit contested ones, I like keeping our strategy the same for the most part. We do still need to take more than 3 3s though. But I don’t want to force it for the sake of forcing it either. With Omier playing most/all of 2nd half, I think we’lol be good on boards.

Advertisement
Off game plan is fine and sustainable. Most are easy buckets. Don’t try to force threes if they aren’t there.

And gotta stop leaving guys on defense. If they beat Omier or whoever else one on one, so be it.
Would also be nice to get some easy transition points.
Agreed.

Last thing I’d want is for them to start shooting 3s just because when the 2s are plenty available

they are suffocating the three. L has to find a way to get us open from long range

Advertisement
We need to come up with some steals and transition buckets. Texas playing a flawless 1st half. Frustrating.

Advertisement
Yup. If we can just eliminate their really open 3s and make them hit contested ones, I like keeping our strategy the same for the most part. We do still need to take more than 3 3s though. But I don’t want to force it for the sake of forcing it either. With Omier playing most/all of 2nd half, I think we’lol be good on boards.
def have to find a way to get a few looks up from 3. we got 2 makes from 3 both in the corners. im hoping we get a pull up transition 3 at some point something easy to get going

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back